Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

I've got Judd polling in 9 of the Blues' 10 wins he's played in. You'd think thats going a bit far, but its Chris Judd. The guy polls, almost without fail in wins.

FWIW:

Round 4 - 3
Round 5 - 2
Round 7 - 2
Round 8 - 3
Round 10 - 1
Round 13 - 1
Round 14 - 3
Round 17 - 1
Round 19 - 3
Round 20 - 3

Chris Judd was the last player to win the Brownlow from outside the top 4, WC ended 8th in 2004.

I will have a dollar on Judd polling votes in Rd 6 against Collingwood, BS 7 of his first 10 disposals were turnover - He had 6 Clangers on the day, how is that possible?
His disposal efficiency was 68%, he had 37 touches of which 18 were contested, 11 clearances, 10 inside 50's

I think I might have $2 on it now - He will poll in this game.

No way will he poll here. He was ineffectual, heaps of noticable clangers and his team got smashed by 50+ points.

Can't believe some people have him down for 2 votes. Out of interest,
3 Pendlebury
2 Swan
1 Ball

No way will he poll here. He was ineffectual, heaps of noticable clangers and his team got smashed by 50+ points.

Can't believe some people have him down for 2 votes. Out of interest,
3 Pendlebury
2 Swan
1 Ball

Coaches Votes:
Carlton v Collingwood
8 Chris Judd (Carl)
8 Luke Ball (Coll)
7 Dane Swan (Coll)
5 Scott Pendlebury (Coll)
1 Marc Murphy (Carl)
1 Jordan Russell (Carl)

No one is saying he will get the three, there was only a few points the difference at the 20 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.The games doesn't have to be close at the end to poll votes.

We will see who gets to bump this post on Brownlow medal night ;)

chrisjudd.jpg

So gay with the image, RIGHT CLICK -> VIEW IMAGE

Coaches Votes:
Carlton v Collingwood
8 Chris Judd (Carl)
8 Luke Ball (Coll)
7 Dane Swan (Coll)
5 Scott Pendlebury (Coll)
1 Marc Murphy (Carl)
1 Jordan Russell (Carl)

No one is saying he will get the three, there was only a few points the difference at the 20 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.The games doesn't have to be close at the end to poll votes.

We will see who gets to bump this post on Brownlow medal night ;)

Fair enough.

Just read the Champion Data article on Swan winning the Brownlow, wtach his odds come in tommorow haha

I remember last year Sylvia (maybe green) polled the 3 in a 50 odd point loss to the pies. Saying that I would be surprised if he polled more than 1.

According to my leaderboard, the winner has been narrowed down to just 6 players, but my money is still on Judd to take home the Charlie. Exciting times indeed! :)

Round 20 Leaderboard:
24 - C. Judd (+)
22 - G. Ablett (+)
22 - L. Hodge
21 - L. Hayes
21 - S. Pendlebury (+)
18 - D. Swan

17 – J. Selwood (+)
16 - M. Boyd
16 - J. Bartel
15 – A. Goodes

Note: (*) Ineligible. (+) Ranking Rise. (-) Ranking Drop.

For more info, complete round votes, discussion and leaderboard visit http://www.brownlowtalk.blogspot.com :thumbsu:

I thought it was crazy when Judd went out to $15 around Rd 10? And gettrng $30 a few weeks ago was just madness.

I think the fact that pretty much everyone who does a serious analysis on the Brownlow has Judd as there top pick should not be underestimated.

My Judd Votes.
Rd 4 = 3
5 = 3
6 = 1
7 = 1
8 = 2
10 = 1
11 = 1
14 = 3
17 = 2
19 = 3
20 = 3

Total 23 = Equal leader with Ablett.

That round 6 game may be one of the key matches in deciding the Brownlow.

Pendlebury (17), Swan (20) and Judd (23) are all a big chance to poll.

I had it in that order, but if say Judd pulls the 3, I will be looking to lay my Pendlebury bets asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not have my own count this year (went to do one, couldn't find a replay of Geelong v Essendon Rnd 1 and gave up - I made one game), but I still try to contribute to the thread if I can. The knowledge of some of the people in this thread is astounding. I was able to buy my first car last year solely with winnings off an outlay of about $250, so I'm sure goochrules will be able to understand my bias towards their analyses over his. For what it's worth, I'll be at St Kilda v Richmond and Collingwood v Adelaide over the weekend, so I'll keep an eye out for you blokes. C'mon Pendles and Hayes for the 3 (and Thompson for the 2, just to sure up that value bet most of us got on mid-way through the year)!

if judd polls any votes in that much it just shows u what a joke scam this brownlow is. it would be the least deserving votes ever, why would a turnover king win the brownlow, as much as i hate him i hope even ablett wins over judd
Taken from the 'Statistically best performances for 0 brownlow votes' thread:

Steve Johnson - Geelong v Sydney, Round 7 2009

28 disposals (23 and 5), 11 marks, 4.5 in a 51-point win - 0 votes

Goodes in the same game

27 disposals (14 and 13), 4 marks, 2.1 in a 51-point loss - 3 votes

I'm by no means saying it will happen, I'm just saying umpire bias/interpretation (whatever you want to call it) plays a huge role, and throwing challenges to the tune of $20,000 out in the open is asking for trouble. I don't get the hatred for Ablett either. Sure, he might've torn both our clubs a new one recently (we might get another this weekend!), but the guy does some amazing things with the football, and is a pleasure to watch in full flight.

EDIT: Better yet, have a read of this thread I've just found: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595049. I think it put your call of "least deserving" to bed. Now let's get back to discussing how we'll make our money this year...

i can only see judd polling 1 or 2 votes in the last 2 games (most likely at Subiaco). Even tho i love judd to win it will this be enough votes? (considering most brownlow counts come down to the last 2 games)

If geelong significantly beat carlton and it doesnt seem as tho judd will poll would his brownlow odds change to about $18-$19 or stay around $15-$16 mark?

What im trying to ask is do u think its smarter to get judds odds now or wait till after geelongs game where carlton are large underdogs?

if you actually bothered checking this thread you would find an answer to you qestion almost on every page

Thanks for the constructive answer. I've read through about the previous 10 pages, and the only answer was that TAB will be opening it up after round 22.

I was talking about the likes of Centrebet, Sportsbet etc when I mentioned online agencies, and from what I read I didn't see a mention if they would open up multi betting.

Well no wonder why carlton are so far down the ladder those so called RIPPER games actually assisted collingwood to victory hence the 8 goal drubbing. Get a brain u clueless one eyed carlton fan, Mike Sheahan quote from two weeks ago, Judds disposal efficiency has been terrible this year and he isnt in my top 10 " guy is a turnover king

You have no idea mate! If you don't have anything constructive to add then leave. Judd is an awesome poller and had a good game, it's reasonable to suggest he will poll. He may have had some clangers but he lifted the whole team and got us within 3 points. Haselby last year polled 2 votes in an 80+ point loss to Collingwood.

Add to the fact that Collingwood as a team poll less votes then they deserve (Carlton outpolled them with 2 less wins last year) and you would see Judd is a chance to poll in that game. Remember, it's how the umpires will vote, not neccecirly who the best players actually were as well...

Just spoke to a live rep from Centrebet (telling him that Chappy is ineligible- thought they might've thanked me with a free bet or something. Worth a go, haha.) who reiterated that there will be no multi'ing of Team Vote Leaders this year. To the TAB it is!

*ProfessorFarnsworth.jpg*

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I've just spoken with a representative from Luxbet who has given me reason to believe that they WILL offer a Team Votes market with the ability to multi. He was just going to contact someone higher up to confirm this. At the very least this would increase our likehood of good value.

I had "SUCKERS!!" written into the live chat, but luckily exited before I hit enter. I'm just waiting on an email to confirm this.

*ProfessorFarnsworth.jpg*

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I've just spoken with a representative from Luxbet who has given me reason to believe that they WILL offer a Team Votes market with the ability to multi. He was just going to contact someone higher up to confirm this. At the very least this would increase our likehood of good value.

Time to sign up to Luxbet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back