Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

Judd clearly has 7 votes and probably has 8 or 9. Dunno how people have got him on anything less. A shoe in to get 2+ votes on the weekend.

Plus its Judd. Umps love him. Up there with Black and Goodes as the umpires love child.

I would be pretty surprised if Pendlebury is on 6+ votes.

You were probably surprised last year when he out-polled Swan aswell. The guy polls, the Pies midfield isn't particularly flashy or classy but rather a bunch of hard-working top shelf players and youngsters. Pendles stands out, he is a little more class and is always around the packs, close to the umpire, getting his hands on the ball, helping people up and giving encouragement to his teammates, very Hayes-like.

$41 still on Centrebet $11 for a place is juicy considering he is allready probly half way to getting top 3 after 1/4 of the season. So much media hype this kid will get votes for even average games

$41 still on Centrebet $11 for a place is juicy considering he is allready probly half way to getting top 3 after 1/4 of the season. So much media hype this kid will get votes for even average games

I wouldn't get too excited.

Did the hype get to the umpires last year when Swan was racking up 35 possessions a game? No. Don't forget Pav and Sandi are proven vote getters and are having more influence from a viewer's perspective, meaning what they do stands out more.

Barlow I place in the Swan mould where after the game you see the stats and wonder how the hell he got so many touches. Sure, he'll poll well but not up there in the top 3.

Yeah but he fits the bill for a vote getter

fresh, midfielder and in a winning team

I wouldn't get too excited.

Did the hype get to the umpires last year when Swan was racking up 35 possessions a game? No. Don't forget Pav and Sandi are proven vote getters and are having more influence from a viewer's perspective, meaning what they do stands out more.

Barlow I place in the Swan mould where after the game you see the stats and wonder how the hell he got so many touches. Sure, he'll poll well but not up there in the top 3.

Catfan, i can understand and respect your opinion. But i have watched every fremantle game this year and i would be shocked for Barlow to have less then 9 votes at this stage, more like 11. I think his disposals are generally much more effective then swan's and his contested ball is much more eye catching in my opinion. I think that he may be a good bet for top 5, but i wouldn't be even thinking about placing a bet on the winner or the top 3/5 after only round 6, 16 rounds to go!

You clearly don't watch many of Swan's games. There seems to be people out there who think he hacks the ball. If you watched the Collingwood V Carlton game Swan hardly missed a target by foot.

Round 6

Western Bulldogs V St. Kilda:
3. L. Hayes
2. A. Cooney
1. J. Harbrow

North Melbourne V Melbourne:
3. A. Swallow
2. D. Wells
1. L. Anthony

Adelaide V Port Adelaide:
3. R. Gray
2. D. Cassissi
1. T. Edwards

Essendon V Hawthorn:
3. N. Lovett-Murray
2. J. Watson
1. D. Fletcher

Sydney V Brisbane:
3. K. Jack
2. R. O'Keefe
1. D. Bradshaw

Geelong V Richmond:
3. P. Chapman
2. J. Selwood
1. S. Johnson

Carlton V Collingwood:
3. S. Pendlebury
2. C. Judd
1. D. Thomas

West Coast V Fremantle:
3. M. Barlow
2. M. Pavlich
1. P. Duffield

Leaderboard:

11 - G. Ablett
10 - M. Barlow (+)
8 - A. Sandilands (+)
8 - C. Judd (+)
7 - S. Pendlebury (+)
7 - J. Brennan*
7 - L. Hayes (+)
7 - R. O'Keefe (+)
6 - N. Riewoldt
6 - J. Brown
5 - M. Pavlich (+)
5 - A. Cooney (+)
5 - H. Shaw
5 - A. Swallow (+)
5 - T. Boak
5 - R. Griffen
5 - B. Moloney
5 - N. Lovett-Murray (+)
5 - J. Watson (+)
4 - J. Bartel
4 - B. Goddard
4 - M. Murphy
4 - A. Goodes
4 - M. Rischitelli
4 - James McDonald
4 - M. Boyd

Full write up and discussion at www.brownlowtalk.blogspot.com :thumbsu:

You clearly don't watch many of Swan's games. There seems to be people out there who think he hacks the ball. If you watched the Collingwood V Carlton game Swan hardly missed a target by foot.

I agree with this, I don’t think its Swans disposal efficiency that has cost him votes in the past couple of years, more the awkward looking kicking technique and running style he has. The fact that he is effective is often overlooked by the fact that he doesn’t look like a classic footballer when he plays. When he misses a target, as everyone does from time to time it gets remembered more because the whole thing looks bad.

Also the poster who compared Barlow to Swan in terms of how their games will translate into votes should look at Swan’s 2007 season, back when he really burst onto the scene kind of like what Barlow is doing this year… I don’t agree completely with the comparison, but if you are going to use it, look into it properly.

Judd clearly has 7 votes and probably has 8 or 9. Dunno how people have got him on anything less. A shoe in to get 2+ votes on the weekend.

Plus its Judd. Umps love him. Up there with Black and Goodes as the umpires love child.
Great call and I couldn't agree more. Judd is the one to be on and very good value around $7.50. Take him into your Premiership fancy, get them into the GF and off-lay.
It's a 2 horse race IMO between Ablett and Judd. You should look at the upcoming Carlton draw, after the Saints game they can win about 8 out of 9.
Judd sure is the Simon Black or Adam Goodes of super dooper polling.
I reckon that he would have got 3 vs Adel and Geel and 2 for sure and maybe 3 vs Coll so on 8 I'd say as it will probably be 2 x 3's and a 2. He would be odds on if we had only played 3 rounds ( which he has ! ) and he had started like this.
J Brown the other chance at this stage and that's it I reckon. I'd lay Sandilands all day long as he doesn't poll that well. Only 2 possessions in 2nd half on weekend so no chance of votes. I'd also risk Barlow being a first year player and wouldn't worry about the hype too much. Even if he has started well he will soon face some strong tags. Let's see how he goes against Kirk, Jones, Kornes and Ling and co !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good points there BK. Regarding Barlow he has already copped the Ling and Jones tags which did effect him to some extent but he still managed to muster 17 and 28 possessions respectively. I thought his effort against the Saints with the Jones tag was terrific given the form Jones has been in this year tagging wise.

Yeah barlow battled against the yukky pink pig ling. Judd is hungry and Carlton look to be travelling good $7.50 is great!

Some good points there BK. Regarding Barlow he has already copped the Ling and Jones tags which did effect him to some extent but he still managed to muster 17 and 28 possessions respectively. I thought his effort against the Saints with the Jones tag was terrific given the form Jones has been in this year tagging wise.
Yeah I typed the taggers names without thinking of who they had played. The point is that now that the good clubs are aware of who he is it will be interesting to see how he goes if he cops hard tags.

Scott Thompson from crows at $14 for most votes is my best bet prior to rd7

umpires love him and he has polled 3 votes on 2/3 occasions against the tigers in last 2 years

Vince might have 1 vote but that's about it

it's a two horse race IMO

do yourself a favour and get on him

Scott Thompson from crows at $14 for most votes is my best bet prior to rd7

umpires love him and he has polled 3 votes on 2/3 occasions against the tigers in last 2 years

Vince might have 1 vote but that's about it

it's a two horse race IMO

do yourself a favour and get on him

What betting agency is that through? Those odds are ridiculous.

Centrebet - they are always reactive with the odds..hence the value

I'm putting $30 down

I forgot to mention porps seems to poll okay and also might challange but I doubt he will have enough oppertunity to get then this year

No worries

also how the hell is tuck 3.25 fav for tigers

not 1 tiger would have a vote

Lids @ $5 is very good

if they win it will most likely because of a superhuman effort from him

Martin could also suprise at $31 - he could have a few blinders like rich did last year and walk it in.

In saying that if they loose everygame by 40+ like they have relton Roberts could win with 40 man draw

From Centrebet:

Judd is $1.80 which is amazing really. I don't like betting with so many games left however.

Rodan at port is $8 which is great, I might get on that soon.

Joel Mcdonald $14 at Melbourne.

Wells is $6 for North.

As mentioned, Adelaide and Richmond have very little votes (I have 2 votes total for the crows and none for the tigers) so watch out for any standout games where the tigers lose by < 40. ;)

Long time reader of this thread (the only one I bother on Big Footy) but first time poster.

Extraordinary value on Scott Thompson. If he blitzes Richmond, he will be paying $4 on Monday.

The Richmond market is interesting, too. Martin is supreme value. May have snagged 1 or 2 votes already and would therefore be topping Richmond's count.

I like Pendlebury at 5.25 and Wells at 6.

Thanks to all those who contributed to this thread last year. Made a stack but Deledio cost me 15k in lost multiples. Gotta be wary of the crap teams. And, of course, Collingwood, so I am hesitant on going large on Pendles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back