Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

Centrebet - they are always reactive with the odds..hence the value

I'm putting $30 down

I forgot to mention porps seems to poll okay and also might challange but I doubt he will have enough oppertunity to get then this year

Nice pickup there Stuzi. :thumbsu:

In regards to Centrebet, when you sign up do you need to supply a copy of your credit card, or are you able to deposit bets via PayPal? And do you need to send off any identification details or do they verify online?

Also, just on the value they are offering; A. Swallow is massive value at $15 for the Kangas, who I currently have 2 votes ahead of the next best in Wells. Obviously being so early into the season it could go either way, but still very decent. Wells is also decent value at $6 as well.

Judd at $1.80 looks a no brainer at this stage, but only value if Centrebet allow you to multi him with another player who is offering value at long odds.

Others speculative picks I like at this stage are: Pendlebury ($5.25), Hayes ($6).

Thompson may poll umpires love him 4 frees for

certainly a good bet tho he had heavy tag and still found it

Nice pickup there Stuzi. :thumbsu:

In regards to Centrebet, when you sign up do you need to supply a copy of your credit card, or are you able to deposit bets via PayPal? And do you need to send off any identification details or do they verify online?

Also, just on the value they are offering; A. Swallow is massive value at $15 for the Kangas, who I currently have 2 votes ahead of the next best in Wells. Obviously being so early into the season it could go either way, but still very decent. Wells is also decent value at $6 as well.

Judd at $1.80 looks a no brainer at this stage, but only value if Centrebet allow you to multi him with another player who is offering value at long odds.

Others speculative picks I like at this stage are: Pendlebury ($5.25), Hayes ($6).

im pretty sure you need a copy of ur CC and the identification was done at post office

No paypal but you can do bank transfers

I'll have to think about swallow...might get on him soon

harvey is massive risk tho with 1 BOG and a few other potentials

7 rounds down.

12 - Ablett
11 - Barlow
8 - Sandilands
8 - Swan
8 - Judd
7 - Watson
7 - Bradshaw
7 - Pendlebury
7 - Pavlich
6 - Riewoldt, Hodge, Harvey, Brennan, Wells, Gilbert

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I found last night's game tough to vote.

I am sure that Judd will poll and was surprised that the Melb press didn't rate his game at all. I reckon that he will get 1 or 2 and that the other 2 players to poll will come from Carrazzo, Betts, Garlett and Russell. None of those guys are traditional good pollers and therefore I reckon that Judd could get anywhere from 1-3.

Do others have Judd in their votes for last nite ?

My current leader board after R7 is :

Ablett 12
Judd 9
Barlow 9
Swan 8
Watson 8
Brown 7
Sandilands 7
Goodes 6
Pavlich 6
Hodge 6
Wells 6

Gee I found last night's game tough to vote.

I am sure that Judd will poll and was surprised that the Melb press didn't rate his game at all. I reckon that he will get 1 or 2 and that the other 2 players to poll will come from Carrazzo, Betts, Garlett and Russell. None of those guys are traditional good pollers and therefore I reckon that Judd could get anywhere from 1-3.

Do others have Judd in their votes for last nite ?

My current leader board after R7 is :

Ablett 12
Judd 9
Barlow 9
Swan 8
Watson 8
Brown 7
Sandilands 7
Goodes 6
Pavlich 6
Hodge 6
Wells 6
I had Russell, Garlett & Carrazzo ahead of Judd. Even though he had a good game, I thought he was nowhere near as good as some people would have you think. But he will probably get the 3 votes, knowing his past history with polling.

I gave the 1 to Judd BK.
Thanks, I know that I live in fairy land but there is some very rough chance that Judd has had 4 lots of 3 votes in his 4 games. I'd say that he will poll for sure in all 4 games and is great value at $8. $30 into Geel for the flag.
As I posted last week, Carl have a great draw coming up and will win about 6 or 7 of their next 8/9. Judd is moving better than the last 2 years.
It's a simple 2 horse race IMO - Ablett and Judd and hardly anyone else is a chance this year.

I wouldn't rule out Pavlich either. If he keeps playing the midfield/forward role he could poll well, as long as Freo keep winning. Goodes should have his usual brilliant second half of a season but he might have to play in the middle more.

Agreed AG. If he had kicked 6 or 7 goals on Saturday night which he should have (3 goals 4 behinds, 1 touched on the line), he would have gotten the 3 votes for mine. He has a a good record of polling 3's.

3. Russell
2. Betts
1. Judd

Russel got ALOT of cheap ball just chipping around the backline. I wouldnt think the umpires would reward this with votes.

IMO, last nights votes would be out of

Judd
Betts/Carazzo
Betts/Carazzo/Hayes/Waite

Judd was awesome around the clearances and with his history of polling i can't see why he wouldnt get the 3 in a game where he played above average. Hayes was also great around the clearances and i think may sneak 1.

Edit:
Could probably also add Waite in as a chance due to his awesome first quarter which set the tone IMO.

Agreed AG. If he had kicked 6 or 7 goals on Saturday night which he should have (3 goals 4 behinds, 1 touched on the line), he would have gotten the 3 votes for mine. He has a a good record of polling 3's.
Agreed as well. I gave him 1 on Sat night but it could easily be 2 or 3. My old mate S Black will be in for votes in that game.
Pav polls v well and they are winning more this year. He had a blinder in R3 vs Geel and should get 3 there and then Sat night's game was his next best this year, with a 1 vote game vs WC the previous week. He has had other OK games but tough to chalk in other votes so far.
A solid bet to win most votes at WC but not to topple the 2 favs at this stage.

Went Russell, Garlett, Judd. Agree Judd could get 2-3.

Carazzo was amazing, but might not poll, did his job well.

Has anyone looked at performances in the last quarter affecting votes?

i haven't researched it, but i've found that watching the games myself, the last quarters do tend to stick in your mind and have a big impact on you when deciding on votes.
and off the top of my head, andrew lovett's last quarter on anzac day last year got him votes, also i think a good last quarter by nahas last year (against port maybe) got him votes too.

Is anyone else worried that the bookies may not allow multis on the brownlow in most team votes categories this year?

From what i understand, the bookies got cleaned up last year and sportsbet stopped allowing multis about a week out from brownlow night. On top of this, centrebet have the market out at the moment but aren't allowing multis. No other bookies that i know of have the market out yet.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back