4. Scott Pendlebury (8)
5. Chris Judd (8)
6. Aaron Sandilands (7)
7. Matthew Pavlich (7)
8. Dane Swan (7)
9. Jonathon Brown (6)
10. Heath Shaw (6)

Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

I was at the Carlton game and as much as Juddy was good it was clear he was going H2H with Lenny and Lenny probably beat him, was the only Saint that did anything in the midfield. Juddy was good but not as good as JR Garlett Carrats for me.

I was at the Carlton game and as much as Juddy was good it was clear he was going H2H with Lenny and Lenny probably beat him, was the only Saint that did anything in the midfield. Juddy was good but not as good as JR Garlett Carrats for me.

Just curious but why would a tigers supporter go to this game?

I agree but Judd gets votes because he winks at the umpires

Is anyone else worried that the bookies may not allow multis on the brownlow in most team votes categories this year?

From what i understand, the bookies got cleaned up last year and sportsbet stopped allowing multis about a week out from brownlow night. On top of this, centrebet have the market out at the moment but aren't allowing multis. No other bookies that i know of have the market out yet.

Thoughts?

At this stage TAB aren't allowing Team multi's either.

Not sure to be honest, I only joined the 2009 equivalent to this thread late in the season last year.

This is the email i got from Centrebet today. Its amazing how a few of us took them to the cleaners last year and now they decide to change the rules...

Thank you for your email.

The Brownlow Medal 2010 betting is singles only.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us
again.

Kind regards,

Ben
Centrebet

Contact Details:

PO Box 1462
Alice Springs NT 0871
Australia

Tel + 61 8 8955 5800
Fax + 61 8 8955 5750
Email: centrebet@centrebet.com

Hey Guys
Myself and a mate cleaned up last year from doing our own votes and also with a little bit of extra advice from BK and Aussie Gun. We also watch every game every week. Here is where we are at the completion of round 7

Ablett. G 10
Barlow 10
Pavlich 9
Sandilands 9
Wells 8
Bradshaw 7
Brown. J 7
Judd 7
O'Keefe 7
Watson 7
Bartel 6
Chapman 6
Harvey 6
Pendlebury 6
Riewoldt 6
Brennan 5
Giansiracusa 5
Goddard 5
Goodwin 5
Hayes 5
Jack 5
Ricschitelli 5
Shaw 5
Swan 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think TAB have the market even for singles, though i think they may be the only bookie this year, if any, to allow multi's in this market.

I just logged into my ACTTAB account and you can definitely place single bets on top vote getter for each team. That said, being in Canberra I'd always assumed ACTTAB was just the Canberra branch of Tabcorp ... but it looks like they pretty much act independently. Last year I had the same odds in the team multi's as TAB but was offered different groups (i.e when they pick 5 players who they think will score similarly)

Edit: This (http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...o-the-future-with-centrebet-deal/1436780.aspx) might explain it. ACTTAB appears to now be linked with centrebet rather than Tabcorp, so I must be looking at the centrebet odds you mentioned earlier.

Let's just hope tabcorp offer multi's.

Round 7:

Western Bulldogs V Melbourne:
3. T. Scully
2. D. Giansiracusa
1. S. Higgins

Essendon V Port Adelaide:
3. D. Pearce
2. D. Rodan
1. A. Monfries

West Coast V Hawthorn:
3. J. Kennedy
2. M. LeCras
1. J. Lewis

Collingwood V North Melbourne:
3. D. Swan
2. L. Ball
1. S. Sidebottom

Brisbane V Fremantle:
3. S. Hill
2. S. Black
1. M. Pavlich

Geelong V Sydney:
3. G. Ablett
2. J. Selwood
1. J. Podsiadly

Adelaide V Richmond:
3. A. McLeod
2. G. Johncock
1. S. Goodwin

St. Kilda V Carlton:
3. J. Russell
2. J. Garlett
1. C. Judd

Top 10 Leaderboard:
14 - G. Ablett (+)
10 - M. Barlow
9 - C. Judd (+)
8 - A. Sandilands (-)
7 - S. Pendlebury
7 - J. Brennan*
7 - L. Hayes
7 - R. O'Keefe
6 - D. Swan (+)
6 - M. Pavlich (+)

Full write up and discussion at www.brownlowtalk.blogspot.com :thumbsu:

Count post Round 7:

11 - Ablett
10 - Barlow
8 - Brown
7 - Sandilands, Pendlebury, Swan,
6- Riewoldt, Bartel, Murphy, Montagna, O'Keefe, Moloney, Watson, Pavlich.

Interesting club leaders: NicNat, Gia, Pearce, Moloney.

One of the surest bets this year will be Naitanui to win West Coast's votes. I thought it was a bit of a joke at the start of this year, but the guy will poll massively over his career IMO, regardless of his influence on the game.

Count post Round 7:

11 - Ablett
10 - Barlow
8 - Brown
7 - Sandilands, Pendlebury, Swan,
6- Riewoldt, Bartel, Murphy, Montagna, O'Keefe, Moloney, Watson, Pavlich.

Interesting club leaders: NicNat, Gia, Pearce, Moloney.

One of the surest bets this year will be Naitanui to win West Coast's votes. I thought it was a bit of a joke at the start of this year, but the guy will poll massively over his career IMO, regardless of his influence on the game.

i think he probably will win WC, i'd just be watching for two other players aswell though, priddis and LeCras (if he can kick a couple of bags)

How many do you have Naitanui on, I have him on 2 votes. Can't really see him polling in Saturdays win against the hawks, and he hasn't done enough in any of the losses to win. He was good aginast the bombers and will get votes there I'd say. I still like LeCras for leading vote getting at the Hawks and Ebert as a smokey.

I don't think TAB have the market even for singles, though i think they may be the only bookie this year, if any, to allow multi's in this market.
I know the full history of multis as I've punted on the Brownlow for over 10 years.
Iasbet ( Mark Read ) allowed multis on player head to heads and other options in 1998. I cleaned them up and won over $50k ( outlayed around $700 ) which was a lot back then. Most other operators allowed mutis on Brownlow - Premiership and that was about all they bet on back then in relation to the Brownlow.
The year after Iasbet stopped multis on anything to do with the Brownlow. Other agencies still allowed multis into the flag but that was it. The TAB were useless and never allowed multis on anything.
I cleaned up Sportingbet and other big agencies on Brownlow - Flag bets in most years thru the 2000's. Sportingbet stopped multis on even the Brownlow - Flag after I cleaned them up a few times and of the other operators some allowed them and some didn't.
The TAB became far more aggressive a few years back and started allowing multi's on anything, including Brownlow options. It was correctly pointed out that they only brought out team vote options around round 16/17 last year so we will need to wait to see what they do. I am quite confident that they will allow multis that we all got on last year.
I was very surprised to see Centrebet allowing multis on the team votes early on last year. We all cleaned them up so no surprise that they won't allow multis this year. They are still allowing brownlow winner - flag which is good. Judd - Geelong / Collingwood the go for mine at the value right now.
So we will have to wait and see about the TAB but they make squillions and are the leaders now by being the first to bring out their market every week. We should be right so keep doing your homework !

How many do you have Naitanui on, I have him on 2 votes. Can't really see him polling in Saturdays win against the hawks, and he hasn't done enough in any of the losses to win. He was good aginast the bombers and will get votes there I'd say. I still like LeCras for leading vote getting at the Hawks and Ebert as a smokey.

I have him on 5, as I said, he doesn't really have to do much, I think the nature of his game will see him poll anyway. He is involved in every way at stoppages (hit-outs, following it up, clearances, tackles), and the majority of his possessions are contested and he doesn't back-chat. Where some players will have to battle it out all day to be in the umps' sights, I think NicNat can turn it on for 15-20 mins and pick up 3 votes quite easily. Only exposed brownlow form is him picking up a vote for an 8-possession, 3-goal game against Hawthorn last year. Time will tell obviously.

Round 8
Fremantle V Collingwood:
3. Travis Cloke
2. Michael Barlow
1. Dane Swan

Western Bulldogs V Sydney:
3. Brian Lake
2. Barry Hall
1. Adam Cooney

Melbourne V West Coast:
3. Matt Priddis
2. Dean Cox
1. James McDonald

Brisbane V Geelong:
3. Steve Johnson
2. Joel Selwood
1. Tom Hawkins

North Melbourne V Adelaide:
3. Andrew Swallow
2. Todd Goldstein
1. Brady Rawlings

Richmond V Hawthorn:
3. Luke Hodge
2. Brett Deledio
1. Cyril Rioli

Port Adelaide V Carlton:
3. Kade Simpson
2. Chris Judd
1. Matthew Kreuzer

St. Kilda V Essendon:
3. David Hille
2. Heath Hocking
1. Nick Dal Santo

Leaderboard:
1. Michael Barlow (12)
2. Gary Ablett (11)
3. Chris Judd (10)
4. Daniel Wells (8)
5. Scott Pendlebury (8)
6. Dane Swan (8)
7. Aaron Sandilands (7)
8. Matthew Pavlich (7)
9. Jonathon Brown (6)
10. Luke Hodge (6)

Sorry but I don't agree on Barlow for 2.If any Dockers player was gonna get a vote it would be Sandilands. I would say:
3. Cloke
2. Swan
1. Sandilands

I think this love for Barlow is getting a bit overboard.Yes he's a good player but not so sure why everyone goes stupid when he either gets the ball or goes near it.

G Ablett 12
C Judd 11
M Pavlich 11
M Barlow 10
B Harvey 8
J Brown, A Sandilands, D Wells, D Rodan, L Hayes 7

Judd climbing up there, can you believe he's missed 3 games!? :eek:

Sorry but I don't agree on Barlow for 2.If any Dockers player was gonna get a vote it would be Sandilands. I would say:
3. Cloke
2. Swan
1. Sandilands

I think this love for Barlow is getting a bit overboard.Yes he's a good player but not so sure why everyone goes stupid when he either gets the ball or go nears it.

Sort of agree here, I went 3. Cloke 2. Swan 1. Pendlebury ( could have given it to Ball but I've given it to Ball in the weeks before so Pendles gets the nod ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back