Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe him, it's all about what the bookies are willing to risk. I hit a few multis in at both the TAB and Centrebet last year that wound the odds right in and/or stopped betting on the market altogether. Plus if anyone here has been a regular over the last few years BK has stopped betting completely at times, including all pendlebury and collingwood multis if i remember correctly.

Pretty sure he stopped betting with Hayes,Selwood and Pendlebury premiership combinations as i wasnt able to put down a few of those combinations last season.

Dont worry CamTinley thats just classic twarby, loves to just sit back and snipe other peoples opinions. Also those bets on Krakouer are enough to bring in the odds

Of course they are, they knocked back my $100 bet at 600/1 and only allowed me $50 and then shortened him to 200/1 instantly, I then took $50 at 150/1 for the place, as they were a little slow to move that too...

Krak will not win. This is just my opinion but, Swan, Pendles, Thomas will all take the majority of votes. Then players that can "turn" it on will pipe in for votes aswell. Didak, Jolly. Krak isnt even certain to play every game as Collingwood have so much depth he will always be fighting to keep his spot. And while it doesnt change his footy he has also been in jail for assault. could be in the back of umpires minds (just like Goddard always mouthing off)

I rarely if ever talk about you, no i dont think Krakouer can win the medal but i doubt anyone gave Barlow a chance before round 1 either so its not impossible and i was more saying the fact you thought he was being stupid thinking he had brought the odds in with his bets, bets to win $30,000 will always bring the odds in.
You snipe any call you dont agree with, when i backed N riewoldt at 51s you had a big go at me telling me i have no idea about brownlow betting, Can you get 51s anymore??

Sorry Doc, but I'd be with Twarby on that one. Roo would be way down the pecking order for mine, and I wouldn't be taking him at 101s, let alone 51s. Key forwards (the last being Lockett, who was something else) just don't win the Charlie, though I'd be happy for him to win it.

He doesnt need to win for it to be a good bet, just shorten in the market then lay off. There can only be one eventual winner so the majority of people are going to be wrong anyway. Also players like J Brown, Riewoldt and Richardson do poll well because they push up the ground a lot and get plenty of touches

Sorry Doc, but I'd be with Twarby on that one. Roo would be way down the pecking order for mine, and I wouldn't be taking him at 101s, let alone 51s. Key forwards (the last being Lockett, who was something else) just don't win the Charlie, though I'd be happy for him to win it.

To be fair, he was off to one hell of a start last season and he got the votes. Would have definitely been a threat to win St Kilda's at the very least, before he got injured.

It's just that he plays with Sir Lenny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rate Riewoldt and Franklin (barring suspension) as the only chances at the Brownlow as a key forward. But I'd be leaning towards Franklin, been hearing some very good things about him, he just needs to keep his elbows down and his shoulders out of other people's heads... I'm still happy with where I sit on Riewoldt, could be a good lay bet (what little I know about lay betting...)

You snipe any call you dont agree with, when i backed N riewoldt at 51s you had a big go at me telling me i have no idea about brownlow betting, Can you get 51s anymore??

this is what you said
Nick Riewoldt will be my main bet before the season. Great player, always in the action and umpires love him more than any other player

i replied saying you had no idea if this was your main bet, and i stand by that, with all his off field issues, along with other stuff not out in the public yet, it is not a good bet

this is what you said
Nick Riewoldt will be my main bet before the season. Great player, always in the action and umpires love him more than any other player

i replied saying you had no idea if this was your main bet, and i stand by that, with all his off field issues, along with other stuff not out in the public yet, it is not a good bet

Who do you think will win and why?

Steve Johnson.

After watching the NAB cup yesterday and seeing him play in the midfield, and dominate from what I saw. A few things went through my head. He is good enough to win the medal in the midfield, flashy player which whom will be rested in the forward line where he knows where the goals are, I think kicking goals is very important in winning the medal. On the other hand if he plays in the midfield, probably being more damaging that Selwood or Bartel, he might cop the tag and release a Selwood or Bartel. I think assuming Stevie J stays in the midfield its good for all us punters.

Steve Johnson.

After watching the NAB cup yesterday and seeing him play in the midfield, and dominate from what I saw. A few things went through my head. He is good enough to win the medal in the midfield, flashy player which whom will be rested in the forward line where he knows where the goals are, I think kicking goals is very important in winning the medal. On the other hand if he plays in the midfield, probably being more damaging that Selwood or Bartel, he might cop the tag and release a Selwood or Bartel. I think assuming Stevie J stays in the midfield its good for all us punters.

Hasn't got a great polling history (past indiscretions playing a part maybe, could also just be the calibre of players down at the Cattery) and isn't what you would call durable.

I wouldn't say it's good for all punters either, SJ playing a more prominent role in the midfield could potentially take votes away from Selwood and Bartel.

Hasn't got a great polling history (past indiscretions playing a part maybe, could also just be the calibre of players down at the Cattery) and isn't what you would call durable.

I wouldn't say it's good for all punters either, SJ playing a more prominent role in the midfield could potentially take votes away from Selwood and Bartel.

To be honest I didn't do any research before posting that. Not too surprised with his polling history, many of his goals could of been rewarded to the good work in the midfield.

I just think that Geelong are going to win a lot of games with only a couple of real chances for the medal (Selwood, Bartel, Johnson). If you can get on the one that has the best season you should do alright. I would put money on one of them finishing top5 atleast.

Krakouer's price has come in due to two bets, both from people who have posted on this thread. One $50 bet @$601 brought him in to $201. My $50 bet @$201 brought him into $126 and then probably my other bets brought him into $101. The bookies haven't orchestrated anything.

I just cant see him winning the Brownlow. Its a better bet to get on him for the team votes. The pies are to even across the board so several players will pick up votes for their team, therefore putting a dint in the outright Brownlow win.
Pendlebury or Swan will have more of a chance than your man IMO

To be honest I didn't do any research before posting that. Not too surprised with his polling history, many of his goals could of been rewarded to the good work in the midfield.

I just think that Geelong are going to win a lot of games with only a couple of real chances for the medal (Selwood, Bartel, Johnson). If you can get on the one that has the best season you should do alright. I would put money on one of them finishing top5 atleast.

I see what your saying, if Jonhson plays midfield, those three (with perhaps Chappy) are the most likely to win/do well at Geelong and if all play full seasons, they will take a large percentage of the Geelong vote. But I'm resisting the temptation of the larger odds in Jimmy and co, Selwood I believe will be the one to benefit most from the departure of Garry. Selwood is very durable who is much more likely to play a full season as opposed to SJ and especially Chappy. Jimmy rarely misses a game either, but I'll back Selwood to poll better than him, especially given that Jimmy may play forward and back this season (due to his exceptional overhead abilities) whereas Selwood is a pure midfielder. Selwood is the bloke you want to be on from Geelong IMO.

I see what your saying, if Jonhson plays midfield, those three (with perhaps Chappy) are the most likely to win/do well at Geelong and if all play full seasons, they will take a large percentage of the Geelong vote. But I'm resisting the temptation of the larger odds in Jimmy and co, Selwood I believe will be the one to benefit most from the departure of Garry. Selwood is very durable who is much more likely to play a full season as opposed to SJ and especially Chappy. Jimmy rarely misses a game either, but I'll back Selwood to poll better than him, especially given that Jimmy may play forward and back this season (due to his exceptional overhead abilities) whereas Selwood is a pure midfielder. Selwood is the bloke you want to be on from Geelong IMO.

This man knows what he is talking about.

Selwood is my Geelong favourite, SJ isn't a bad roughie, but imo Pods is the best dark horse at Geelong.

Hear, hear. Very nicely put :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back