Bryce Gibbs v Cyril Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no need for this kind of bias on this board.

Now that's a definition of irony. You accuse MS, who is a genius compared to you biased? That's rich.

To describe Rioli as a player in the mould of Eddie Betts and Aaron Davey is clearly misleading.

Is it? He is a in the similar mould, SF/HFF who rotates into the middle, and Davey often plays middle. Anyway, you're the one making poor comparisons so this is PKB. A number of impartial posters have said that. Do you want me to drag them up?

Who can forget the way Jimmy Plunkett burst onto the scene for a year? :rolleyes:

Exactly! Players who have one good season mean zilch! Thanks for proving the blues fan's main point! Deledio had as good a season as Rioli (he won the rising star folks) yet are tigers fans using that as an excuse to pump up his tires? No, we waited until he did something, this year, when he averaged 25 touches and a goal a game this year.

Should we compare him to Gibbs and say that Bryce has only a year or two left at AFL Level? Of course not. These comparisons can be made, but they are all unwarranted. Rioli has too much class and all-round ability, not to mention pedigree, to be the next Aaron Davey or Eddie Betts.

Speaking of comparisons your comparison is completely unwarranted, they're completely different players.

Oh and you still haven't put up a decent argument for why Rioli is better than Gibbs, other than "teh blues fans think Gibbs is good, but he's a squib! Lulz!"

That's not an argument, that's an excuse to point and laugh. How come bigfooty calls you a troll? How come no-one likes you on the soccer board? This may seem personal mods but this guy is a troll and it has to be pointed out how many people acknowledge this.

Answer me this: Gibbs has similar figures to Selwood, I guess he's no good either?

Gibbs is very young, you think you know what players can and will do in 10 years time? If so, do tell us soothsayer, lottery numbers please?

Gibbs was rated highly by pretty much every recruiter and has got high praise by many critics. Yet you know more about them? Do tell us, how do you rate this year's crop of kids?

You think Gibbs is just an accumulator, yet Gibbs is a known goal kicking midfielder. Now I don't know about you, but stats which include GOALS don't seem to be just "stats" to me. Neither do stats which illustrate the lack of possessions to opponents.

Fact is, both clubs should be happy with what they've got, a club can't have every good player and both look to be 200+ game players. Why you'd spend all this time arguing "oh, but mine is better" especially when they are incomparable, is anyone's guess.

Nice post Richo, will probably have a bit too much balance for podgey and some hawks in this thread though.

The fact remains that everything Gibbs does, Rioli can do just as well, so don't let inflated number of possessions or Numnber 1 draft pick hype sway you. Rioli will be an absolute gem, and I look forward to watching his development.

Watch much footy?! :eek:

There are things Gibbs does that Rioli cannot. There are things Rioli does that Gibbs cannot. Obviously!! :rolleyes:

Christ, Rioli will be a gun - all you hawkers having a go, understand - people are paying out on the thread and this dud comparison from an obvious troll with established form, not Rioli. As someone else already said, what the hell is this still doing on the main board anyway?

If you want to have a go at anyone have a go at podgey, he is an embarrasment to any level-headed Hawthorn supporter.

If you bother to read neutral supporters comments they generally would rather have Gibbs.
Yes, and alot of these neutral supporters go on the fact that Gibbs is a Number 1 pick who is performing well, and completely overlook Rioli's preformances based on that alone.
Bigfooty isn't exactly bereft of teenagers who like hype over substance either.

Heaven forbid a pick 12 being better now or in the future!

It just couldn't be, could it. :rolleyes:

Nice post Richo, will probably have a bit too much balance for podgey and some hawks in this thread though.

Watch much footy?! :eek:

There are things Gibbs does that Rioli cannot. There are things Rioli does that Gibbs cannot. Obviously!! :rolleyes:

Christ, Rioli will be a gun - all you hawkers having a go, understand - people are paying out on the thread and this dud comparison from an obvious troll with established form, not Rioli. As someone else already said, what the hell is this still doing on the main board anyway?

If you want to have a go at anyone have a go at podgey, he is an embarrasment to any level-headed Hawthorn supporter.

Exactly, I'd love both at tigerland. Both are at different stages of development, both are different players, and are in different teams. Lets see what Yarran does as well next year, that will be a better comparison to Rioli. Lets compare apples and apples please.

Yes, and alot of these neutral supporters go on the fact that Gibbs is a Number 1 pick who is performing well, and completely overlook Rioli's preformances based on that alone.

It could well be that they think Gibbs has more runs on the board, or plays what they see as a tougher position. I don't know, ask them. I hardly see this as clearcut as hodgyknob is painting it as, Gibbs has had some very good games this year and certainly can stand as a very promising prospect on his own. Deledio got called soft, a flanker, weak, not a midfielder etc until his 4th year, Gibbs is entering his 4th year, we'll see. To say that we know who is better, or who will be better is ridiculous.

I don't think anyone is mentioning number 1 except some Hawks.
Carlton people have acknowledged Rioli as a gun & are not saying Gibbs must be better because he is no 1.
They are very different players & i am very happy we have Gibbs. My personal 7 biased opinion is Gibbs but I would be very happy if Rioli was at Carlton. Rioli would be a great fit in our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryce Gibbs v Cyril Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back