Bucks's Toughest 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't argue with any of those on the list there, good job by Buckley and a good article. Lenny Hayes was unlucky to miss out though.

Why does everyone think Pratt is tough. He went down like a sack of spuds when Lewis gave him a love tap. Then against Geelong he gets his colours lowered in the first quarter and then tries to start a melee at quarter time. He's one of those players that thinks roughing up opponents is toughness.

He dislocated his shoulder during the early part of the game, had it popped back in and then runs straight to the backline to park himself in front of Mooneys lead space.

Weak as piss hey?:eek:

lol at anyone doubting michael wilsons place, he is the definition of warrior. The next guy to watch out for at port is tommy logan, he will be making all of these tough lists in a few years. some of his attacks on the ball are amazing to watch. i have just shaken my head a couple of times this year when he has done it.

I think that Thomas the tank engine might have something to say about that ;)

And then Mooney kicked 4 goals after that.

And how's that relevant?

He wasn't Cam's direct opponent and if you actually read my post it was said that he parked himself in Mooneys lead space. BTW if you look at Mooneys goals he actually kicked 5 from handball recieves.

Most blokes wouldn't even come back on let alone chuck themselves into the hot spot of a renowned hard nut.

You must be all kidding yourselves. J Brown first daylight second. I am sure the Dawks remember his mark of the year when he went head first and wiped out 3 or 4 in his way. 6ft 5 105+ kg, there is no peer. If Brown was going for a mark in his customary way flight of the ball and Kirk was standing there, Kirk would be KO'd. As tough as Hall thinks he is it is strange that he has never gone to stand toe to toe with Brown or play in his vicinity. What a joke all those 6 footers in front of Brown. Figures - article has been penned by one of the greatest recievers the game has ever seen who relied on people like Burns to get in and under.

You must be all kidding yourselves. J Brown first daylight second. I am sure the Dawks remember his mark of the year when he went head first and wiped out 3 or 4 in his way. 6ft 5 105+ kg, there is no peer. If Brown was going for a mark in his customary way flight of the ball and Kirk was standing there, Kirk would be KO'd. As tough as Hall thinks he is it is strange that he has never gone to stand toe to toe with Brown or play in his vicinity. What a joke all those 6 footers in front of Brown. Figures - article has been penned by one of the greatest recievers the game has ever seen who relied on people like Burns to get in and under.

It's all about players who dish it out physically and can cope with pain.
Brown does neither.
Used to snipe smaller blokes and went off last week with a broken leg, by the way he carried on... only to return 15 minutes later.
Goes missing when the tough gets going.
Plays well when the team does...and loves it.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/buckleys-toughest-10/2008/06/06/1212259116578.html

Top 10 toughest players in the league according to Bucks:

1. Brett Kirk (Sydney)
2. Luke Hodge (Hawthorn)
3. Scott Burns (Collingwood)
4. Brad Sewell (Hawthorn)
5. Jonathan Brown (Brisbane)
6. Luke Ball (St Kilda)
7. Michael Wilson (Port Adelaide)
8. Cameron Ling (Geelong)
9. James McDonald (Melbourne)
10. Barry Hall (Sydney)

Spot on I think.

Coming close would have to be: James Bartel (Geelong), Chris Judd (Carlton), Daniel Kerr (West Coast), Craig Bolton (Sydney), Campbell Brown (Hawthorn), Daniel Pratt (Kangaroos), Nathan Jones (Melbourne), Lenny Hayes (St Kilda)

Thoughts?

Pretty much spot on, bucks writes a lot of quality articles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i can't believe anyone could question Michael Wilson's toughness.

I am amazed how consistently he plays hard footy while injured. And his influence on Port's hardness is undeniable.
It's ok, he's from Crowalona.

No doubts about Ling's toughness and obviously Buckley is well informed as Ling used to tag him a few years back, however I would have to argue that Chappy, Bartel and Scarlett are tougher than Ling IMO, Chappy is toughness personified

I dunno, Chappy always reminds me of a bloke with small man syndrome :p I think Lingy is a deserving nominee, how many times has he copped a big hit and just jumped back straight up and got on with things? How about vs Sydney when he hurt his ankle and kept playing?

Figures - article has been penned by one of the greatest recievers the game has ever seen who relied on people like Burns to get in and under.

Wrong. Just wrong. Sheesh, still can't believe actually thing this, boggles the mind.

Maybe you should read the article and take a look at the criteria in which the players were selected before having a sook. And as for Barry Hall not playing in Browns vicinity...... I honestly lol'ed because you clearly have no idea. You don't even know what positions these guys play in. :eek:

It's already been mentioned, but I feel compelled to reply to this... J Brown is a fearsome tank of a man, no question. However, you either didn't read the article in full, where Bucks clearly and carefully outlined the criteria he uses to define "toughness". Or you did read it and failed utterly to understand it. Your loss, as I thought the article itself was far more interesting than the list.

And it's also probably worth pointing out (again) that Buckley's list was NOT in order.

Would've thought Scott Thompson was a chance of getting on the list. Leads our club in hard-ball gets and tackles and is turning the corner from reckless to tough.

Glad to hear Junior McDonald isn't getting any complaints:thumbsu:

Consistently up there with the most tackles in the league and knows no other way than 'head first', what a champion. Fitting he was honored last night at our 150th year celebrations

your a clown mate.

Riewoldt took a mark exactly like that he actually made contact with the pack.

I'm not saying Riewoldt should be on that list but just because someone takes a courages mark it don't mean they should be the toughest player in the AFL.

I dunno, Chappy always reminds me of a bloke with small man syndrome :p I think Lingy is a deserving nominee, how many times has he copped a big hit and just jumped back straight up and got on with things? How about vs Sydney when he hurt his ankle and kept playing?

Yea he's definitely an angry man :) still tough tho.. I love watching Lingy take a whack, acts as tho he's bout to die and gets everyone worried then hes back to normal at the next contest like nothing happened haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Bucks's Toughest 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back