Buddy's developing place on the All-Time Ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Wont be checking in on this thread anymore. There goes mo Monday morning routine.
Thanks for maintaining this was great to see the big Bud rise up the ranks. Top 5 all-time Hawks is a great acheievment - anything after that?
Just not interested anymore.....

I sure as hell don't want to put the mockers on the boys but.... would it be a fair prediction to say that if, after Saturday's game, Pav has retaken the lead ahead of Buddy then we'll most likely all be crying into our beers because we would have lost. o_O

Also, it may well be Bud's last game in the Brown and Gold. :( If so - let's hope he goes out all guns blazing and a dual-premiership player!!! :thumbsu:

Sorry to be a knob and quote myself, but I am pleased to note that my above prediction was not forthcoming! Kind of poetic justice that Bud does NOT finish the year as the highest ranked current player. Maybe Brown and Rriewoldt will also overtake him again in 2014? As the situation stands now I bitterly hope so. :cool:

FWIW, I too reckon this thread should be locked sometime soon and replaced with one that covers hawthorn players. :thumbsu:

I started this thread as an idealistic young man enjoying the feats of an emerging champion, anticipating his rise into the strosphere as a high flying Hawk.

Now, a little older, the realities of the system and life have sunk in and we have to accept that this chapter (and therefore the thread) of Hawthorn history has closed.

Whilst the bitterness is fresh, it is hard to well wish and reflect warmly but we have all been blessed by 182 games and 580 goals of a unique Hawthorn talent. He has helped deliver two premierships and many memorable moments for us Hawk fans (for which we should be all be thankful), picking up 4 All Australians, 2 Colemans and a Peter Crimmins in the process.

He departs as the 5th highest goal kicker in our history and can be remembered as such. Anything achieved from here is irrelevent in our hearts and minds - for us (ALWAYS HAWTHORN), the strory ends here.

Well said Guardian. Nothing stays the same, especially in modern football. Let's enjoy what we had, and move on, in eager anticipation of new Hawks legends in the making.

If I might add, it's been interesting to see the responses to the 'Buddy moving on' saga, both on this thread and others. A lot of people acting like jilted lovers, when really they need to realise the game has changed and more players across the league will move on in future years. It's not an amateur league anymore folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, in comparison with some others who have served the club, Franklin hasn't done enough to deserve that accolade. This thread needs to be locked.

Yes he has. Hit legend status as early as 2007 elimation final and confirmed it in 2008.
100 goal seasons are worthy.
Only player since since Dunstall to kick 60 or more in a season for 7 years in a row.

Besides Lethal, name me another Hawk player with a highlights reel to match the Budster.

Deadset Hawk legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy's developing place on the All-Time Ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back