Bulldogs vs Saints Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so sick of us being such massive media darlings. 5000 samish articles about making history, not fearing the saints, anything can happen, preseason is paying off etc. I just clicked over the Saints website (granted it's the afl one) and there's barely a whisper of anything.

We were like this before the Geelong game and we all know how fantastic that turned out.

Do we really sell papers that well...because if we/the media keep saying things about ''creating history'' every single day and nothing ever eventuates about that then people will eventually just scoff when they read it, and hell, that might be better for us.

Does this annoy anyone else?

Agree in principle. But I am kinda enjoying the media stuff. Cos I read it for exactly what it is. Fluff, bubble and froth. I'd rather read this stuff at this time of the year than not read it and not be a part of the finals at this time.This "fairytale" stuff will always affix itself to one team come deep September. If we weren't in it, it would all be about the saints.All part of the build up and weak media stooges dragging the same emotive ridden cliches as they are prone to do at this time of year through lack of any actual journalistic acumen. Bubblegum stuff!
The team and players will be focused and have no external control over this sort of stuff. Its 22 vs 22 come tonight. That's all that really matters.
GO DOGS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs vs Saints Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back