Analysis Bye Time - The Run Home Special

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing football is a job. There are days when you are mentally switched on and others you don't give a ****

So if you have two weeks leave, I know when I do, first day back I'm lazy and unfocused as ever. Not excuse but reality of the human psyche. Takes me about a week to get back into routine lol

Pre/Post Bye 2023
1718509760374.png

Pre/Post Bye 2024
1718509855775.png

OK boys and JLo, are we better in 2024? It's coming down to the wire for JLo...LFG!

Playing football is a job. There are days when you are mentally switched on and others you don't give a ****

So if you have two weeks leave, I know when I do, first day back I'm lazy and unfocused as ever. Not excuse but reality of the human psyche. Takes me about a week to get back into routine lol

AGREE.. I had a week off last week and when I came back to work I was sluggish and unfocused.

North up by 48 point at half time against Collingwood shows great teams have down days too. I think we have all been melting a little hard about yesterday’s loss. Even though it was disappointing but I have no doubt we will beat Gold Coast next week and get our mojo back.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AGREE.. I had a week off last week and when I came back to work I was sluggish and unfocused.

North up by 48 point at half time against Collingwood shows great teams have down days too. I think we have all been melting a little hard about yesterday’s loss. Even though it was disappointing but I have no doubt we will beat Gold Coast next week and get our mojo back.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it's partly due to we had the opportunity of top 4 within our grasp.

But also it's like that, we live to melt lol nothing like the highs and lows..if we kept winning some would get bored lol

But yes the human psyche is weird. Sometimes you know what needs to be done, you think you prepared mentally for it, but somehow it lets you down on the day

This is one helluva comment from this week's Titus O'Reilly:

LILAC MIST
JUN 17, 2024
Freo take playing badly after the bye seriously. For us it means every game after the bye until the end of the season. Every year.

Feels too right.
Oh No Reaction GIF
Oh No Reaction GIF
Oh No Reaction GIF

Yeah but their run home is quite soft, I had them beating Essendon cause I don't rate em
As mediocre as the Bombers seem to be, Geelong are easily worse than that the last 2 months.

And I doubt they are favourites in any of the next 3 (Bombers, Hawks, Pies).

Edit: are favourites against the Hawks at GMHBA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what does the run home look like now? :)
So we finished with 3 wins out of the first 4, a very positive result with a nice Dockery twist (lost to Wb, beat Sydney).
7 to go, need 3 to definitely play finals and probably 5 to make top 4.
Let's farking go.

Hawthorn [7d] vs Fremantle [7d] (UTAS)
Fremantle [8d] vs Melbourne [8d] (Optus)
Fremantle [6d] vs West Coast [7d] (Optus)
Essendon [8d] vs Fremantle [8d] (MCG)

Fremantle [6d] vs Geelong [7d] (Optus)
GWS [7d] vs Fremantle [7d] (ENGIE Syd)
Fremantle [?] vs Port Adelaide [?] (Optus)

Must win: West Coast
Should win: Hawthorn, Melbourne
50/50: Essendon, Geelong, Port Adelaide
Who knows: GWS

So we finished with 3 wins out of the first 4, a very positive result with a nice Dockery twist (lost to Wb, beat Sydney).
7 to go, need 3 to definitely play finals and probably 5 to make top 4.
Let's farking go.

Hawthorn [7d] vs Fremantle [7d] (UTAS)
Fremantle [8d] vs Melbourne [8d] (Optus)
Fremantle [6d] vs West Coast [7d] (Optus)
Essendon [8d] vs Fremantle [8d] (MCG)

Fremantle [6d] vs Geelong [7d] (Optus)
GWS [7d] vs Fremantle [7d] (ENGIE Syd)
Fremantle [?] vs Port Adelaide [?] (Optus)

Must win: West Coast
Should win: Hawthorn, Melbourne
50/50: Essendon, Geelong, Port Adelaide
Who knows: GWS

Last four games against teams immediately below us right now.

These next three games are critical

Crazt how things look different off one or two rounds though. Suddenly, Port, Geelong, Essendon and GWS are 50/50 rather than 70/30.
I started writing the same, go back a couple rounds and all of Port, Geelong and GWS looked like they were struggling, and now they've all had some good wins.

The equation still says the same though, if we could win 3 of the next 4 that should lock us into finals and then we swing for home in those last 3 to try and get that top 4 spot.
If we only get 2 (or worse) then it's a lot more pressure just to get into the finals.

However put another way, if we could take care of business at home, then we'd only need one more win to likely get that top 4 spot.
The Port game in particular is a big benefit in my mind to have at home, as all their wins against good teams have been at home except the Geelong game.

Great season for a neutral supporter though!
Although surely even they dislike Carlton..

Rhino saying we have sunday arvo for R24 a game with possibly top 4 or at least finals implications on the line. Typical VFL scheduling... I sincerely hope it doesnt come down to a win to get in situation. id be feeling sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Bye Time - The Run Home Special

Remove this Banner Ad

Back