Review Banners Bangs Big, Bye Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Good point.

I was watching a bit of The Game on Channel Eagle today (Please don't judge me :D).

They do the show from Optus and in the background it looked like they had a series of mobile heaters on the grass.

Hard to imagine why lack of sun is an issue given the dry spell we are having.

The way that players were slipping all over the place I think both sides were lucky to escape serious leg injuries or worse a knee.
I remember doing a tour of the MCG a while back. They had to bring lights on to the ground to keep the grass alive as certain areas were blocked for sunlight by the grandstand.

That may be what you saw?

Man I thought for sure once Drapes went down that we wouldn’t be able to contain all of Naughton, Lobb and Darcy. But our defence held up and helpfully their talls (Darcy being the exception) displayed some seriously s**t forward nous.

Fyfe was incredible. His handballs are just so creative and when he’s on song he sees the game unfold like no other. I felt so elated for him when he kicked that goal.

Great game to watch for neutrals and fans alike I would have thought. Keep it up boys. We got this.

I remember doing a tour of the MCG a while back. They had to bring lights on to the ground to keep the grass alive as certain areas were blocked for sunlight by the grandstand.

They use those at Marvel as well.

Re Watched the game.

Cooper is going to be a star.
Banfield was a B+
Heaps of room to improve with Darcy and Jackson.
That fyfe bloke played his best footy im 3 years.
We need Fred's speed.
Going to suck not having Voss if amiss is returning.
Unless we move Tracey up the ground and drop Jom.

I'm really happy lobb has moved on.🤣

Just watching replay,

funniest bit was late first quarter, fyfe in a battle, contest goes past him, shoves chapman in and he gets a half smother in, results in a an inside 50, 200 IQ play s**t

Wrong bloody boots “E” I think too. I’ve Been to an EPL game and the pitch is watered before the game and half time. Very few players ever really slip ( Gerald at Liverpool a few years ago aside). One of my pet hates. Soccer players run 12-15 Kilometres a game too so I don’t think comfort should be an issue as is sometimes suggested why AFL players wear moulded boots.
The reason soccer pitches are watered is to allow for crisp and unimpeded passing of the ball on the deck.

Just watching replay,

funniest bit was late first quarter, fyfe in a battle, contest goes past him, shoves chapman in and he gets a half smother in, results in a an inside 50, 200 IQ play s**t
It’s like the game slows down for him and he sees it like the matrix code.
Calculate Zach Galifianakis GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can confirm that there were 2 big lighting rig/ heat lamp lookin thingos shining on the Northern grass all day Tuesday and Wednesday when I was at Optus.

Sprinklers were on and off all day in patches and they had massive tarps over some sections (I assume) to keep the water off.

North side of the oval gets zero direct sun during the day.

Must be a tough job getting plenty of water on the grass but not overdoing it... Obviously they stuffed it this week. Hope they get it right soon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back