• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't seriously expect us to believe that do you?

Since when did you have to do an apprenticeship in......I don't know....plumbing (?) to sell Firebase Sprinkler Systems?

No doubt Matty would be in the corporate polo and chinos, selling the stuff and overseeing operations, rather than on the tools and sitting in class with the kids at Holmesglen TAFE.

Scribe, I rate your knowledge & comments on this site but make no mistake, he is doing an apprenticeship, trade school & all. Call Firebase & ask them what site he is on & go see for yourself.

Scribe, I rate your knowledge & comments on this site but make no mistake, he is doing an apprenticeship, trade school & all. Call Firebase & ask them what site he is on & go see for yourself.
He is doing an apprenticeship to be a Sprinkler Fitter. It is a trade. Look it up if you don't know anything about it.

He would be on apprentice wages now, but in the long run very beneficial as it is the highest paying trade in the construction industry once fully qualified.

Besides, tell me one other club in the ammos who hasn't got a job for their players??? I bet there is none.

He is doing an apprenticeship to be a Sprinkler Fitter. It is a trade. Look it up if you don't know anything about it.

He would be on apprentice wages now, but in the long run very beneficial as it is the highest paying trade in the construction industry once fully qualified.

Besides, tell me one other club in the ammos who hasn't got a job for their players??? I bet there is none.

What pray tell will be the fringe benefits? Jobs are ok but I expect there will be a lot of overtime on Tuesday and Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons. Perhaps a bit of travel money?????????

Fair enough - if he's prepared to go back to square one to forge a career in that industry and take a drop in remuneration of 1000% (I'm guessing $200K back to $20K), then more power to him. It's a fantastic example of someone entering the ordinary workforce after a very solid AFL career, at the same time as returning to where it all began.

Better than getting a rep job, or trying to run pubs, etc. Though I guess it's possible for ex-players to have side interests such as hospitality which supplement their income.

It's none of my business what Matty is earning as the apprentice wage -I just find it astounding, as there'd have to be a bit of good marketing for Firebase (over and above the goodwill/quality of their product) in having a recently retired player as one of their front men.

If he's going to play in our scratch match on 17/3, perhaps I'll get a chance to quiz him face-to-face before he takes a hanger on the top of my shoulders!!!

Fair enough - if he's prepared to go back to square one to forge a career in that industry and take a drop in remuneration of 1000% (I'm guessing $200K back to $20K), then more power to him. It's a fantastic example of someone entering the ordinary workforce after a very solid AFL career, at the same time as returning to where it all began.

Better than getting a rep job, or trying to run pubs, etc. Though I guess it's possible for ex-players to have side interests such as hospitality which supplement their income.

It's none of my business what Matty is earning as the apprentice wage -I just find it astounding, as there'd have to be a bit of good marketing for Firebase (over and above the goodwill/quality of their product) in having a recently retired player as one of their front men.

If he's going to play in our scratch match on 17/3, perhaps I'll get a chance to quiz him face-to-face before he takes a hanger on the top of my shoulders!!!
I think he sees it as a career & I too doubt that he would be on minimum wages, but it would not be full rates as it would put a lot of workers noses out of joint I believe.

He's a good bloke so I am sure he would be happy to talk to you about whatever. Maybe even when he is sitting on your shoulders :p... It's a good conversation starter anyway!

Dukes has always been a pretty loyal sort of bloke. I doubt the coin would motivate him to play footy - maybe look a bit different if he was rolled out in another ammo clubs jumper. But not Ajax.

what about jeremy dukes for your mob,left the burra for nothing did he?

I think Dukes played for Ajax before he went to the VFL?
Has he played VAFA footy before?
His presence will lift Ajax as he is a class act... He should make the Rep team this year...good for the VAFA to see guys like that come back to the Ammos!!!

I think Dukes played for Ajax before he went to the VFL?
Has he played VAFA footy before?
His presence will lift Ajax as he is a class act... He should make the Rep team this year...good for the VAFA to see guys like that come back to the Ammos!!!

has certainly played there before (remember him in 2000) as a all kid running amok. I suggest he played all his juniors with the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has certainly played there before (remember him in 2000) as a all kid running amok. I suggest he played all his juniors with the club.
Same as Robbo, played all his juniors at Ormond until he got drafted. And his 2 brothers play at the club, not mush pushing needed for him to play...

Gonna start this season off with my predictions

Ajax ----- Straight back up. too good. just ask them
Mazenod--- Finished off last season strong
Ormond--- Robbins a plus. Barnes a massive minus.
Rupo----Won't Improve. Coach needs to learn that same game plan won't work all the way up the grades

Parkdale--- Fitter and younger. Better coached this year, will improve
MHSOB---Just guessing
Oakleigh-----Shit coach. Will learn a Crunch Grade leason this year
Whitefriars-- got few quality players.
Monash---- S T Ruggling
Hampton--- Juniors have massive amount of work to do to keep side in C

I do hope Miller(Ormond) leg has healed because he is best player in C grade easy. Love to watch Smyth(Monash) andfor Mazenod sake that D.Dunne is there and not at Sandy. they will fight for league B&F

Any one who says Monash has the best ground in C Grade hasn't had the benefit of a july saturday at the grave yard. As wet and muddy as the worst of them

Rupo----Won't Improve. Coach needs to learn that same game plan won't work all the way up the grades

MHSOB---Just guessing
Monash---- S T Ruggling

I do hope Miller(Ormond) leg has healed because he is best player in C grade easy. Love to watch Smyth(Monash) andfor Mazenod sake that D.Dunne is there and not at Sandy. they will fight for league B&F

Spoke to a mate from Ajax ..they will be hard to beat with lots of good recruits and Under 19's coming through.Very determined bunch of players this year.
Mazenod and Ormond will be right up there with the Ajax boys... should see two distinct halves of trhe competition this year . MHSOB,Oakleigh, Whitefriars will all struggle and there should be a big gap between top 5 and bottom 5

MHSOB---Just guessing
Monash---- S T Ruggling

Two premierships in two years at Oakleigh. Must be a shit coach.

MHSOB---Just guessing
Monash---- S T Ruggling

Can't be too bad, 6 promotions in 8 years and last year only missed out by less than a kick. :cool::cool::cool: Start baking the humble pie I say...

Considering we had 7 u 19 players in our prelim side would suggest we have scope for improvement. A game plan is always built
around teams strengths, so we are young and ready. With the players available coming through our junior program we have much to look forward to. The group coming through have tremendous potential

Is Rochford lining up this year? He is high quality.

The key for Rupo may not lie in what they do to improve, but more what the opposition have/not done to avoid another slow start to 2008.

Mazenod and Ormond suffered from poor starts due to council ground restrictions, but if they've adjusted and prepared better to this point, then I'd expect them to be 4 or 5 goals better in rounds 1-6 than they were last season.

Opposition clubs will know more about the Rupo line-up, tactics and home ground, and these factors will also assist in closing the perceived gap between 3rd and 4th in 2007.

Having said that, I'd still expect Rupo to make finals and push again for promotion .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back