• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time a club (not counting Under 19s or Club 18) went through a season undefeated in C Section, seeing that there's a good chance that Rupertswood might go through 2008 without dropping a game?

You might as well slot Rupertswood in as one of the two grand final teams. The other spot is very much up for grabs. I can't see anyone-and I include Hampton Rovers in this-beating Rupertswood.

Jas am looking forward to locking horns in 2008, wish we had your confidence about Rupo, it will not happen. Like all sides we would look to make the final four, then anything can happen. Losing a prelim can be a disaster for some teams, hopefully that won't happen either. What does everyone think about pre-Christmas training? I think it is over rated at this level.

I can't work out why you would want to have pre-Christmas training when we are still in the early stages of cricket season, clubs are still getting over their performances of the year just gone. There's no need for pre-Christmas training. It'd be better (and a lot smarter) to start pre-season training as a whole in late January, rather than have a pre-Christmas training period, then a break for Christmas, then start up all over again in January.

Personally, I think pre-Xmas training is very useful for setting a tone for a club's season, particularly if the previous one was not too flash. I can't recall a season where I didn't attend and participate in pre-Xmas training (whether I was playing A, B, C or now D section).

Just briefly, here are a few reasons why you might wish to have a few sessions to bring your playing list together:

1. introduce new recruits early
2. introduce new coaches to players
3. provide one or two weekly sessions for players to work on maintaining, if not improving their fitness base
4. players keen to improve can show the coaching staff early their intentions by working hard on skills and conditioning.

In the VAFA, pre-Xmas training should be encouraged, but not made compulsory. Those who are keen to improve themselves, and their team, should have an opportunity to get stuck into things as early as they wish.

Just my opinion.

NB - I've never played cricket, so impinging on a summer sport hasn't been an issue either. Again - it's a personal preference.

Personally, I think pre-Xmas training is very useful for setting a tone for a club's season, particularly if the previous one was not too flash. I can't recall a season where I didn't attend and participate in pre-Xmas training (whether I was playing A, B, C or now D section).

Just briefly, here are a few reasons why you might wish to have a few sessions to bring your playing list together:

1. introduce new recruits early
2. introduce new coaches to players
3. provide one or two weekly sessions for players to work on maintaining, if not improving their fitness base
4. players keen to improve can show the coaching staff early their intentions by working hard on skills and conditioning.

In the VAFA, pre-Xmas training should be encouraged, but not made compulsory. Those who are keen to improve themselves, and their team, should have an opportunity to get stuck into things as early as they wish.

Just my opinion.

NB - I've never played cricket, so impinging on a summer sport hasn't been an issue either. Again - it's a personal preference.

I'm with you on all those points Scribe and see it as a necessary function in today's footy. I just see it as unfortunate that with the continued path of elite football, statistics, reviews, game plans etc that it is necessary for suburban footy to attempt to keep up. Cricket and footy now have an overlap that is ridiculous and makes it hard to play both, this goes with all sports as an 11 year old if you make a representative basketball team it requires 4 to 5 days of commitment and leaves the kid with limited time to do anything else. Let's follow the French and have 4 day weeks, less stress and more time for sport.

For me, it's too early to say a side will go undefeated...in fact, just saying that is quite outrageous. If it were to happen to a young club like Rupertswood I'd say "good o," but I seriously doubt it will happen. I think MHSOB will need to be watched. They've had too much bad press too early. For me, this is a little dangerous to the stronger clubs. My money - at this very early point - is on Mazenod. They took a little while to get rolling in season 07, but the string of 9-10 wins in a row they put together (which included defeats of the 3 ther finals participants) will see them confident of a strong flag tilt in 08.
I'm agreeing with Scribe on the need for pre-Chrissy training as it can help a side gain that little bit of extra fitness and closeness.
Hope those Pure Blondes taste just as good in Summer as they do after a victory KB!

I did a pre-Christmas regime last year, but hurt my knee at work and training aggravated it to the point where it only just came right in March. I pinged a hammy at training in April and it followed me all the way through to the end of the season.

So this year I thought I'd give the legs a thorough rest, and start gentle running next week so that I'm ready for the preseason proper when it hits. Concurrent with that is a few sessions with a personal trainer for cardio and stretching, and watching what I eat. Diet changes alone has seen me drop almost 10kg in the last month, I'm well under last seasons playing weight and setting myself up to be competitive with the young buggers next year.

If I wasn't so conscious about the hamstring situation I'd have been doing light work with the guys down the club from mid November. But thats only because I don't play cricket and would otherwise just be blobbing out. I don't think its reasonable to expect those playing cricket seriously to do footy preseason as well, especially before the end of January.

Now that we are 4 months away from the opening bounce of the 2008 C Section season (drought conditions permitting, be prepared for a late start like last year), what's the early money for the C Section Premiership as far as punters are concerned, as well as the best & fairest of the C Section comp this year?

its gotta be hampton jase

they are the best eveeerrrrrrrr

as for the b and f for c section it must be a 22 way tie between all the hampton firsts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultimate Hater .. mate you are becoming 1 pain in the arse poster - chill out man as other poster are walking away with the crap you load on other posters.

i hate on people who deserve it.. big barb was posting tripe which didn't contribute to the thread one bit, i don't "load crap" on posters having a go and giving an opinion on something.. having said that, i do like to argue give a bit of stick, but i never come out with a straight up "you're a tool" statement unless its deserved, and BB fully derserved it with some of the things he/she had been posting at the time.. have a read..

not sure why you were offended by it though..??

Here's my ladder for season 2008:

Rupertswood
Ormond
Mazenod
AJAX

Oakleigh
Whitefriars
Hampton Rovers
Parkdale
MHSOB
Monash

i hate on people who deserve it.. big barb was posting tripe which didn't contribute to the thread one bit, i don't "load crap" on posters having a go and giving an opinion on something.. having said that, i do like to argue give a bit of stick, but i never come out with a straight up "you're a tool" statement unless its deserved, and BB fully derserved it with some of the things he/she had been posting at the time.. have a read..

not sure why you were offended by it though..??

Are you an emo Ultimate hater?

Don't worry, be happy mate. OUTRAGEOUS!

Has anyone heard about the progress of the Jackas?
Heard AJAX are raring to go in '08, and have lots of big names at the Club for this year..
Having won 6 and lost 3 by less than a kick in B Grade last year , they have to be one of the hot sides in 08.

Heard AJAX are raring to go in '08, and have lots of big names at the Club for this year..
Having won 6 and lost 3 by less than a kick in B Grade last year , they have to be one of the hot sides in 08.

Go on BigJ, you seem to be the only one here who knows anything about AJAX - care to expand? Who are these names and how big are they?

Isn't every club flying at this time of year ?? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back