• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez it doesn't take long for the ol' "let's bag Ajax" banter to start. Round 2, sooner than I expected.

Rupertswood sounds like a forest for teddy bears. I also used to hate playing against Ajax because (and this is a fact), the umpiring was terribly lopsided in their favour.

Sounds like C grade will be a war of attrition in 2008. Kill 'em all.

The fact is this. There must have been a small section of banter at one end of the ground, which happens most weeks, i never seen it or heard it. The general day was enjoyed by all, footy is back we are all glad of that. One thing both sides would take most offence to is being labelled soft. A side is not soft who comes off a 140pt loss to a win against quality opposition. It takes strength of mind and body and character to turn a devastating loss like we had in round 1. I am sure Ajax will be very fired up for the Vultures this week, i would more than likely question a sides hardness after a win of 140pts only to capitulate the following week. They would generally be labelled frontrunners and soft in the mind. However i am wary of this as i only seen the Vultures destroy us, so you can only go on what you see.

Jot down 28 June in your diary for the re-match between AJAX & Rupertswood at Sportscover Arena. It'll be interesting to see what will happen in this game-on & off the field.

Jot down 28 June in your diary for the re-match between AJAX & Rupertswood at Sportscover Arena. It'll be interesting to see what will happen in this game-on & off the field.

Next time they meet??? Probably a good game of football, and no off field issues.
Last Saturday was no problem...
There are a few Ajax haters out there who stir up every week. and at every opportunity [as no doubt they will reply to this posting with their anti Ajax comments.]

..Let's get on with the football!

Next time they meet??? Probably a good game of football, and no off field issues.
Last Saturday was no problem...
There are a few Ajax haters out there who stir up every week. and at every opportunity [as no doubt they will reply to this posting with their anti Ajax comments.]

..Let's get on with the football!
talk to any club out there and they all say Ajax have the worst supporters,that includes junior footy as well.
got a big chip on their shoulders.
this is not Ajax bashing but the truth.

What happened to the Vultures on the w/e???

How did Mick Meyer play??? I heard he was in some fine form on satdee nyt down at Bar Black

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ajax defeated Parkdale by 9 points.
Great comeback after trailing by 7 goals at the 1st change, but Jackas booted 9 unasnwered goals in the 2nd to set up a great win.
Vultures kept trying to the last siren in a tough encounter.

Ajax Reserves lucky to win by 2 points after being down all day.Winner came just before the final siren..

Great comeback after trailing by 7 goals at the 1st change, but Jackas booted 9 unasnwered goals in the 2nd to set up a great win.

Ajax Reserves lucky to win by 2 points after being down all day.Winner came just before the final siren..
did your ressies have a different umpire

Monash too good for Rupo. A great club and we will need to find a way.

Kingbrown, what is going on at rupertswood ? they are no where near the mark at this stage, how many have moved on or are they just not playing due to injury ?

they look a shadow off the side that they have been the last couple of years ? no fowards, midfield is slow and unaccountable, backs are undersized,

i have just about put a line through them as a finals contender, after spending 6 months doing homework on how to beat them.

Mazel, how did ritterman go in his first game, get through ok ?

How far away Dukes ? Is the operation he had taking longer then expected to get back on the track ?

Looking foward to seeing the best foward in c grade have a big impact, our comp will be better for it.

How far away Dukes ? Is the operation he had taking longer then expected to get back on the track ?

Looking foward to seeing the best foward in c grade have a big impact, our comp will be better for it.

Ritterman showed glimpses but this was his first run for the season and will improve with match time.He actually did well under the circumstances.
Dukes 2 weeks away..will add greatly to Ajax's attack.

was at game today. Ritterman didn't spend much time in the middle as it's first game back. still knows what to do if he gets anywhere near 50 with the pill. rumour is dukes has started training and will be playing in about 2 weeks. The ajax supporter behind the goals needs a good hard look at himself! His constant verbal abuse at parkdale players (in particular macgeorge) and the umpires was an absolute disgrace. There weren't too many words other than the f bomb muttered from that muppet. Someone needs to roll that flog back up in his cocoon and put him way for six months! Was a good game by both sides but only ruined by that dropkick behind the goals!

I think it's too early to make a judgement on Rupertswood at this stage. Oakleigh are off to a slow start as well. But the big surprise is the Rovers. We thought they would struggle to adapt to the high standard of C Section footy but today proves that is not the case. We'll learn a lot more about where the Rovers are at after Round 5.

Yes , but if you were critical of the Ajax umpire last week, would have had a ball watching the Reserve's Umpire today from Parkdale!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
mate you're kidding. Our umpire (for some reason bewilders me) seems to pay more free kicks against our side than the opposition. The ajax umpire is a dead set cheat. The fact he allows head high tackles on parkdale players today when the slightest brisk of contact to an ajax player ( usually in their forward 50) results in an instant free kick staggers me. don't ever post craplike that again you twit!

I agree with you yippa. Spent a little time down at sportscover today and saw a top game off football. Some hard hits, fast running and great momentum swings. The final quater was a super contest, close with both teams having chances to win. The fans were vocal in their support and it was only the one idiot who spoils it for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back