C Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough.

However, if every TAC Cup team took the same view, it'd make the whole idea of a premiership season, with points awarded for wins and then a finals series where the winner gets a cup and a bunch of medals kinda redundant.

Takes a bit of the fun out of footy if you ask me. ;)

Groundsman couldnt be closer to the truth.

The TAC competition and the clubs sole responsibility is to develop players to be drafted. It just so happens that you are most likely to have more players drafted the further you go into September.

Think of it like this....The players work their ass of to win games, the coaches work their ass of to make players.

The Dragons are almost unique with the number of Privates on their list and they must play school footy first. Many a good footballer has missed playing consistant TAC football playing under Ossies rules. Wonder if things will change now he has gone to the Demons (AFL)
Ossie hasn't gone, he's back. But the demons probably deserved him.

I see the OGGS are still without a coach for 2009. Not the best way to start their campaign in C grade. Does anyone know whether they have found anyone?

Is there any truth that Ash Obrien is in the running for the Beaumaris twos job???? Or is last years coach Garry Nicholson going around again??
young boy dont know much about the job down there at beaumaris but i think it would be good to get some youth in and around the club iam sure misfud will be a good influence on him and his helpers who would be helping him if he gets the job. what does the committe think of this. On Gary i think it would be in the clubs interest if he moves on whispers out he could not relate to the players last year amd was a mass exit at reserves level if i hear right

young boy dont know much about the job down there at beaumaris but i think it would be good to get some youth in and around the club iam sure misfud will be a good influence on him and his helpers who would be helping him if he gets the job. what does the committe think of this. On Gary i think it would be in the clubs interest if he moves on whispers out he could not relate to the players last year amd was a mass exit at reserves level if i hear right

you seem to no alot more than your letting on chicken man???any truth to the rumour misfud may play this year and ash obrien may take the role as match day coach aswell as 2nds coach??? by the way what helpers is he bringing since you dont no much about the job down there???

you seem to no alot more than your letting on chicken man???any truth to the rumour misfud may play this year and ash obrien may take the role as match day coach aswell as 2nds coach??? by the way what helpers is he bringing since you dont no much about the job down there???
young boy i dont know if you play football or not but behind every coach are good helpers and iam sure misfud would not hire anyone unless they had a good support staff to bring with the new coach

young boy i dont know if you play football or not but behind every coach are good helpers and iam sure misfud would not hire anyone unless they had a good support staff to bring with the new coach

Im sure that is true chicken man...what sort of leadershipand experience would ashleigh obrien bring to the twos job??? also any truth that there is a clause if he gets the job he has to curb his late night antics???

Im sure that is true chicken man...what sort of leadershipand experience would ashleigh obrien bring to the twos job??? also any truth that there is a clause if he gets the job he has to curb his late night antics???

Who gives a s#^t about the twos job down there everyone should be focused on senior success and if the 2nds do well its a bonus...

Thanks for the mail Mazal. I see your club is playing its home games back at Albert Park. Have Parks Victoria fixed that sh*t hole? or does your new coach think you will have some sort of home ground advantage even though you havent played there for 5 years. Just for the record, can you give the readers any mail on recruits. How did you go chasing Taft, Tivendale and Poyas?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gives a s#^t about the twos job down there everyone should be focused on senior success and if the 2nds do well its a bonus...
yeah roundup you obviously dont belong to a football club mate because that is a very selfish attitude to bring to a football club because club success is not measured on the ones as many twos sides have proven in the past! maybe you should hang around a club and see how if both sides work together any succcess is good success

yeah roundup you obviously dont belong to a football club mate because that is a very selfish attitude to bring to a football club because club success is not measured on the ones as many twos sides have proven in the past! maybe you should hang around a club and see how if both sides work together any succcess is good success

1st thing chicken man i am not your mate...And all clubs are measured by success from there senior team ie promotion of grades for making the grand final.Yes agree if both sides work together success can happen but will only be judged by the senior teams performances...Time for you chicken man to hang around a football club.

1st thing chicken man i am not your mate...And all clubs are measured by success from there senior team ie promotion of grades for making the grand final.Yes agree if both sides work together success can happen but will only be judged by the senior teams performances...Time for you chicken man to hang around a football club.

Round up calm down - have you got sand in your vagina? I agree with Chicken man although a club ultimately moves up and down grades due to the senior team. As a collective a club needs to be successful in all levels from seniors down to under 19’s. An example is Xavier which has dominated A grade of many years. Now their seniors are top notch, their ressies are the same, without a good two’s coach and football program then I would suggest they wouldn’t be as successful for so many years as they have been.

Thanks for the mail Mazal. I see your club is playing its home games back at Albert Park. Have Parks Victoria fixed that sh*t hole? or does your new coach think you will have some sort of home ground advantage even though you havent played there for 5 years. Just for the record, can you give the readers any mail on recruits. How did you go chasing Taft, Tivendale and Poyas?

Groundsman... firstly I do not know the condition of Albert Park, but it will be no worse than Elsternwick Park was this year!
Of course there is a home ground advantage at Smorgon Oval .... the wind blows from 3 directions at once and the South Melbourne Districts adjoining oval gives the forwards plenty of goal posts to aim at.

Jackas killed Hampton Rovers there this year in their only Albert Park game,and the Club has a good record at home on that oval.The players know it well as they train there regularly...

Recruits.... how would I know?
Let's wait till the season starts in April .
Every Club is a potential Premiership side at this time of the year.

How are other C Grade Clubs looking for 2009?

Apart from Caulfield [who always have 6 ex AFL players on their list at this time of the year], who else will improve or go backwards from 2008?

Groundsman... firstly I do not know the condition of Albert Park, but it will be no worse than Elsternwick Park was this year!
Of course there is a home ground advantage at Smorgon Oval .... the wind blows from 3 directions at once and the South Melbourne Districts adjoining oval gives the forwards plenty of goal posts to aim at.

Jackas killed Hampton Rovers there this year in their only Albert Park game,and the Club has a good record at home on that oval.The players know it well as they train there regularly...

Recruits.... how would I know?
Let's wait till the season starts in April .
Every Club is a potential Premiership side at this time of the year.

How are other C Grade Clubs looking for 2009?

Apart from Caulfield [who always have 6 ex AFL players on their list at this time of the year], who else will improve or go backwards from 2008?

From what I hear OGGS have got a new spring in their step, recruiting talks are going well from sources, I think with moving up division a new buzz and excitement has taken over the club. It will be interesting how and new coach with a proper plan for the future will work out for the boys at the cattery..

Brayden Haynes gone from Beauy to Chelsea Heights.

Pity for Beauy!

Also I heard on the grapevine a few more Senior players are leaving??? [not interested in C Grade] ..It it true?
They will have to rely on the young team coming through from their successful Under 19's of 2008.

Fair enough.

However, if every TAC Cup team took the same view, it'd make the whole idea of a premiership season, with points awarded for wins and then a finals series where the winner gets a cup and a bunch of medals kinda redundant.

Takes a bit of the fun out of footy if you ask me. ;)

Oh dear Fraser,

that post just shows how little you know about the elite junior sporting competition in the country. Of course they try and win but the major focus of the TAC Cup is DEVELOPMENT. As for the dragons, how could they possibly make the finals when thier best four players who went in the top 15 in the national draft only play a handful of games with them because of school committments.

Each team would love to win the flag - but for some it is basicaly impossible.

Pity for Beauy!

Also I heard on the grapevine a few more Senior players are leaving??? [not interested in C Grade] ..It it true?
They will have to rely on the young team coming through from their successful Under 19's of 2008.

Don't pity them, I hear

This is exactly what they needed.

Clear out the old (players & committee) and let the young kids that have been developed by some good junior coaches over last 3-4 years - unfortunatley not there anymore (Rabs200 and others) - make their mark on the club. If they can harness those young kids they will be ok.

They will have plenty of players coming back this year I believe, no big names but some good 'lost souls'

good luck to them

A mate from Chelsea Heights, who is in the know.

Will try to find out more.

A mate from Chelsea Heights...is that the biggest oxymoron to ever occur on bigfooty?

Super, save your time mate, 2 guy's from the worst league in Victoria trying to discuss things like this could be dangerous to the mental capabilities of both parties.

You should just stay in the SFL thread and post your crap rumours there.

CC

Remove this Banner Ad

C Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back