C Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

I can confirm that Andrew "The Glacier" Strain is tearing up the track at the moment. His pre-season has been very solid thus far with an increase in his speed a noticeable difference. On Monday night he recorded a personal best 4 min and 51 seconds for the 100 metre dash. This PB has lifted his official ranking and he is now the second slowest man in the Oceania/Pacific region. Commiserations to Richard Foote who now holds this uncomfortable title. Everyone in the VAFA congratulates Andrew on this remarkable achievement.

Foote, Strain.

No surprise they struggle in the running department I guess. :D

Sorry - Afrikaaner humour may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Caulfield should be genuine contenders going on the performance of their unders performance last year.
As for Andrew Strain, I've never heard of him.
MHSOB I hear have recruited quite well and look the most impressive at this stage.

From what I've heard - Strain lacks leg speed but is a versatile footballer who can play at either end of the ground. Likely to play CHF with the loss of a few key players. Apparently he is an extremely tough player with amazing hands. Only time will tell.

From what I've heard - Strain lacks leg speed but is a versatile footballer who can play at either end of the ground. Likely to play CHF with the loss of a few key players. Apparently he is an extremely tough player with amazing hands. Only time will tell.

First you ask if anybody knows anything about Strain, then you give us his life story! Are you sure you're not Andrew Strain??:D

On behalf of all VAFA supporters I would like to congratulate Oakleigh AFC on expanding our great game to the world, in particular HUNGARY.

Having a full list of HUNGARY players to work with should be exciting, however very challenging for any coach.

AFL level 3 courses are now being taking in Italian, Hungarian, German and Spanish - roll up, roll up.

OAKLEIGH AMATEUR FOOTBALL CLUB

W.A. Scammell Reserve Guest Road South Oakleigh

P O Box 83 Oakleigh MDC Oakleigh 3166

COACHES WANTED

Oakleigh AFC - Affiliated VAFA-C Section

• Requires Assistant Senior, Reserves and U19 Coaches for season 2009
  • Oakleigh is a strong performing club and this is a great developmental opportunity for players looking to step into a coaching career
  • Senior premiers 2006, 2007. Preliminary Finalists 2008
  • Strong feeder clubs and appropriate remuneration available
  • Currently training with a strong young & hungary list
  • Call Barry Alexander (0411825105) or Brendan Fitzgerald (0438-565-109) to discuss.
Yeah Nice

I hope they behaved themselves - imagine just lazing away on the hungarian coast with your family and all of a sudden be acosted by a troup of bogans from oakleigh - yep great - go ugly aussies

(apologies to all hungarians who are related to current oakliegh players)

Yeah Nice

I hope they behaved themselves - imagine just lazing away on the hungarian coast with your family and all of a sudden be acosted by a troup of bogans from oakleigh - yep great - go ugly aussies

(apologies to all hungarians who are related to current oakliegh players)

What the?
Hungary has coast?

Yar - that's news to me, chaps. Last I looked it was surrounded by Slovakia, Ukraine, Croatia, Romania, Slovenia, Austria and Serbia. Fully landlocked, just like Swaziland and Lesotho down here near Durban.

Rather amusing don't you think? :p

What the?
Hungary has coast?

Yar - that's news to me, chaps. Last I looked it was surrounded by Slovakia, Ukraine, Croatia, Romania, Slovenia, Austria and Serbia. Fully landlocked, just like Swaziland and Lesotho down here near Durban.

Rather amusing don't you think? :p

yes very amusing for a twat that was trying to make a joke of a simple typo and could only manage to show who the uneducated bogan is - well done

although being a collingwood fan we cant expect too much

Contenders
Beaumaris
Caulfield
Ajax
Mazenod
Oakleigh
Pretenders
Old Geelong
Bulleen Temp
Monash
Parkdale
MHSOB
Basis for my tips - absolutely nothing. I have watched one team train and really have no idea. Ammo footy can throw up many surprises and really other than the top two who have come down from long stints in B section and who i beleive will fill 2 of the top 4 spots at seasons end, the other 2 spots could be anyones. Ajax always promise a lot and should be there abouts. Mazenod to maybe fill out the 4th spot.
The rest of the teams i haven't seen for a number of years
But its been a slow summer and the banter realy needs to pick up on this website.
Some thoughts on other teams - Old Geelong and Bulleen Temp. Both up from D grade and both have struggled in C grade in recent history and have not really ever made an impact. Will be interesting to see if both or either can challenge for finals.
Monash and Parkdale have both been in C for a few years now without going up or down. Will 09 deliver a similar fate - maybe?
Oakleigh - never seen them play and am interested to see how they perform and if they can follow last seasons form.
MHSOB - the once very powerful. will depend on recruits otherwise would think they fill out the last few spots.
As stated before, i have no basis for the predictions, so don't take it personally. I'm just getting very excited looking into the coming season.
Good luck to everyone.

Contenders
Beaumaris
Caulfield
Ajax
Mazenod
Oakleigh
Pretenders
Old Geelong
Bulleen Temp
Monash
Parkdale
MHSOB
Basis for my tips - absolutely nothing. I have watched one team train and really have no idea. Ammo footy can throw up many surprises and really other than the top two who have come down from long stints in B section and who i beleive will fill 2 of the top 4 spots at seasons end, the other 2 spots could be anyones. Ajax always promise a lot and should be there abouts. Mazenod to maybe fill out the 4th spot.
The rest of the teams i haven't seen for a number of years
But its been a slow summer and the banter realy needs to pick up on this website.
Some thoughts on other teams - Old Geelong and Bulleen Temp. Both up from D grade and both have struggled in C grade in recent history and have not really ever made an impact. Will be interesting to see if both or either can challenge for finals.
Monash and Parkdale have both been in C for a few years now without going up or down. Will 09 deliver a similar fate - maybe?
Oakleigh - never seen them play and am interested to see how they perform and if they can follow last seasons form.
MHSOB - the once very powerful. will depend on recruits otherwise would think they fill out the last few spots.
As stated before, i have no basis for the predictions, so don't take it personally. I'm just getting very excited looking into the coming season.
Good luck to everyone.

Has anyone heard anything about Mazenod they could be the sleeping giant. They have beaten every team over the last last 2 years. Who is coaching them. Is there any word on them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurstbridge Football Club (Northern Football League Div 2) is looking for a practice match Seniors, Reserves & u/19's on March 28th or 29th @ an away venue.

Please contact our Senior coach Chris on 0430 583 245.

Have Ajax dealt with their unfinished business in the lower doldrums yet? Is 2009 the Year of the Jackas? Will they reach the top two only to find themselves firmly attached to a C section bungee cord again for 2011?

Tiger's Nuts

The wheel will turn soon, and Ajax going up will pass SBMT on their way down to D grade...
Don't get too cocky!! :thumbsdown:

Good point Beacon, but let's take a census to see how many Clubs really want to see SBMT brought back to reality... They are a great Club but too cocky about themselves....

Good to see you haven't lost any of your humor Mazel, unlike your hair. SBMT are in "A" grade to stay. It just goes to show a plasma here and a spa there, lures all sorts of talent. I must admit, your club has had the best coaches in the VAFA over the years but all they have brought you is a bagel. Tell me, where did you find this years coach?

Has anyone heard anything about Mazenod they could be the sleeping giant. They have beaten every team over the last last 2 years. Who is coaching them. Is there any word on them?

Nodders are travelling very nicely. Extremely young group with not many over 23. They have picked up a couple from the Chargers and Port. Looking to get to B-Grade as a number of old boys currently at Mulgrave, Noble Park and Scoresby will come back to play when they get back there. Good coach with a track record of Ammo success. Watch out for them this year.
Will also say that I am not connected to them in any way....

Nodders are travelling very nicely. Extremely young group with not many over 23. They have picked up a couple from the Chargers and Port. Looking to get to B-Grade as a number of old boys currently at Mulgrave, Noble Park and Scoresby will come back to play when they get back there. Good coach with a track record of Ammo success. Watch out for them this year.
Will also say that I am not connected to them in any way....

Mazenod can have Appers back any time they want. Average player and a shocking bloke:thumbsdown:

That's no way to talk about one of your Team of the Century members now is it. I actually went to Doms 50th last weekend. But lets be honest, if he's still one of the better players in the EFL Divvy 2, he'd win Mazenods B & F by the length of the Flemington straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

C Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back