C Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry Carl, was just passing on some useful (or so I thought) information. The bloke has won 4 club best and fairests and is about the only thing down at Beauy that is any good.

Dunno what your insecurity is about the SFL Carl. Fact is that the top three teams would wipe the floor with anything from C grade, especially Beauy, and would be good B Grade teams. Newsflash....you comp isn't that good!!

Also I don't appreciate your personal dig. Just because we didn't go to a Catholic school and spend six years getting touched up by the brothers, doesnt make us less smart than you who did, (it may actually mean we were smarter than you to steer clear!!) ;) Keep your snide remarks to yourself next time young fella so you dont end up with egg on your face!

Just like you ground, you are pathetic.

Sorry Carl, was just passing on some useful (or so I thought) information. The bloke has won 4 club best and fairests and is about the only thing down at Beauy that is any good.

Dunno what your insecurity is about the SFL Carl. Fact is that the top three teams would wipe the floor with anything from C grade, especially Beauy, and would be good B Grade teams. Newsflash....you comp isn't that good!!

Also I don't appreciate your personal dig. Just because we didn't go to a Catholic school and spend six years getting touched up by the brothers, doesnt make us less smart than you who did, (it may actually mean we were smarter than you to steer clear!!) ;) Keep your snide remarks to yourself next time young fella so you dont end up with egg on your face!

No snide remarks there Super, even your fans on SFL know most of your rumours are crap (just like your ground).

Yeah I went to a catholic School, gee your smart.

Your brain cells are deteriorating - here's a tip, stay away from can hill with all your drunk mates in 2009 - its just another legacy of the SFL.

'Breed em tough, drink em dumb".:D

All rumours are on the money Carl. Just like this one. Have only been wrong once or twice.

I bet you don't even play......just another nerd that goes to games and complains if someone takes his/her beer (or wine) outside the clubrooms.

Get a life champ. Go out an have a perve on some of the quality rigs that are parading through Port Melbourne on a Saturday rather than being on sitting on here!!

Waiting for the comeback regarding Chelt's supposed shit ground...........for the third time!

All rumours are on the money Carl. Just like this one. Have only been wrong once or twice.

I bet you don't even play......just another nerd that goes to games and complains if someone takes his/her beer (or wine) outside the clubrooms.

Get a life champ. Go out an have a perve on some of the quality rigs that are parading through Port Melbourne on a Saturday rather than being on sitting on here!!

Waiting for the comeback regarding Chelt's supposed shit ground...........for the third time!

At least we have something to look at rather than the commission houses you live in at Cheltenham. Your obviously inside as its not safe to walk the streets in your area.

Go back to the SFL site moron, your just out of your league - whats left of it as another 2 clubs have just left the sinking ship.

How does it feel to be on a sinking ship - what new sides are you playing next year, or just the same old exciting clubs like Clayton, St Pauls, Mordi - gee it must stimulate your mind playing the same sides for the last 80 years.

you will not have to worry about that crap heap you play on - may not be a comp to play in soon.

Onya Super

If it was a sinking ship Carl you wouldn't be as insecure as you are.

Would rather play those teams each year and build up great rivalries and friendships than trekking all over Melbourne in a lesser comp (C Grade) than we already play in.

Do soem homework Carl and you will find out that is is you that is in over his head.

Heading off down the street now, better lock the car doors!! ;)

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Why don't Superfreak and Cardio Carl meet down at the local and beat the crap out of each other instead of boring all others who are interested in Amateur C Grade football.

Oh dear Fraser,

that post just shows how little you know about the elite junior sporting competition in the country. Of course they try and win but the major focus of the TAC Cup is DEVELOPMENT. As for the dragons, how could they possibly make the finals when thier best four players who went in the top 15 in the national draft only play a handful of games with them because of school committments.

Each team would love to win the flag - but for some it is basicaly impossible.

At the risk of presuming you've missed my point, I'll rephrase. Keeping in mind the original post was made in response to a comment that Sandringham guage their success on how many kids get drafted, not how many games they win.

My point was that if the clubs/franchises don't value team performance as highly as individual promotion then, the player rated 10-15 on their list will suffer in his development, and the balance of the list outside the top few will not enjoy their footy for the year or two they play as they won't have team success. Perhaps that is the 'rub' of the elite competition, but it hardly makes for a competition, as such, rather a talent showcase for AFL recruiters, and nothing more.

If 4 of the top 15 kids taken in this years draft were Sandy kids who chose (I presume) APS footy over TAC Cup for at least half the season, one wonders why they chose to play with their school mates in the first place. Perhaps because it was fun to play in a team environment with guys they'd know for many years previous?

That's what good club footy is all about.

Perhaps that is the 'rub' of the elite competition, but it hardly makes for a competition, as such, rather a talent showcase for AFL recruiters, and nothing more.

Scribe, the TAC comp is infact a talent show for the AFL. The private school boys have to represent their school first and their TAC club second. Many a good footballer wont get a game till round 5 or 6 and is then dumped again when the Privates return just before finals time, if their club makes it. Their only out of the school comps are the National Championships and they happen during school holidays. I have seen many a "good" footballer have his heart broken by this pathetic situation. StBedes have a few players who fit this bill.

Superfreak find this hard to believe with Brayden being a assistant coach and all.Where do you have this information from???

I've just come back to eat some humble pie young boy. Apparently now Haynes hasn't signed at the Heights, they did speak to him but the word I first got was a bit preemptive. He is still a Shark from what I can understand and I think he will still be by Round 1 2009. Sorry for jumping the gun, but my source is generally rock solid.

Carl, feel free to have a free dig about my (and my mates) mental capacity!! ;)

I've just come back to eat some humble pie young boy. Apparently now Haynes hasn't signed at the Heights, they did speak to him but the word I first got was a bit preemptive. He is still a Shark from what I can understand and I think he will still be by Round 1 2009. Sorry for jumping the gun, but my source is generally rock solid.

Carl, feel free to have a free dig about my (and my mates) mental capacity!! ;)

Nah, you had the grace to retract it when proven incorrect.:thumbsu:

Bulleen Temp will be very strong this year. Havent had any air time yet but will take Cgrade by force. Watch for a young blonde big man returning to add to an already impressive ruck division

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of presuming you've missed my point, I'll rephrase. Keeping in mind the original post was made in response to a comment that Sandringham guage their success on how many kids get drafted, not how many games they win.

My point was that if the clubs/franchises don't value team performance as highly as individual promotion then, the player rated 10-15 on their list will suffer in his development, and the balance of the list outside the top few will not enjoy their footy for the year or two they play as they won't have team success. Perhaps that is the 'rub' of the elite competition, but it hardly makes for a competition, as such, rather a talent showcase for AFL recruiters, and nothing more.

If 4 of the top 15 kids taken in this years draft were Sandy kids who chose (I presume) APS footy over TAC Cup for at least half the season, one wonders why they chose to play with their school mates in the first place. Perhaps because it was fun to play in a team environment with guys they'd know for many years previous?

That's what good club footy is all about.

Fraser,

a man of your education and alleged football knowledge should know better.

They do not 'choose' to play school footy over TAC - it is cumpulsory.

the key for Amateur clubs is to get them back from the TAc system if they don't get drafted.(which the majority don't)

On behalf of all VAFA supporters I would like to congratulate Oakleigh AFC on expanding our great game to the world, in particular HUNGARY.

Having a full list of HUNGARY players to work with should be exciting, however very challenging for any coach.

AFL level 3 courses are now being taking in Italian, Hungarian, German and Spanish - roll up, roll up.

OAKLEIGH AMATEUR FOOTBALL CLUB
W.A. Scammell Reserve Guest Road South Oakleigh
P O Box 83 Oakleigh MDC Oakleigh 3166

COACHES WANTED

Oakleigh AFC - Affiliated VAFA-C Section
  • Requires Assistant Senior, Reserves and U19 Coaches for season 2009
  • Oakleigh is a strong performing club and this is a great developmental opportunity for players looking to step into a coaching career
  • Senior premiers 2006, 2007. Preliminary Finalists 2008
  • Strong feeder clubs and appropriate remuneration available
  • Currently training with a strong young & hungary list
  • Call Barry Alexander (0411825105) or Brendan Fitzgerald (0438-565-109) to discuss.

On behalf of myself I would like to congratulate the Oakleigh FC on their success today but more importantly their coaching appointment and good luck next week.

After giving your admin guys some stick earlier in the year, you have pushed one back

well done.

On behalf of all VAFA supporters I would like to congratulate Oakleigh AFC on expanding our great game to the world, in particular HUNGARY.

Having a full list of HUNGARY players to work with should be exciting, however very challenging for any coach.

AFL level 3 courses are now being taking in Italian, Hungarian, German and Spanish - roll up, roll up.

OAKLEIGH AMATEUR FOOTBALL CLUB
W.A. Scammell Reserve Guest Road South Oakleigh
P O Box 83 Oakleigh MDC Oakleigh 3166
COACHES WANTED
Oakleigh AFC - Affiliated VAFA-C Section

• Requires Assistant Senior, Reserves and U19 Coaches for season 2009
  • Oakleigh is a strong performing club and this is a great developmental opportunity for players looking to step into a coaching career
  • Senior premiers 2006, 2007. Preliminary Finalists 2008
  • Strong feeder clubs and appropriate remuneration available
  • Currently training with a strong young & hungary list
  • Call Barry Alexander (0411825105) or Brendan Fitzgerald (0438-565-109) to discuss.

Nice Carlos!! Too bad they haven't got the internet yet out that way....and the way most Oakleigh-ites get their hands on a computer is via a car boot in the local pub car-park!!:D

Is it true that the beaumaris football club has nominated ashleigh obrien for the VAFA hall of fame?? Even though the club told ashleigh he was not the right man for the reserves coaching job....Great to see the club looking after there club legend..Hopefully all goes well for ashleigh and im sure he will be enjoying plenty of chicken rolls in retirement...

just wanted to know if anyone out there can confirm if Beaumaris have found a reserves coach! You would think time is running out for the person to be educated and trained before the start of the season! Rumour has it that three past players applied but apparently did not fit the mould of the MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY COMMITTEE MEMBERS that are down there at the moment. Good to see they are still pushing away past palyers from the club! A solution to this problem could be the head coach jason misfud could do two jobs or is two relegations to much, now that would be value for money!

Educated and Trained to be a 2nds coach.....mmmmmmm.....interesting scenario although one would hope they were educated at school without any potential applicants rushing around to get their Degree or whatever before season starts....I feel sorry for the players that missed out, perhaps they should go back and get an education and apply in 12 years time.

Perhaps since some old committee persons have NICHED off before the clubs 2nd relegation maybe the reason for the hard approach.....or the events from 3-4 years ago with 'Paddy' may also be the reason, who knows?

I hear a rumour Caulfield will be up and flying this season. Have a few new recruits and promising U19 players coming through the ranks also a quality coach in Steve Lawerence. Parkdale will also undobtedly be competitve with Chris Barr being the key to there midfield.

Is it true Andrew Strain is back playing for Caulfield after a shoulder reco? From all reports he is a super player. Does any1 know anything about him ?
Look forward to hearing back from you all

I can confirm that Andrew "The Glacier" Strain is tearing up the track at the moment. His pre-season has been very solid thus far with an increase in his speed a noticeable difference. On Monday night he recorded a personal best 4 min and 51 seconds for the 100 metre dash. This PB has lifted his official ranking and he is now the second slowest man in the Oceania/Pacific region. Commiserations to Richard Foote who now holds this uncomfortable title. Everyone in the VAFA congratulates Andrew on this remarkable achievement.

I hear a rumour Caulfield will be up and flying this season. Have a few new recruits and promising U19 players coming through the ranks also a quality coach in Steve Lawerence. Parkdale will also undobtedly be competitve with Chris Barr being the key to there midfield.

Is it true Andrew Strain is back playing for Caulfield after a shoulder reco? From all reports he is a super player. Does any1 know anything about him ?
Look forward to hearing back from you all

Caulfield should be genuine contenders going on the performance of their unders performance last year.
As for Andrew Strain, I've never heard of him.
MHSOB I hear have recruited quite well and look the most impressive at this stage.

Caulfield should be genuine contenders going on the performance of their unders performance last year.
As for Andrew Strain, I've never heard of him.
MHSOB I hear have recruited quite well and look the most impressive at this stage.

How many have you looked at?1? 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

C Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back