C section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roys knock of 'nodders. Controversial goal to Fitzroy when a behind was awarded and then over-ruled into a goal by the field umpy. (apparently, I just get texts)

Good win against the Nodders, Mobbs. I know a few of the Springvale Road crew and they were confident about getting the 4 points yesterday. With 3 winnable games on the run home, and with a game and percentage in hand, averting relegation looks on the cards.

Yeah it looks fairly probable now, though better keep the eyes on the ball. Anything can happen yet.

I think both Mazenod and Fitzroy walked into that match with similar mindsets, namely "no reason why we shouldn't get four points here".

We could go as well as 5th this year, but I reckon we'll probably stay 8th. Fair bit of daylight above us at the moment.

I'm fortunate enough to get people to text msg me score updates, which I post on the Fitzroy board. It keeps me in the loop.

Great win by the Monders 9-8 to 1-4 after half time yesterday, looked gone for all money at the long break.
It was a great win by us! Late in the 3rd term we really kicked in to gear & finally had quick successive goals on the board.

A great fighting last quarter gave us a good confidence boost. 2 on the trot now & a very winnable game against OC who we should have beaten the first time around.

Great win by the Monders 9-8 to 1-4 after half time yesterday, looked gone for all money at the long break.

i think i was as stunned as you were at our home ground. Well done on a great display of windy weather football, your skills and decision making in the second half were astoundingly brilliant.

that is nearly the worst day for football i have experienced, i thought the trees were going to blow off onto the ground it
was that strong.
I remember a wet day in 2004 when in the u19's we played Old Camberwell that certainly rates with Saturday, and our Grand Final last year was very windy but Saturday it was a typhoon. What was the official km/hr reported?

Rupppo will look to the year to finish off as best they can. Our depth may come to haunt us, we have many 50/50 situations injury wise with players at our top end of our talent pool.

It was a great win by us! Late in the 3rd term we really kicked in to gear & finally had quick successive goals on the board.

A great fighting last quarter gave us a good confidence boost. 2 on the trot now & a very winnable game against OC who we should have beaten the first time around.

Big week for Bedford, not only his favourite ground but his favourite club.:D Was Lewis as time keeper last week a tryout for this week?:rolleyes:

Big week for Bedford, not only his favourite ground but his favourite club.:D Was Lewis as time keeper last week a tryout for this week?:rolleyes:
We are having a gold plated timeclock made for the Timekeepers cup this week. I hear the Wellers were reluctant to sign the Ground Report last week at Rupo due to the heavy ground ! Lewis did the last game between the two clubs without incident so he might go again.

i think i was as stunned as you were at our home ground. Well done on a great display of windy weather football, your skills and decision making in the second half were astoundingly brilliant.

that is nearly the worst day for football i have experienced, i thought the trees were going to blow off onto the ground it
was that strong.
I remember a wet day in 2004 when in the u19's we played Old Camberwell that certainly rates with Saturday, and our Grand Final last year was very windy but Saturday it was a typhoon. What was the official km/hr reported?

Rupppo will look to the year to finish off as best they can. Our depth may come to haunt us, we have many 50/50 situations injury wise with players at our top end of our talent pool.
Thanks KB, i must say your people involved with the club are as easy to deal with as any club going around. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Massive day at shark park with 100 games acheived by a veteran and 2 thrilling games. Where the sharks magoos nearly pulled off the unthinkable and the senoirs leveled the series with an emphatic win against the fields series tied at One a piece. Next match first prelim. Dont you worry Di I gave the moet chandon a bit of crack as I was out till four in the morning looking for more shame you werent there as I saw you in the distance, braving the windy conditions not coming inside the clubhouse where the prestigoius open fire takes place. However what really got me annoyed was reports coming out of the rooms with an unnamed player bringing his kid in for the team song.

All the best

Baz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive day at shark park with 100 games acheived by a veteran and 2 thrilling games. Where the sharks magoos nearly pulled off the unthinkable and the senoirs leveled the series with an emphatic win against the fields series tied at One a piece. Next match first prelim. Dont you worry Di I gave the moet chandon a bit of crack as I was out till four in the morning looking for more shame you werent there as I saw you in the distance, braving the windy conditions not coming inside the clubhouse where the prestigoius open fire takes place. However what really got me annoyed was reports coming out of the rooms with an unnamed player bringing his kid in for the team song.

All the best

Baz

I am not sure 2 goals counts as "Emphatic" but never the less it was a well deserved win by the Beauy boys. They certainly were all over Caulfield in the last. I would also hope these 2 teams meet in the 2nd Semi rather than the Prelim, but I agree it will be a cracker! Let's hope the weather at that time of year is better than it was on the weekend. I think both sides would flourish in ideal footy conditions.

Baz

What are your thoughts on players being chaired off after their 100th game?

If you are to have any chance with Di, you might have to improve the grammar in your posts (she is a scribe...).

Although you might be heading down the right path with the open fire and the Moet Chandon, I dont think you have 'ticked all the boxes' quite yet.

Maybe a date to the Lobster Cave??

I hear P Sullivan Parkdale Captain got 3 weeks last night atthe tribunal. Didnt see the incident but from all reports it was from a hip and shoulder. The bloke got up and thought it was play on. The bloke has just about played 200 senior games and is one of the fairest and hardest going around. Happened to be against Ajax and I wonder who if anyone could tell me who the umpire was. Ajax didnt want to give up the video either I hear. What a crock, surely your record should come into it. Very wrong decision on behalf of the ammos. Almost as bad as the suspension handed out to the last Captain of Parkdale against 'The Jackas'.

The story has filted through that Paul Sullivan (Parkdale Captain) was given 3 weeks by the tribunal last night for unduly rough play against Ajax on the weekend.

Anyone from care to elaborate?

I was at that game and didn't think there was anything in it other than a good solid bump, and the Ajax bloke got straight back up.

Then again, I'm not too surprised I suppose... it was a rather comical afternoon.

One of the umpires (must of been nudging 70) could hardly walk let alone run, whilst the other (a supposed A grade - sorry "Premier" umpire), who was actually taller than both team's ruckman, wouldn't move from the center of the ground.

Incidentally, I remember when he made this report, he was about 50 metres away and remember thinking he was a long way away to make the call.

Very unfortunate for Parkdale and I reckon Paul Suv could consider himself very unlucky too. This is just not in his character, he's got to be one of the toughest ball players the Ammo's.

The story has filted through that Paul Sullivan (Parkdale Captain) was given 3 weeks by the tribunal last night for unduly rough play against Ajax on the weekend.

Anyone from care to elaborate?

A Kangaroo Court is the only way to describe this crap. I think it's time that the Ammo's really have a good look at how they operate below A grade as they don't seem to pay much respect to any other Div.

The umpiring setup on Saturday for the AJAX v Parkdale matches was nothing short of farcical... the umpire in the Reserves was an old bloke who literally could not walk, and certainly couldn't keep up with the game.

Everyone knows it's now mandatory for C Grade clubs to pay the league to be supplied reserve game umpires, whilst also providing the league with an umpire to go into the pool. I have no issue with that concept, but surely you'd expect to be supplied with someone that is able-bodied to officiate the game.

And then to start the Senior game, because the 2nd umpire had failed to turn up (finally got there 10 mins in to the first), this old bugger literally demanded to the other senior guy, a so called A-grade umpire, that he would help out.

Mind you, the A-grade umpire must have had his Z-grade shorts on this day, because, he was that bad, he wasn't even close to terrible!... He walked around like a 6'6" peacock with a flagpole up his arrse and wouldn't even get into position. If you drew a line from Goal to Goal down the middle of the ground, then that's where he umpired from, he just walked up and down that line. For the majority of the day he was at least 40 metres from the action.

The funniest call of the day was actually from an Ajax supporter, who at half-time yelled... "Put the old bloke back on..."

And to top it all off, this Peacock was just a bloke too... Didn't even come in the rooms after the game for a beer - very un-Ammo like.

Now the Paul Sully incident was not even close to being reportable.

The Ajax bloke was near the boundary on Parkdale's HFF trying to gather the ball, Paul was coming at him from the flank. Sensing the upcoming pressure, the Ajax bloke fumbled the ball a bit before gathering it, looked up, turned sideways a touch and was met with a classic Sullivan bump. The Ajax bloke fumbled the ball, which Paul gathered and was about to take off. When the ump's whistle blew and he yelled too high. The Ajax bloke got straight up, and as Paul looked at the umpire a bit bemused, out comes the red card.

So, the 6.6 Peacock runs in (and the video shows it took him about 5-6 secs to even get into the frame) and tells Paul he's been booked for charging. Simply ridiculous!

The Tribunal is simply nothing short of a disgrace!

The video clearly shows Paul hip and should the bloke, and the Ajax player confirmed this at the tribunal saying the bump got him high on the shoulder. The video also shows that the umpire was simply too far away to make an accurate call.

Then, the Peacock fronts up last night and even said that Paul wasn't trying to hurt the Ajax player, yet it was unduly rough play - go figure!

And then to top it off, they don't even take into consideration Paul's playing record, which alone demonstrates that this is simply not in his character... 195 VAFA Games, 6 Best & Fairest's, Club Captain, one of the most respected players in the VAFA, a hard and courageous footballer who has NEVER been reported in his live.

At the end of the day in typical fashion, they don't listen... GUILTY AS CHARGED - 3 MATCHES!

Sholley - the tribunal system is an absolute joke, made up of ignorant imbeciles who take no opinions into consideration other than their own (let alone evidence), other than to ensure they look after their own - heaven forbid an umpire could have got it wrong - what a preposterous thought.

Goodman - the umpiring setup was a disgrace on Saturday, and when it was discovered the 2nd other umpire hadn't arrived, you weren't even contactable.

POOR FORM from VAFA HQ!

How many other Parkdale people were at the tribunal with you last night Paul? Anyone?

Can't help but think you've just made your point clear in relation to the 3 week suspension you've just copped.

If there's video shown, then the Tribunal can hardly be seen to be favoring an umpire's evidence over a player's. The camera doesn't lie - or does it? :confused:

What a disgrace (touch) football has turned into! Pretty sure paul would be shattered with the result. How can a minimum penalty for a charge that caused absolutely no harm (the ajax player thought it was a free kick and played on) be 3 weeks! They base their system around the AFL to keep nice and snuggly in bed with them but then don't take into account his clean record which they do in the AFL. 3 weeks is far too harsh! I'm not sure how other leagues like southern would have handled this. He started as a 16 year old playing senior footy, has nearly 200 games under his belt as well as a few years at vfl level and has never been reported once! It just doesn't make sense.
Spot on about the umpiring department too Cat. They probably were not contactable because their phones must have been off during one of the "premier" grades luncheons.

Unfortunately for all in C-grade, it sounds like the Peacock Umpire may be spending a little more time wallowing down in C-grade based on his performance of the weekend.
Not sure the A-grade clubs would take too kindly to a whistle blower that thinks that the reason why the game is played is so everyone can watch him stroll around the centre square! :thumbsdown::confused:

How many other Parkdale people were at the tribunal with you last night Paul? Anyone?

No Lord, I'm not Paul Suv if that's what you're inferring... but yes the the Pres and Coach went along with Paul (and I'm also neither of them).

I'm just a disgruntled punter who can't believe a bloke with Paul's record, and standing within the VAFA, can get 3 weeks for something that didn't even warrant a report.

Paul gave his evidence, the Ajax player agreed with him - it was simply an honest contest for the ball.

It's almost as if the Ammo's are trying to make a statement buying saying "please don't waste our Tuesday nights by fighting a report and making one of the brotherhood look bad - and besides, Desperate Housewives is on!"

Mate, be our guest, come down to Parkdale tomorrow night and have a look at the video yourself!

Ridiculous decision. Jerk of an umpire who is on his way from A grade to C grade and hopefully on to clubbies.
pauls little brother sure has put on some weight

i was also there watching the parky game and also cant believe the suv decision. how could the umpire possibly have spotted the bump with his head so far up his own a***! what a disgrace this flog was surely there was nothing in the bump. the ajax players or supporters werent even squelling. this umpire showed the leagues total disregard for this level of footy. he was more worried about his a grade game on sunday. what was worse than all this was having grandfather time wheeled onto the ground after the twos to start the ones game. why do we pay such fees for this bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back