C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the finals are played at Sandy, its a far better ground than the frozen tundra that is Elsternwick Park. No aptmosphere and the roundness of a Synagogue. Quite spooky really.

C Section Finals will in all likelihood be played exclusively at Sandringham as was the case last year. VAFA preference is for all grades to play at the same venue throughout the finals series and with a 3 week finals campaign and ground availability C Section will play at Sandringham, A & B will play at Elsternwick Park.

Guru Joffa said:
Parkdale Vultures

1) Paul Sullivan
2) Steve Sullivan
3) Mick Sullivan
4) Sam Hecker
5) Shane Rowley
6) & 7) Mark Sainsbery & Shane Hesline

Question Guru, how old is this Shane Hesline?

pazza said:
Can't wait for Sunday and what would appear to be the grand final preview at headquarters between Tigers and Jackas. To me, the move by the Jackas to headquarters for home games has given them a huge advantage come finals time.

It's a shame that the C Section finals are played at Sandringham, giving the Jacka's absolutely no advantage what so eva!!!

Bigfootyfan said:
SBMT Best 5 to watch

1). Sam Anstey - A class above
2) Brett Collins - 17 yrs old and is a freak
3) Luke Wintle - Hasnt been beaten at CHB all year
4) Paul Wintle - Brilliant whether forward or back
5) Luke Terrell - Loves a hanger week in week out

Anyone disagree?

You must be drunk? Juicy is number 1,2,3,4 and 5 best to watch at SBMT. 6 would be my little mate down back, D.Kinsella.

juicyskipper said:
You must be drunk? Juicy is number 1,2,3,4 and 5 best to watch at SBMT. 6 would be my little mate down back, D.Kinsella.

I've been to a few SBMT games this year. Is D. Kinsella the fat bloke with the really skinny bowed legs, who mouths off all day?

eddiesmith said:
Sandy has atmosphere? :confused:

Sandy has atmosphere in spades! for those of us lucky enough to play there in front of thousands with the likes of Brewer, Gags, Morrow, Gorra, and many other premiership players. The crowd on Can Hill gave the best sledges of all time. A real suburban ground steeped in history. Go Zebras as they head for their threepeat.

Guru Joffa said:
That'a a bit harsh greentree calling Hesline a hack??!!!!!!!!!!!
No more harsh than you have been on the rest of Parkdales players nameing him in the best. ( and I know you were only joking )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OC's top five this year IMO

Loats
Mitchell
Heffernan
Hough
De Sanctis

clearly would include Lowerson should he return.

Bigfootyfan said:
SBMT Best 5 to watch

1). Sam Anstey - A class above
2) Brett Collins - 17 yrs old and is a freak
3) Luke Wintle - Hasnt been beaten at CHB all year
4) Paul Wintle - Brilliant whether forward or back
5) Luke Terrell - Loves a hanger week in week out

Anyone disagree?
Tyquin must easily be in the best five to watch along with Sawyers and Michael Wintle. Scafidi is not bad to watch either when he is in full flight.

Morning all,

Red will be the first in with his 5 winners this week:

Rovers v Monash - must go with the students who are in serious trouble of joining the two green teams int he rlegation battle if they drop this one

parade v nobs - nobs in a canter. With Rowdy going under the knife the poor OP will not enter the winners circle again this season. D section next year and here's an early tip, get on them for the flag in that comp - boundy in D Grade (will be unstoppable ) plus a very good crop of U/19's coming up.

Parkdale v Reds - the roy does not mind Parkdale - but this is a huge game and could go a long way to deciding 4th place. Reds will begin their surge to september in this one - must watch that Sullivan lad though Burgs (I know the coach with the best spies in the land will already know this but it doesn't hurt to remind him) - he can seriously play - word is he had 40 odd touches against the OC. Reds to win by 5 goals.

the OC v Ormond - monders by a mile and the OC are in strife. They may have the giant in the square but that is all and reds mail is that he is still out.

Jackas v Tiggies - sunday game at headquarters. Roy may even venture south of the river twice in the one weekend (not sure if this requires a visa) to look at this one. Jackas use the space at EP very well, Lewski, Ritterman and co will carve up the tigers and we will see the lack of tiger pace exposed. Jackas by 6 goals.

Enjoy the weekend,

Roy

Red Roy said:
Morning all,

the roy is here to brighten everyones day. I see quitely confident has made some interesting remarks. I agree with his theme of the tigers faltering (last 2 weeks show that they are indeed vulnerable) but I don't know that a personal attack on the coach is the way to go. Roy considers himself above such things, come on quitely confident, have ago at the whole lot of em not just the coach!!

The roys will be back on track this week, and here are my tips

Roy Boys v Parade - 10 goals in round 1 - closer to 20 this time. No Boundy, no parade

Ormond v Nobs - killer is a gem in the burgo mould and the nobs are starting to hit their straps. Nobs by 20 points

OC v Blues - OC have lost the plot. Doesn't matter how many the giant in the goal square kicks, they are gone. Blues in a canter.

Jackas v Parkdale - Jackas will avenge round 1 loss in style. 10 goal win coming up

Rovers v Tigers - TAC week off, rovers will be young quick and hungry on the big ground and the tigers faltering form will be exposed. The tigers won't be ale to keep up with the pacy rovers.

That is all

Red Roy
Roy, you know you I am one of your biggest fans but I just thought I would revisit your predictions of a few weeks ago. The parade game was much closer than you predicted. The Blues in a canter prediction was way off the mark in hindsight( oc won by 40!) and Hampotn got pumped.
In light of this weeks predictions, I just thought I would remind you of these.
Reds are due for some luck though.

Weekend selections

Rovers v Students...rovers won the correspoding game at Uni easy last time - more pain for the students as Rovers will just win

Vultures v Reds - Bayside suburbs and travel in 2006 are not good recipe for success for the 2005 promotion team - Parky by 28 points

Jackas v Tigers - the for and against points of both teams says it all - Tigers by 33 points (just love the Red Roy trying to find a new Tiger theory don't ya)

Cobs v Parade - corn on the cobs easy - 50 points

Monders vs The OC's - former Tour de France winner Greg Le' boys in a stroll - by 48 wheel spokes

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Weekend selections

Rovers v Students...rovers won the correspoding game at Uni easy last time - more pain for the students as Rovers will just win

Vultures v Reds - Bayside suburbs and travel in 2006 are not good recipe for success for the 2005 promotion team - Parky by 28 points

Jackas v Tigers - the for and against points of both teams says it all - Tigers by 33 points (just love the Red Roy trying to find a new Tiger theory don't ya)

Cobs v Parade - corn on the cobs easy - 50 points

Monders vs The OC's - former Tour de France winner Greg Le' boys in a stroll - by 48 wheel spokes

Sorry RCT my picks wont be as witty as yours but here goes,

Monash to win, they should be over their holiday hangover
Parkdale, if for no other reason than being able to hang it on RED for a week.
Tigers, Ajax disappointing last week,Thought they would win by more.
NOBs at home
Ormond to be too good.

Jackas disappointing last week? They won with 16 fit men down by 4 goals with 7 minutes to go. It sounded like the most courageous win you could imagine. Will test SBMT, no doubt about it, but neither team at full strength i am hearing.

Saintly5 said:
Jackas disappointing last week? They won with 16 fit men down by 4 goals with 7 minutes to go. It sounded like the most courageous win you could imagine. Will test SBMT, no doubt about it, but neither team at full strength i am hearing.

Didn't know the details, thought they would beat the Reds by at least 10 goals.

Mobbenfuhrer said:
Yep, and the Fitzroy Jrs were in papers recent years refusing to play a player whose parent was vocally abusive. So it seems its pretty much the reverse of the above implication.

Obviously it's one rule for the parents and another for the players. His name is Michael M, go watch him play an absolute goose.

He'll play C grade amatuers next season, which even though it's ordinary footy would be too good for his ability, he'd fit right in in the WRFL or DVFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back