C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
back on track with 4 out of 5 winners this week that were not that difficult...great win for the NOBS...who was it that thought up the idea of standing in Port Phillip Bay helps recovery...nothing like a 'Jim Beam and the Coca Cola type Coke with registered name and all the details' to recover from a knock or too post match is there!

Recruiting rumours are always interesting aren't they...would think it difficult to see Brad Boyd travelling from his Mornington base where he works selling real estate to Garvey every second week for a kick for his old school especially with Saturday's being a 'busy' day in his chosen profession.

Tigers focus is firmly on 2006 make no mistake and have enourmous player resources to call upon at present and for remainder of this year, but a successful club is always looking ahead. With no less than 10 of their club having played for Sandy Dragons TAC team this year already, and U19 & U/17 teams in top two in their divisions they will attract more young players naturally. They will however continue to look to recruit quality players/people to their club where they can I'm sure so no suprise that they could be talking to a recently retired AFL player for 2007.

Great local derby at Brindisi Street on Saturday...terrific crowd and post match...heard the Tigers pre match lunch with 100 people present was a beauty also.

RCT.

DG-Man said:
I have more chance than reds do of playing finals, and i am not even an Amatuer club!

Tough run home for Reds.

Reds vs St.B
Nobs vs Reds
Reds vs Blues
Orm vs Reds
Reds vs Rovers

My winners in bold. I can't see Reds registering a win until rd.18

Will that be enough to keep them up??

Fair call DG Man, well documented. I am relying on one of the 2nd-last and 3rd-last matches going the Reds way as well, which ought to be enough. 1 win alone would be pretty scary.

Mobbenfuhrer said:
Fair call DG Man, well documented. I am relying on one of the 2nd-last and 3rd-last matches going the Reds way as well, which ought to be enough. 1 win alone would be pretty scary.

Ormond haven't beaten the reds for a long, long time..anywhere. I think there are four more wins for the reds who will sneak in and beat Ormond again in the final, then onto a prelim!

ROY??

overtheline said:
Ormond haven't beaten the reds for a long, long time..anywhere. I think there are four more wins for the reds who will sneak in and beat Ormond again in the final, then onto a prelim!

ROY??

I think ormond will smash the reds. They will have the opportunity to send the reds and roy back to D grade. that would be sweet revenge for the monders and will be the incentive to get them over the line.

I think the Reds are a shattered side now . . . . their loss on the weekend emphasised they are racing nowhere quickly in C Grade and need to overhaul their system. A long long way behind the pacesetters in this league.

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
back on track with 4 out of 5 winners this week that were not that difficult...great win for the NOBS...who was it that thought up the idea of standing in Port Phillip Bay helps recovery...nothing like a 'Jim Beam and the Coca Cola type Coke with registered name and all the details' to recover from a knock or too post match is there!

Recruiting rumours are always interesting aren't they...would think it difficult to see Brad Boyd travelling from his Mornington base where he works selling real estate to Garvey every second week for a kick for his old school especially with Saturday's being a 'busy' day in his chosen profession.

Tigers focus is firmly on 2006 make no mistake and have enourmous player resources to call upon at present and for remainder of this year, but a successful club is always looking ahead. With no less than 10 of their club having played for Sandy Dragons TAC team this year already, and U19 & U/17 teams in top two in their divisions they will attract more young players naturally. They will however continue to look to recruit quality players/people to their club where they can I'm sure so no suprise that they could be talking to a recently retired AFL player for 2007.

Great local derby at Brindisi Street on Saturday...terrific crowd and post match...heard the Tigers pre match lunch with 100 people present was a beauty also.

RCT.
Interesting point about Boyd. I raised the same point and was told that I should not assume that he and his young family are staying in Mornington next year. I was also told that the Old Paradians have signed up a local real estate agent as a major sponsor and this is where the pieces of the jigsaw fit together.

Been sitting on this for a few weeks now but here goes. Old Camberwell had very constructive talks with an ex afl player before rego deadline. Were very keen to register him but not sure if it went through. This player is required in melb on sun mornings and is understood to be playing either this week or next. Is a certainty next year though.

Everyday Spelling said:
Been sitting on this for a few weeks now but here goes. Old Camberwell had very constructive talks with an ex afl player before rego deadline. Were very keen to register him but not sure if it went through. This player is required in melb on sun mornings and is understood to be playing either this week or next. Is a certainty next year though.
Is it a dual premiership skipper

i make sense said:
I think ormond will smash the reds. They will have the opportunity to send the reds and roy back to D grade. that would be sweet revenge for the monders and will be the incentive to get them over the line.

Roy has sobered up after a couple of day bender to get over the weekend and returns with some words of wisdom:

As for you I make sense - more like You speak Nonsense !!

Everyone knows the monders are already worried about their last two games of the year against the Roy boys followed by the Tigers. Could be anastry couple of weeks to end the year, Roys are not going back to D Grade you poor deluded individual.

Last two weeks have been poor, but the Reds haven't won 3 flags in 5 years without showing some character and that will start with this weekend. I know Burgo and the team will have a few surprises for Luke Beveridge and the Tigers that will see us back on track.

Some interesting results last weekend - local boy, you let me down - I thought you were back to your vintage best after carving up the reds (albeit as a lose man in defence) and felt sure you would lead Parky to victory in the local derby - not so I see.

Ormond very lucky to scrape in against the D Grade bound Rovers - getting shaky down at the Gunn

Great win from Nobs. Pity they had such poor start to the season, could have done some damage. Funny mob the jackas - should have won that game but obviously on a let down after they were robbed against the tigers.

Students as predicted.

Big weekend coming up. All you people predicting the death of the Reds - get to Brunswick St to see a lazarus like revival as we begin our march to September and ultimate glory.

That is all - rest of Reds tips later in the week. I'm sure you are all waiting with baited breath.

Roy

overtheline said:

ROY??
Not sure either side will make finals. Monash and Old Camberwell to fill out the four with one of them to upset AJAX in the prelim. Reds to just escape relegation as Parade fall at the last hurdle.

Red Roy said:
Roy has sobered up after a couple of day bender to get over the weekend and returns with some words of wisdom:

Everyone knows the monders are already worried about their last two games of the year against the Roy boys followed by the Tigers. Could be anastry couple of weeks to end the year, Roys are not going back to D Grade you poor deluded individual.

Last two weeks have been poor, but the Reds haven't won 3 flags in 5 years without showing some character and that will start with this weekend. I know Burgo and the team will have a few surprises for Luke Beveridge and the Tigers that will see us back on track.

Some interesting results last weekend - local boy, you let me down - I thought you were back to your vintage best after carving up the reds (albeit as a lose man in defence) and felt sure you would lead Parky to victory in the local derby - not so I see.

Ormond very lucky to scrape in against the D Grade bound Rovers - getting shaky down at the Gunn

Great win from Nobs. Pity they had such poor start to the season, could have done some damage. Funny mob the jackas - should have won that game but obviously on a let down after they were robbed against the tigers.

Students as predicted.

Big weekend coming up. All you people predicting the death of the Reds - get to Brunswick St to see a lazarus like revival as we begin our march to September and ultimate glory.

That is all - rest of Reds tips later in the week. I'm sure you are all waiting with baited breath.

Roy

Parkdale beat Reds by 10 goals + SBMT beat Parky by 10 Goals = SBMT to beat Reds by 20 Goals?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Roy said:

Roy

Roy it has become increasingly clear as the year has progressed that you are the deluded individual. it has been suggested that you hit the bottle hard. I think the reds team doctor should check your arms for track marks, perhaps heroin is your fix? would explain the fantasy land you live in, where the clouds are made of marshmellows and the reds are a good team!!

week in, week out, you post utter crap that is proven wrong on most occasions. As for you getting back on track this week, well, the only track your on is the one leading to D grade.

OC's knocked over an unimpressive Reds last week and will be further improved by a couple of great pick ups this weekend. Loats and Whelan will be in for sure and there is a massive 'in' predicted .

I've been crook and haven't attended training in the past 2 weeks but I'm told that there's plenty of hype down there at the moment.

Red Roy said:

I'd hardly say things are getting shaky, in third spot, sitting nicely at the moment, sure things could change, but stop trying to deflect the attention from Reds relegation talk.

Maybe look in your own backyard before you worry about other clubs.

And to think we were lucky to scrape in against Hampton, righto, you were obviously there & saw the game, 3 junk time goals in the last to make the margin look respectable. Went from 27 pts to 9pts in dying minutes, never in any danger to lose.

Get back on the sauce you deluded man.

looked on the VAFA site and there are no new clearances to Old Camberwell, so clearance would have to have been lodged in early June.. sounds like a furphy... If you are wondering what i am talking about go here
http://www.vafa.com.au/?s=results
and click on the clearances option at the top of the page- gives all recent clearances up to the senior deadline

OK...let's face it..the OC's need more than one 'big in' and hype(your kidding) at training , they are one game better off in the win column than the Reds & NOBS and two more than the Rovers and Paradians...middle of the road at best.

After this weeks games each club has two home games and two away games to decide/set up their fate for 2006 & 2007.

All positions apart from one are up for grabs..those who dare win..those who fear lose.....

Tips for this week in nice and early are:

Tigers over the Reds..Red Roy will be out back lawn bowling by half time
Vultures over the COBS...close one at Parkdale tipped
Blues over the Jackas...reckon the Students will win again
Rovers overs the Wellers..blustery day at David Street won't help the big in
Paradians over the Monders...heavy track won't suit the lads from the Gunn

Flagons HO!...to the stands at Brunswick RED ROY me Boy..McWilliams Cream Sherry on special at Nancarrows this week $2.35......urgghhh

OK...let's face it..the OC's need more than one 'big in' and hype(your kidding) at training , they are one game better off in the win column than the Reds & NOBS and two more than the Rovers and Paradians...middle of the road at best.

After this weeks games each club has two home games and two away games to decide/set up their fate for 2006 & 2007.

All positions apart from one are up for grabs..those who dare win..those who fear lose.....

Flagons HO!...to the stands at Brunswick RED ROY me Boy..McWilliams Cream Sherry on special at Nancarrows this week $2.35......urgghhh

Think I will go with all your predictions RCT. Am i right in saying that ST bedes(obviously!) and OC are the only sides that haven't lost twice to any side?
Reds will be better this week.

You may be right about Blues over the Jackers, have heard that it was a shocker on the track for the Jackers last night - trying to toughen them up in the wake of "soft as butter" comments from the COBS crowds.

My sources from AXA inform me that Greg Porteous was training at Parade last night and will lace up the boots this weekend and spearhead their attack. Apparently body is healed and fitter than ever after a triathlon training program??

From the Pile said:
You may be right about Blues over the Jackers, have heard that it was a shocker on the track for the Jackers last night - trying to toughen them up in the wake of "soft as butter" comments from the COBS crowds.

My sources from AXA inform me that Greg Porteous was training at Parade last night and will lace up the boots this weekend and spearhead their attack. Apparently body is healed and fitter than ever after a triathlon training program??

I have also been told that Porteous has been training and will play the rest of the season. With the loss of their skipper he could make a difference over the next 5 weeks.

South of the Yarra said:
I have also been told that Porteous has been training and will play the rest of the season. With the loss of their skipper he could make a difference over the next 5 weeks.

You have to get the ball down to Porteous and I'm afraid that the Parade onballers will be to busy playing piggy on a spit!!! D stands for Donuts that the parade blokes should lay off and the grade they will be playing in next year................

Supa Frank said:
You have to get the ball down to Porteous and I'm afraid that the Parade onballers will be to busy playing piggy on a spit!!! D stands for Donuts that the parade blokes should lay off and the grade they will be playing in next year................

'D' also stands for desperation, and they will be certain to display this on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back