C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
caveman said:
What do people think of Fitzroys chances? They only dropped 1 game last season. Uni Blacks went straight through to B grade in consecutive seasons. Could Fitzroy do it?

I am assuming, as has been the case with the previous Reds seasons when up a division, consolidation will be the priority. I cant speak for 'em but whether they make finals in 2006 isnt something that I'd lose sleep over as a fan. Primarily, start with making sure 8th place is the lowest the Reds can finish.

That said, there's so much talk about who's gonna win it, but who's odds-on to drop through to D1 in 2007? Who isn't looking crash-hot?

No 'easybeats' in C Section this year unless Ormond & Reds are not up to it.
NOBs may also find it tough. Over last 12 years I think only 5 teams have returned immediately to 'B' the following year.
Monash had an ordinary year in 05 after finishing 3rd in 04. Not sure about them.
Most of the others seem to have gained a few & lost a few !

franky norton said:
im sure the thoughts of "the Kid" are not taken by the club as a whole, as they r normally not one to be seen as cocky. im sure they would be more than happy to just go on about there business by training hard and not have to worry about stupid comments made by someone from the outside looking in, who im sure enjoys indoor cricket and i know the kid knows what im talking about

Actually Franky, im not sure i do know what your talking about. Would you like to elaborate? If you think you know me then you are terribly mistaken. Better luck with the next guess deadbeat.

Get Smart, ive heard a rumour that would suggest otherwise. From the horses mouth, Shane Valenti has re-signed with Old Haileybury. Will be interesting to see which club he plays at. Not sure that it will matter too much, think he is too good to miss out on a game at VFL level.

Just curious given that it is amatuer football and presumably nobody is on the payroll. When people talk of a player "signing" with a club what are they refering to? Is it the registration papers or some sort of contract or just the fact that a player is training with a club?

Trapper said:
Just curious given that it is amatuer football and presumably nobody is on the payroll. When people talk of a player "signing" with a club what are they refering to? Is it the registration papers or some sort of contract or just the fact that a player is training with a club?

Reputably every player who plays ammos, does it for the love of the game. So to answer your question. All a player is doing is sign up to play. It is not a contract.

the Kid, that is what ive heard from people and another thing i have heard is that Stuart Loewe will be putting on the boots for the tigers this year. if so the tigers will be looking even better for the 2006 C Grade Premiership.

Best we just all wait until Round 1 when the teams are settled. All this rumouring and "word on the street" and "I've heard" gets a bit tiresome really.

Or does that not give us anything to talk about over summer

Frankly, if the Tigers do have a list as strong as appears to be, I think having Stewart Leowe pull on the boots would be counter-productive wouldn't it?

I'd expect he'd provide the odd game here or there, but it would be better to concentrate on the current playing list than wonder if Buckets is going to play or not. In 2004, the word was he'd play regularly for Haileybury, but I think he only managed 5 games. Kicked a couple of bags and was useful, but 2 years' on.....can't see him providing any long term assistance.

In any event, Trapper, no registrations have been processed yet as we (i.e. registration secretaries) are all undergoing on-line training this week, so all this talk of players 'signing' with a club is misguided at best.

If (as it appears) Old Haileybury aren't able to convert old boys in regular players, they may start to struggle as their list is very,very old.

Max Leader said:
Scribe.

For the uninformed. Will all VAFA registrations be electronic for 2006?

I believe so - the letter I received from the VAFA said all 2005 forms were obsolete as they're going fully on-line in 2006.

Will find it all out tonight as I get to skip training (phew - after the weekend footy camp, that's a relief) and get a one hour tutorial on how to use the new system. Rivetting I'm sure, but I'll spare the forum users any gritty details!!:D

GetSmart said:
another recruit for the St Bedes Mentone Tigers in Ross Mulquiney from Old Melburnians. Won there B&F 2 seasons ago and is another big gun to come down to the tigers.

Word has it that he got kicked out of OM's. Now i know some clubs take Amateur footy seriously, but i would have thought it was impossible to get kicked out of a club.

Destination A Grade said:
Word has it that he got kicked out of OM's. Now i know some clubs take Amateur footy seriously, but i would have thought it was impossible to get kicked out of a club.

If the senior coach advised the player(s) that they wouldn't be selected on a Saturday and their presence at the club would no longer be welcomed due to the unsettling influence they had on the rest of the playing group, then that'd amount to being kicked out of the club wouldn't it?

No point turning up to training if you're guaranteed not to get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scribe said:
If the senior coach advised the player(s) that they wouldn't be selected on a Saturday and their presence at the club would no longer be welcomed due to the unsettling influence they had on the rest of the playing group, then that'd amount to being kicked out of the club wouldn't it?

No point turning up to training if you're guaranteed not to get a game.

I guess it would.

Unsettling Influences - interesting!

Keen Observer said:
It's great to have some cockiness as we approach the season. Last year it was Blacks & Camberwell who were predicting undefeated seasons. The former won the Premiership but lost a few games ( 2 to Paradians & 1 to C'well) while the latter showed their true colours by 'choking' in the finals.
C Section was a reasonable standard and very even.
Who will be the challengers to St Bedes ?????

Well, where do you get that rubbish about balcks and oc "predicting"undefeated seasons? Absolute crap as I know people in both camps and THEY certainly didn't predict that. Obviously, you are an old paradian.
Stbedes/fitzroy gf for certain, nobs to struggle, camberwell have lost heaps-i hear about 14!! Will struggle as will parade without harford.
fianl four..Fitzroy, st bedes, ajax, hampton

relgation??
parkdale, ormond, camberwell

overtheline said:
Well, where do you get that rubbish about balcks and oc "predicting"undefeated seasons? Absolute crap as I know people in both camps and THEY certainly didn't predict that. Obviously, you are an old paradian.
Stbedes/fitzroy gf for certain, nobs to struggle, camberwell have lost heaps-i hear about 14!! Will struggle as will parade without harford.
fianl four..Fitzroy, st bedes, ajax, hampton

relgation??
parkdale, ormond, camberwell

Well I love to talk up the Reds and think they're in with a chance and definitely 'show promise', but I reckon a GF might be a big ask first season into C Grade. "Just happy to be here" is how I'm starting 2006 :)

Mobbenfuhrer said:
Well I love to talk up the Reds and think they're in with a chance and definitely 'show promise', but I reckon a GF might be a big ask first season into C Grade. "Just happy to be here" is how I'm starting 2006 :)

Well said Mobbs! Its all about consolidation in C grade. It is the first time out of the D sections and there is no looking back! :thumbsu:

caveman said:
Well said Mobbs! Its all about consolidation in C grade. It is the first time out of the D sections and there is no looking back! :thumbsu:

Come on guys, trying to put a lid on it already!! let's looks at recent history of the "graduate" premier from D1.
2002 St Leos -premiers d1 then first year in C?? Prelim final 2003
2003 Monash-preniers D1....first year in C? Prelim final 2004
2004 Blacks-premiers d1..first year in C? Premiers 2005

So, I don't think it is unreasonable to say the REDS are "overtheline".
I am happy to stand by myfinal four predictions and my relegents.
reds, sbmt, alax, hampton

Word has it Parkdale are struggling big time!! So, with all the departures at c'well, I reckon they are the two in trouble.

Very good points made by you, overtheline. i also heard the same whisper about parkdale too. the info os the same about camberwell too. i'm led to believe that they are in dire straits. there has been a series of crisis meetings about the player walkout - it's more than 14, let me tell you!!!

no doubt in my mind that camberwell and parkdale will go down. my info indicates that camberwell are already planning for d1 in 2007!!!

FootyFreak69 said:
Very good points made by you, overtheline. i also heard the same whisper about parkdale too. the info os the same about camberwell too. i'm led to believe that they are in dire straits. there has been a series of crisis meetings about the player walkout - it's more than 14, let me tell you!!!

no doubt in my mind that camberwell and parkdale will go down. my info indicates that camberwell are already planning for d1 in 2007!!!

Well i haven't quite heard about the crisis meetings but I certainly heard about the departures and more importantly, very few additions. I work with a bloke involved there so I will see what I can get from him. They did have a very old side last year, so it's really not a surprise.
As for Parkdale, heard that they have been getting 12 at training and have lost heaps via Garry Colling's appointment at Morniington?? and also a few back to st Bedes.
I repeat, fitzroy to play st Bedes in the GF...daylight the rest no matter how hard the reds fans try to deny the recent history I outlined a few posts ago.

overtheline said:
Well i haven't quite heard about the crisis meetings but I certainly heard about the departures and more importantly, very few additions. I work with a bloke involved there so I will see what I can get from him. They did have a very old side last year, so it's really not a surprise.
As for Parkdale, heard that they have been getting 12 at training and have lost heaps via Garry Colling's appointment at Morniington?? and also a few back to st Bedes.
I repeat, fitzroy to play st Bedes in the GF...daylight the rest no matter how hard the reds fans try to deny the recent history I outlined a few posts ago.

I think you guys are underestimating a side from the north who at the present time have only lost 1 senior player - Harford. And he only played about 8 - 10 games last year.

Parade finished 3rd, have a very strong young list(last 2 under 19 premierships) and boast the best player playing in C Grade!!
Fitzroy will be strong and St Bedes may have recruited well but thier past records away from their postage stamp have been far from impressive.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves!!!

overtheline said:

Mate I think Fitzroy are more than a chance to play finals but I was just stating that generally when you get promoted the first thing you worry about is not sliding back down a year later.

Fitzroy had a great season in D1 and I am full of optimism this season but it wont be the end of the world if we dont get promoted but it will be if we end back in D1!

By the way is there anywhere you can check what players have signed and departed for all the clubs?

GO FITZROY! :thumbsu:

oldtimer said:
I think you guys are underestimating a side from the north who at the present time have only lost 1 senior player - Harford. And he only played about 8 - 10 games last year.

Parade finished 3rd, have a very strong young list(last 2 under 19 premierships) and boast the best player playing in C Grade!!
Fitzroy will be strong and St Bedes may have recruited well but thier past records away from their postage stamp have been far from impressive.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves!!!

We may have only played 8-10 but we won about 6 off his own boot! wouldn't have made prelim without him!
I can name several players better than boundy!
All academic anyway, reds are "overtheline"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back