C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scribe said:
Given I have a vested/VAFA interest in C Grade for 2006 (as the Amateur Footballer scribe), I warmly encourage the banter to continue. In my own (biased) view, C Grade will be a belter this year, with so many clubs having obvious reasons for optimism.

Cheers
Fraser Cameron

Scribe, will Monsieur Horn be bombarding us with his wit and humour again in 2006? I'll be the first to admit that his writing style generates the occasional chortle from me, but his Amateur football knowledge leaves a lot to be desired. eg the GF tipping debacle.

Will the doyen of the VAFA- Tommy Brain be handling B grade again? i'm looking forward to another year of cliches from the Brain Train. In fairness to Tommy, it hasn't looked like he has been receiving much help from the B grade clubs in terms of info and match reports for the past few years.

overtheline said:
Yeh right sav..let's hear your wisdom on the clubs or don't you have the knowledge?

Settle down OTL. I quite enjoyed your recent banter with the oldtimer. My comment regarding your intelligence was a cheap shot. Apologies.
But remember, don't confuse stats and rumour that no-one else has the time or inclination to verify as wisdom. I look forward to the next installment of OTL vs Oldtimer.

big sav said:
Settle down OTL. I quite enjoyed your recent banter with the oldtimer. My comment regarding your intelligence was a cheap shot. Apologies.
But remember, don't confuse stats and rumour that no-one else has the time or inclination to verify as wisdom. I look forward to the next installment of OTL vs Oldtimer.

don't worry I have a firm grasp of reality and know the difference between stas and rumour. AS I said, i have given my predictions for the four and relegants, will you?
Just in case you missed it
four- Reds. st bedes, ajax, hampton

relegation-parkdale, Camberwell, Ormond

Let's hear it Sav! Reds are ..."overtheline", refer recent hisory of promoted premiers to Di

[four- Reds. st bedes, ajax, hampton
relegation-parkdale, Camberwell, Ormond]

Your 'four' may well be on the money, especially Hampton. They had a terrible run with injuries last year & Ajax , at times, were unbeatable.

As for your 'relegation' sides - Camberwell were one of only 2 teams to beat Blacks last year & were very capable. Not sure the departures are as bad as reported in some posts. Parkdale sat 2nd or 3rd all year until a late season 'blow out'.
This would be a huge slide for these teams !

C section was very competitive in 05. More inclined to think Monash, Ormond & maybe NOBs will be near the bottom.

Keen Observer said:
[four- Reds. st bedes, ajax, hampton
relegation-parkdale, Camberwell, Ormond]

Your 'four' may well be on the money, especially Hampton. They had a terrible run with injuries last year & Ajax , at times, were unbeatable.

As for your 'relegation' sides - Camberwell were one of only 2 teams to beat Blacks last year & were very capable. Not sure the departures are as bad as reported in some posts. Parkdale sat 2nd or 3rd all year until a late season 'blow out'.
This would be a huge slide for these teams !

C section was very competitive in 05. More inclined to think Monash, Ormond & maybe NOBs will be near the bottom.

Yes. some fair points there keen. Time will tell I suppose but I can assure you the Parkdale /Camberwell losses are not folklore, but true. Plenty of sides have made similiar slides-refer St leos who went from prelim to relgation
Monash were/are a talented side who will relish a new coach. Ormond we agree ..
Nobs will survive for mine.

overtheline said:
Yes. some fair points there keen. Time will tell I suppose but I can assure you the Parkdale /Camberwell losses are not folklore, but true. Plenty of sides have made similiar slides-refer St leos who went from prelim to relgation
Monash were/are a talented side who will relish a new coach. Ormond we agree ..
Nobs will survive for mine.

For what it's worth, I know Macca reasonably well and he is pretty confident of a good showing. He has lost some talent backto St edes as they did not want to play against their long time friends. The Tigers had better be strong, a lot of my mates play there and they are pumping it up. I hope they dont make the mistake of taking C grade for granted.
Old Camberwell and Parade will make up the other 2 finals spots.
NOBS for the double drop along with Ormond.

brian speaking said:
For what it's worth, I know Macca reasonably well and he is pretty confident of a good showing. He has lost some talent backto St edes as they did not want to play against their long time friends. The Tigers had better be strong, a lot of my mates play there and they are pumping it up. I hope they dont make the mistake of taking C grade for granted.
Old Camberwell and Parade will make up the other 2 finals spots.
NOBS for the double drop along with Ormond.

I will stick to parkdale and camberwell for relgation....confident of that!

candy_pants said:
Scribe, will Monsieur Horn be bombarding us with his wit and humour again in 2006? I'll be the first to admit that his writing style generates the occasional chortle from me, but his Amateur football knowledge leaves a lot to be desired. eg the GF tipping debacle.

Will the doyen of the VAFA- Tommy Brain be handling B grade again? i'm looking forward to another year of cliches from the Brain Train. In fairness to Tommy, it hasn't looked like he has been receiving much help from the B grade clubs in terms of info and match reports for the past few years.

Candy,

As I understand it, The Hornet will continue to pen pages 3 and 4, but the front page Editorial has been handballed to Cameron Noakes another writer with previous experience writing for the VAFA in The Age/Hun. It was Horn's call, because he was too busy to do both. Tommy continues in B and I got the call up from the backblocks of U19 writing because Harro's work/family commitments will prevent him from getting out and about much in '06.

Looks like the rumour mill in C Grade is working brilliantly. Re: Old Camberwell, my mail has come from one of our old physios who has been freelancing and did a couple of sessions down there in early Feb. She was surprised how the training sessions were run and felt the gap between their preparation and ours (Trinity) was pretty large. She understood they had some large gaps in their playing list to fill and things weren't looking too flash.

However, there's still 7 weeks remaining before the season starts and anything could happen. Having been in the similar situations before ('03 and '05) at my club, it's tough covering for departing stars, but the younger players often relish the opportunity and may surprise themselves, as well as their opponents!!!

Who knows? That's the beauty of VAFA footy I guess....

PS - juicy, get off this forum unless you can provide some useful comments rather than bagging blokes. Also, throwing in the fact you now play A grade adds no weight to your vacuous murmurings.

Scribe said:
Candy,

As I understand it, The Hornet will continue to pen pages 3 and 4, but the front page Editorial has been handballed to Cameron Noakes another writer with previous experience writing for the VAFA in The Age/Hun. It was Horn's call, because he was too busy to do both. Tommy continues in B and I got the call up from the backblocks of U19 writing because Harro's work/family commitments will prevent him from getting out and about much in '06.

Looks like the rumour mill in C Grade is working brilliantly. Re: Old Camberwell, my mail has come from one of our old physios who has been freelancing and did a couple of sessions down there in early Feb. She was surprised how the training sessions were run and felt the gap between their preparation and ours (Trinity) was pretty large. She understood they had some large gaps in their playing list to fill and things weren't looking too flash.

However, there's still 7 weeks remaining before the season starts and anything could happen. Having been in the similar situations before ('03 and '05) at my club, it's tough covering for departing stars, but the younger players often relish the opportunity and may surprise themselves, as well as their opponents!!!

Who knows? That's the beauty of VAFA footy I guess....

PS - juicy, get off this forum unless you can provide some useful comments rather than bagging blokes. Also, throwing in the fact you now play A grade adds no weight to your vacuous murmurings.

Scribe, must say it is exactly what I have heard re the gaps in the playing list. It was nice of you to identify your physio friend..sure she will appreciate that!!

Do those three brothers still play at Nobs? From memory there were two good ones and one sh#t one.

Whilst it is true Old Camberwell have lost a 'swag' of good players from their '05 list, predictions of a suddden exit from C grade are foolish in the extreme.
The retirements of Credlin and Batzloff ,along with the departure for 12 months of Durling, leave OC short of talls,however they have recruited well in other areas and thus have 'covered' many of the supposed gaps.

Opponents will find a younger,hungrier, more focused group than in the past and may be in for a big surprise if OC is taken lightly.

I'm not predicting finishing spots this far out,but talk of relegation is absurd, as the competition will see when the side appears for Round 1.
Many of those 'departures' in '06 will be returning in '07, so the future is pretty fine at Gordon Barnard.

Hope this little note clears up the current misconceptions about the direction the club is taking.:thumbsu: :)

Zoofest,

Got to love your passion for the OC's. I remember a day at Bulleen when Doc Inkster was at is formidable best! Looking forward to 07, as my beloved Old Carey will be joining you in C-Grade. Then we can have some solid banter!
PS - I watched that game at camberwell last year when you played home against AJAX. It was a very high standard game with the lead changing 2-3 times in the final 5 minutes. Can't remember who won, but 2 quality sides. I can't imagine the loss of a couple of talls could send OC's down to D-Grade!:) :thumbsu:

C Grade seems full of sides with vry sound home records - but to say they will go undefeated is massive call at this stage.

I think C Grade top side may only go 14-4 myself, but a very close top 5 will follow - maybe 1 or 2 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, 7 weeks is a very long time in VAFA football. Who knows ? A star receuit may appear at any of these clubs - like Old Camberwell - in the next few weeks !

There is a strong chance Camberwell will struggle in 2006 with depth for their 'best' players - but overall I think they will survive the cut at the end of 2006 with enough wins and a senior coach who knows the value of a strong percentage !

St Bedes given their solid B Grade record have been relegated in good shape. A fierce home record ensures they will be a finals contender.

NOBS on the other hand came down in a worse state and their finals ambition are somewhat clouded still - a lot of changes in Brunswick thus far.

Old paradians - 3rd in 2005 - have a hand given their home record and experience at this level. Not a quick side, they find it tough on the road some weeks.

Ajax, Monash and Old Camberwell all will win games in this league and look like great sides are varying times of the season. Monash of this trio are very much an 'x factor'. . ..

Then there are those promoted and the Reds of Fitzroy are being discussed more than AWB it seems - a big jump in class but defeats are not in the new culture there and big things expected ?

So does that help ? Not really. I think you will find St Bedes at Brindisi will be extremely tough to roll , Reds will be prominent and a few teams in the middle may show their fans hope of a B Grade gig in the coming years.

i'll give you the hot tip. Apparently, down at brindisi st two applications have been submitted to the council for renovation to the ground. The first is to extend each end by 5m and widen the wings by 2.5m each. If this is rejected the second application is to buy the oval off the city of Kingston, thus giving them the licence to do as they plaese. mind you this would probably result in them bringing in the boundary ensuring it is the smallest postage stamp in Australia.

i make sense said:
i'll give you the hot tip. Apparently, down at brindisi st two applications have been submitted to the council for renovation to the ground. The first is to extend each end by 5m and widen the wings by 2.5m each. If this is rejected the second application is to buy the oval off the city of Kingston, thus giving them the licence to do as they plaese. mind you this would probably result in them bringing in the boundary ensuring it is the smallest postage stamp in Australia.

It's not so much the size that is the problem but more so the surface... absolutely terrible!

You have clearly proven to anyone on this board that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Potting David Loats is not only stupid but clearly lets me know you no nothing.
I would suggest to all not to reply to any of your comments, as this is the first and final time i will reply to you. Not worth it, would be like picking on someone with Down Syndrome. Your obviously not right mate and i would suggest some urgent attention. If Loats is a waste of talent, your a waste of fresh air.

Agreed pineaple, surface is sub standard. Both goal squares are too sandy. it is like playing beach volleyball. urgent attention is required. although, the soft ***** at parkdale will enjoy playing there as they may reduce injuries when they land on the beachy surface. Parky may however require life guards to resuscitate them after mentone kick the life out of them.

Keep knocking Ormond everyone, you may all have us in "Relegation Zone" but Round 1 hasn't even been played as of yet, but will losing no players & recruiting a few A grade players, we are looking to stay up in 2006 & who knows from there...

CFE said:
Keep knocking Ormond everyone, you may all have us in "Relegation Zone" but Round 1 hasn't even been played as of yet, but will losing no players & recruiting a few A grade players, we are looking to stay up in 2006 & who knows from there...

CFE - good to hear from you, it's been quite a while.

Care to throw any names of the A Grade recruits into the ring so the round 1 column may be remotely accurate???:)

Cheers

Scribe

GetSmart said:
ill try and predict the tigers starting line up for rnd 1

B: N.GORDON N.CORDA A.WALSTAB
HB: CAPSALIS L.WITNLE J.TYQUIN
C: A.SCAFIDI S.ANSTEY M.TERRELL
HF: J.KANE P.WINTLE A.HAYES
F: L.TERRELL S.ZAKIC A.SCAFIDI
FOLL: M.RHODEN M.WINTLE R.MULQUINEY
INTER:M.McCRAW M.MCGETTIGAN M.ROWSE
EMER:p.BRENNAN D.KINSELLA T.BEASLEY

Thats not including the tac and vfl boys that will play throughout the year and also there may be some big names in like S.Loewe that will slot nicely in at full forward at brindisi street.

no room for Hecker in the side? TIm beasley? Serious?

It will be interesting to see how they cope with all the expectation!

GetSmart said:
ill try and predict the tigers starting line up for rnd 1

HB: CAPSALIS L.WITNLE J.TYQUIN
C: A.SCAFIDI S.ANSTEY M.TERRELL
HF: J.KANE P.WINTLE A.HAYES
FOLL: M.RHODEN M.WINTLE R.MULQUINEY
INTER:M.McCRAW M.MCGETTIGAN M.ROWSE
EMER:p.BRENNAN D.KINSELLA T.BEASLEY

Thats not including the tac and vfl boys that will play throughout the year and also there may be some big names in like S.Loewe that will slot nicely in at full forward at brindisi street.

Few possies will be different i believe, for one, Paul "rat" Wintle will play CHB where he won the B & F 2 yrs ago, and juice will play CHF, pity that Rhoden couldnt have been squeezed out of the side. The guys a hack. And Tigers lost two better ruckmen this summer, Connelly to travel, and that young U/19's player Chris Barr, apparently is a fantastic tap ruckman, hes moved interstate for uni ive heard? This true GetSmart?

Heres my Side:

HB: CAPSALIS P.WITNLE J.TYQUIN
C: A.SCAFIDI S.ANSTEY A.FLEMMING
HF: J.KANE L.WINTLE M.WINTLE
FOLL: M.RHODEN A.HAYES R.MULQUINEY
INTER:M.TERREL P.MCGETTIGAN M.ROWSE
EMER:p.BRENNAN M.MCGETTIGAN B.NEVILLE

Also what happened to Kiddy GetSmart? He training?

footyfanatic007 said:
Few possies will be different i believe, for one, Paul "rat" Wintle will play CHB where he won the B & F 2 yrs ago, and juice will play CHF, pity that Rhoden couldnt have been squeezed out of the side. The guys a hack. And Tigers lost two better ruckmen this summer, Connelly to travel, and that young U/19's player Chris Barr, apparently is a fantastic tap ruckman, hes moved interstate for uni ive heard? This true GetSmart?

Heres my Side:

HB: CAPSALIS P.WITNLE J.TYQUIN
C: A.SCAFIDI S.ANSTEY A.FLEMMING
HF: J.KANE L.WINTLE M.WINTLE
FOLL: M.RHODEN A.HAYES R.MULQUINEY
INTER:M.TERREL P.MCGETTIGAN M.ROWSE
EMER:p.BRENNAN M.MCGETTIGAN B.NEVILLE

Also what happened to Kiddy GetSmart? He training?

nice effort but a few mistakes. if the tigers want to kill teams this year they will need to line up as followes.

B: corda brennan capsalis
hb: scafidi L wintle P wintle
c: Tyquin anstey m terrel
hf: kane Gordon moose
f: scafidi zakic L terrel
foll:Rhodan m wintle Mulquiney
Pine: Hayes mcgettigan walstab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back