C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received and accepted the bruncheon invite from Ajax's Peter Kagan. Look forward to watching a cracking game and child minding Tommy Brain at the same time. I would certainly hope a few St Bedes' people have been invited - it would seem the right thing to do.

Jackas should pick the southern Zebra rooms as they're p0rn.

My crowd estimate: 2,563

As for that compromising position - I'm getting physio all week, and the video should be streaming off the VAFA website once my lawyers have given it the OK.

Looking forward to Saturday!
:thumbsu:

ITSMYNAME said:
Unfortunately i sort of agree with richoo. SFL team balwyn in the 90's would kill A grade ammos easily, they had some good ex afl players around 10 at one stage, they were cashed up and wouldnt hide how much they paid players and were worth it too. I promise i will never agree with richoo again!!!
Saw Balwyn and they were a good side, but not quick. Having seen both thru the 90's have to say that OLd Xav's would have killed them. Also know a few ammo sides played practice games against top Southern Div 1 sides and murdered them. Back to the original point Parkdale have a far superior history / quality of football to that of St Patricks FC.

THE BEACON said:
It doesn't matter mate, when you are from Mentone Parkdale are always no good & they are the only games that must be won when they play each other.

The Mentone/Chelt rivalry is completely different as there was respect between both clubs & both would enjoy each others company in the post match drink. When you played Parkdale @ Parky it was play & get out of the hole.

They are a club with no morals & plenty of ferals.

I seem to detect a lot of jealousy relating to the amazing facilities and playing surface of Parkdale's home ground. Spacious chagerooms, a gym, and a fantastic social area amount to the ground being, quite simply, the best ground in the Amatuer competition.

It is the reason why the Ammos choose to play finals there. The reason there are no finals played at Brindisi St is because if players played footy all year to achieve the right to play finals at a squalid poo hole then there wouldn't be any incentive to play finals.

Their clientale could go for a good wash also

The SFL has dropped off remarkably since the mid 90s. (Parky beat East Brighton in their SFL premiership in recent times in a practice match.) But there was a time when Parkdale were a SFL force in a very good competition. Mentone on the other hand had to fold and were promptly taken over by St. Bedes.

richoooo said:
I seem to detect a lot of jealousy relating to the amazing facilities and playing surface of Parkdale's home ground. Spacious chagerooms, a gym, and a fantastic social area amount to the ground being, quite simply, the best ground in the Amatuer competition.

It is the reason why the Ammos choose to play finals there. The reason there are no finals played at Brindisi St is because if players played footy all year to achieve the right to play finals at a squalid poo hole then there wouldn't be any incentive to play finals.

The SFL has dropped off remarkably since the mid 90s. (Parky beat East Brighton in their SFL premiership in recent times in a practice match.) But there was a time when Parkdale were a SFL force in a very good competition. Mentone on the other hand had to fold and were promptly taken over by St. Bedes.

Ah the pidgeon club. Memories from way back. Even a sauna that lasted 3 minutes.

Mentone had to fold and taken over by St. Bedes. As opposed to the Parky / St.Pats relationship.

The hacksaw. A fine community man.

richoooo said:

Sooky Sooky La La!!

Everyday Spelling said:
Ah the pidgeon club. Memories from way back. Even a sauna that lasted 3 minutes.

Mentone had to fold and taken over by St. Bedes. As opposed to the Parky / St.Pats relationship.

The hacksaw. A fine community man.

Parky/St Pats relationship!!!! Who are your trying to kid. There are still so many St Bedes and Mentone people around our club. The only Parkdale thing left at your club is photos on the wall, the rest is St Pats after a complete club takeover

I might go into the rooms after the tigers lose on saturday and just have a bit of a smile at no 12 to see how he likes it the cat.

Josh Mcloud said:
I might go into the rooms after the tigers lose on saturday and just have a bit of a smile at no 12 to see how he likes it the cat.

It seems that order has been restored, the moons aligned with the planets and everything can go back to normal. SBMT will once again look down at Parkdale with contempt.

Red Roy said:
Brooksy - a couploe of points with your team. Whilst honored to be named VC I cannot cop being led by RCT. He has followed my lead all year and would not exist if it were not for the great one (roy). I can play on the wing but would look for the odd change with juicy Skipper so i can slide into the guts and do some damage.

Another point as to why I should be skipper. Red roy is the only poster to make it into Scribes weekly musings in the footballer. Surely I should lead this team over RCT !

Where is local boy??? Didn't make your side? A bit stiff, you could have named him al lose man in defence like he did for himself all year!

Please amend accordingly

The Roy

i think scribe tipped the surly tigers last week
id say thats a mention for surly 23 red roy

The quality fo the thread has deteriorated considerable since the arrival of the Phantom Strobler and The Beacon. Both seem to be carrying a lot of baggage! Beacon hates the Tigers and now he hates Parkdale. Whose next?

Three Malugas said:
The quality fo the thread has deteriorated considerable since the arrival of the Phantom Strobler and The Beacon. Both seem to be carrying a lot of baggage! Beacon hates the Tigers and now he hates Parkdale. Whose next?

Malugas, as they say in the classics - "You can't put brains on a monument".

Perhaps we should just treat them with the contempt they deserve??!! :thumbsu:

Three Malugas said:

If only you knew the truth!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

richoooo said:

Richoooo, We tend to agree and disagree. Firstly, Mentone didn't fold nor were we taken over by St Bedes. Says something for the merger that so many from both camps stayed on board to help the Tigers be where they are today. The same as Parkdale did not fold even though the majority of the workers and players were from St Pats. The entity being Parkdale continues on. As for the ground seems a lot of people like it. At last counter 70 players had played Club 18 alone when other clubs struggle to field a reserves. Something must be right to attract people to play at Brindisi Street.

overtheline said:
Rct, I am one of "those" who can't read a formguide. Markets are framed on more than the last performance of a team. A pretty simplistic assessment, if you are serious. As I said, we all know you are trying to paint the jackas as favourites, let's take a poll and see if the punters agree with you.
Tigers clear cut favourites, no doubt.

RCT,

As i said earlier in the week, your attempt to install Ajax as favourites, is plain ridiculous. Have a look at the poll on the vafa website about who will win the flag, SBMT 65 % Ajax 35%, thats the general sentiment , not the short quote you put up about Ajax earlier in the week.

AJAX will have alot of suporters that will just get blown into Trevor Barker on Saturday, all screaming about stuff that they don't understand....

I think any neutral supporters will want the Tigers to get up over the Jackas

3 M Wrote - Also know a few ammo sides played practice games against top Southern Div 1 sides and murdered them. Back to the original point Parkdale have a far superior history / quality of football to that of St Patricks FC.[/quote]

Not only Ammo clubs, I played for St Pats V Mentone in a practice match in 1990 , thumped a near full strenght Mentone side By ten goals( was mates with a lot of the Mentone blokes, played cricket there so I knew how good their side was,( ask Drew Johnston how his ribs were after the game) we were in C grade Churches league.
St Pats started in 1945, so its not like they were just formed yesterday, but what St Bedes Mentone have that Parky dont is a School behind them.

greentree said:
3 M Wrote - Also know a few ammo sides played practice games against top Southern Div 1 sides and murdered them. Back to the original point Parkdale have a far superior history / quality of football to that of St Patricks FC.

Not only Ammo clubs, I played for St Pats V Mentone in a practice match in 1990 , thumped a near full strenght Mentone side By ten goals( was mates with a lot of the Mentone blokes, played cricket there so I knew how good their side was,( ask Drew Johnston how his ribs were after the game) we were in C grade Churches league.
St Pats started in 1945, so its not like they were just formed yesterday, but what St Bedes Mentone have that Parky dont is a School behind them.[/quote]

What about the 6 or 7 junior sides below secondary school age feeding the club, I think that would have something to do with it.

The main reason that it looks like a St. Pats took over Parky is , The former Parky players all decided that playing for a few dollars at either Mordi, Chelsea Heights was more important. There is as much support of the club during the season from each camp. I think the quality of the former Parkdale players is summed up by mentioning that Dave Gately was named as reserve's coach in the first year of the merge then took off to Heights because there was no money for him.

Considering what awaits us in less than 48 hours, today would have to go down as a dark day on this thread. The majority of us have no interest in learning about the history of Parkdale footy club and rubbish hypotheticals against SFL teams of the 90's.

I have however printed out some of todays posts from Richo, The Beacon etc to help me get to sleep tomorrow night before the big game.

Bede me up said:
Considering what awaits us in less than 48 hours, today would have to go down as a dark day on this thread. The majority of us have no interest in learning about the history of Parkdale footy club and rubbish hypotheticals against SFL teams of the 90's.

I have however printed out some of todays posts from Richo, The Beacon etc to help me get to sleep tomorrow night before the big game.

Bede me up, you are right, a big day for you guys and as someone who played most of my sporting life in the area I'm hoping you guys win, all Im doing is sticking up for the club I played at as Im sure you would do.

Go Tigers.

NBULTY said:
St Pats started in 1945, so its not like they were just formed yesterday, but what St Bedes Mentone have that Parky dont is a School behind them.

What about the 6 or 7 junior sides below secondary school age feeding the club, I think that would have something to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Tigers......make that 10 junior sides and Auskick. Understand your point but we shouldn't forget that Mentone started in 1904 and their is no comparison between them and St Pats. Mentone in the Federal League was a power house.

GetSmart said:
What about the 6 or 7 junior sides below secondary school age feeding the club, I think that would have something to do with it.

Tigers......make that 10 junior sides and Auskick. Understand your point but we shouldn't forget that Mentone started in 1904 and their is no comparison between them and St Pats. Mentone in the Federal League was a power house.[/quote]

No doubt the Tigers have the right systems in place. Strong juniors, club 18, a premiership in the 17s, all three teams in the grand final this weekend and promotion to B grade. That stuff doesn't happen by accident.

Parky are improving all the time and will be up with Mentone and Beauy soon. Nothing beats a good local derby, it's a rare downside of playing ammo footy. Parky would much rather travel to a very very ordinary Brindisi St than to Rupertswood and Whitefriars.

Should be a cracker tomorrow. If there is a footy god, he has a foreskin. Tiges by 20 points.

Well we've lost a couple of Aussie legends recently but despite taking a few hits on a couple of Big Footy threads yesterday I'm happy to let the C Section thread contributors that RCT is alive and well and truly kicking (with ack's to AT...)

Great night at Tigerland for the last training run for 2006...feeling at training was just awesome and a tighter group you wouldn't find...busy trade for the men behind the jump and serving the quality meals.

The prez delivered the speech and read the selected teams out in his diminutive and yet highly comical fashion.....left the club just before witching hour with a few sherbs and a goon or two under the belt and ran the gauntlet successfully...texas h. was still going strong with big barge looking like he was holding the aces again.

3 flags in the cabinet and 3 to come...what a season.

The Tiger Army is gathering momentum and readying for the march to Sandy.....it will be a beauty.

RCT

We nearly let the SCRIBE get one through to the keeper..... Fancy him seeing his first C Grade game for the year going to the Ajax Brunch and reckoning he has to child mind that legend tommy brain. Is he for real has he got tickets on himself or not????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back