C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what changes the Scribe will make to his team of the yaar when he actually sees a game tomorrow. Would suggest that there will be a couple of standouts.

crownies2 said:
We nearly let the SCRIBE get one through to the keeper..... Fancy him seeing his first C Grade game for the year going to the Ajax Brunch and reckoning he has to child mind that legend tommy brain. Is he for real has he got tickets on himself or not????

Bag him as much as you like, and I have been guilty in the past, but be greatful that Scribe is putting in the effort to provide the insightful weekly column that he does. I don't see any of you blokes putting in the extra effort as he does.

You are all very bitter people, they can't put the entire Tigers team in the team of the year.

Can't understand why Tommy Brain would not be at HQ eating 'wick burgers for the B Section preliminary final?

heres my answers to questions put by quote 1474 i think
1. i reckon crowd will be around the 5000 mark
2. dont care about q2 just want to see the biff and a great match
3. frankfurts without the skin in bread rolls with dead horse
4. dont care
5. who cares
6. N/A
7. who cares
8. without a doubt
9. yep
10. Anstey for the tigers

Believe Mr Brain is on Executive Duties as the Duty Officer or Match Manager at Sandy Slay and hence can't be at the park eating burgers.... Believe he also has a bit of affinity with both the competiting C Grade clubs anyway so won't be out of place down there......

Stunned at the scribes selection for Coach of The Year.
Considering Luke Berveridge was....
- New to the club.
- Found himself in a total new enviroment, that of the VAFA.
- Coached the senior side to 18 straight wins.
- Assisted the reserves side to 17 wins and 1 loss.
- Introduced a Club 18 side.
- Playing coach.
- And somewhere down the track has coached the U19s, whom also find theirselves playing off in the grand final aswell.

Now can you explain to me scribe how the AJAX coach got it over Beveridge, and, that of how you came to your final descision of..

An absolute joke!!

Sour grapes.

I do believe that AJAX beat you when it counted and who really cares who coach of the year is today, all will be revealed tomorrow! I'm sure Beveridge would prefer the real prize!

Benny MOF said:
Sour grapes.

I do believe that AJAX beat you when it counted and who really cares who coach of the year is today, all will be revealed tomorrow! I'm sure Beveridge would prefer the real prize!

Not sour, just dissapointed that someone like Berveridge has been robberd of the recignition he deserves..
i'm sure he feels that the silver wear is the main objective, however he needs to be recognised for the such things as i listed, and therefore should be named Coach of The Year over the AJAX coach.

I wonder wear the scribe gets off.. never coming to any of the games then plucking that award out of his arse..very dissapointing

pazza said:
Speaking with Tommy last night, he mentioned that the Jackas are having a lunch up in the social club - is that just a little cocky or what?

Why is it cocky to get involved in pre-grand final atmosphere prior to the game whilst at the same time raising funds for an amateur football club? It's not like they've booked the post game celebration. I think you'll find that AFL grand final teams have big lunches and post GF-celebrations/commiserations pre-booked every year. I don't understand your comment.

And gotta love those newbies like sImpLy f0oTy who blow in 5 minutes before the game to hurl abuse but have been severly lacking for the past 18 weeks.

I think you'll find that Tim was named coach of the year by Scribe because he has taken a team that was clear C-grade last year and has, through his strong training regime, moulded them into a B-Grade team. He has introduced a number of players this year and with success. The Tigers coach, whilst taking absolutely nothing away from his successful year, has taken a team (that if truth be told didn't really deserve to be relegated last year) to exactly where they should have finished this year.

If you need an explanation as to why not all Israeli's are Jewish and vice-versa, I'll enrol you in a grade 2 class whenever you have a moment. If you turned up to all the games this year you'll have noticed that the jackas have pulled quite sizeable crowds all year.

Looking forwward to the game tomorrow.

pazza said:
O'Shaughnessy isn't a bad bloke - and Ajax will certainly feel his loss next season. That can't be argued.

As for Beveridge, is he playing tomorrow - or have those boots been finally hung up?

A good bloke..maybe, but should he deserve the same recognition as Beveridge for his acheivemnts this year.

I can't really understand that question pazza? 'Will Beveridge play tommorrow'. I would find it very strange, for someone to play 7 games throughout the year and then hang the boots up for the Grand Final?
I can see how you have got a gig as the 2s umpire.

SF...steady on there...everyone is entitled to watch a game of footy and for the players it's great that a big crowd will be present. The Tigers have a large supporter base to and will be at Sandy in big numbers tomorrow.

Being named coach of the year in the Scribes C Section column means nothing at the end of the day/season...Bevo and the rest of the players/club want the Premiership...this title says it all.

Pazza..well done on getting a job tomorrow...Reserves game will be a ripper also..enjoy!

Being a Tiger follower I'm naturally hoping for the results to fall our way and reap the rewards for a lot of hard work by a large number of people that is a footy club.

RCT

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
SF...steady on there...everyone is entitled to watch a game of footy and for the players it's great that a big crowd will be present. The Tigers have a large supporter base to and will be at Sandy in big numbers tomorrow.

Being named coach of the year in the Scribes C Section column means nothing at the end of the day/season...Bevo and the rest of the players/club want the Premiership...this title says it all.

Pazza..well done on getting a job tomorrow...Reserves game will be a ripper also..enjoy!

Being a Tiger follower I'm naturally hoping for the results to fall our way and reap the rewards for a lot of hard work by a large number of people that is a footy club.

RCT

RCT, i was just dissapointed that Bevo, isn't going to receive as much recognition as he deserves..
The atmosphere will certainly be great tommorrow, if the 2nd semi final is anything 2 go by

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well, this will be my last post before the grand final is played tomorrow.
Good luck to both teams, im sure it will be a cracker of a game.
Hope to see a good of a game as we witnessed 2 weeks ago,
was an absolute ripper.

The result aside, congratulations to both teams who deserve promotion to 'b' grade, where im sure both lists will be tested.

I hope both can be competitive at this higher level of footy.

My tip is ajax by 4 points...

regarding people bagging ajax crowds: the ajax supporters come week in week out.

Obviously there will be additional supporters jumping on the wagon for finals
time, but that happens everywhere, with girlfriends, family, friends and work
associates coming to support their mates.

hope to see them all out there tomorrow for what should be a very entertaining afternoon of football

If you thought AJAX crowds have been bad i wouldn't come down tomorrow. The usual few hundred true Jackas will be there but we are expecting an additional 4-5 thousand. Our spirit will get the boys over the line tomorrow.

As a side point, does it really matter who wins? Isn't the main prize getting promoted?

TizzaBlues said:
If you thought AJAX crowds have been bad i wouldn't come down tomorrow. The usual few hundred true Jackas will be there but we are expecting an additional 4-5 thousand. Our spirit will get the boys over the line tomorrow.

As a side point, does it really matter who wins? Isn't the main prize getting promoted?

ofcourse it matters who wins! there is 22 blokes on each side who have worked their arses off since probably early december last year to get to where they are, and at 5.00 they want a medallion around the neck!!

tips

ressies...tigers by 48 points

seniors ...tigers by 28 points

congrats to both tigers and ajax on their well earned promotion.

good luck to all players

Congratulations for both teams in making it to the Granny. Already guaranteed promotion to 'B' league.

Should be a cracker considering St Bedes has only lost one game this, to Ajax in the earlier final by a goal, in a match that sea-sawed the whole way through.

LArge crowd will be down to support the Jackas and the Tigers, all we can hope for is a close, intense game.

Norm Smith: Lewski from the Jackas
Crowd: 2,834
Winner: Draw! Jackas in extra time by a goal.

See you all down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back