C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight said:
What clubs did they play at?

Why coudn't Ukovic get re-instated?

McKee & Ryan when they did play were at St Kevins , Daffy Old Melburnians and Danny Roach at St Bernards , saw Roach a bit last season and is a great player

Anyone know if NOBS have any of their players that played maybe 2-3 yrs ago back to the club.

I know that last year (2005) was a completly different side to the side of 2004, and likewise of the side of 2004 to 2003.

There were some good players running around but just couldn't get that winning feeling too often.

caveman said:
Can anyone out there give me an update on how Fitzroy are shaping up? First clash is against Parkdale Vultures. What are the Vultures meant to be like this season?

Reds captain Vin Cahill has shaped up like the goodyear blimp from what i hear. He has been rotating through Brunswick street dining establishments on a frequent basis. Can't speak for the rest of the team.

Ok lads i want to get a few things straight. Jurica is spelt JURICA not JERIKA. Secondly hes going to have a slight problem in kicking goals down at Brindisi street as he will be kicking them from OVERSEAS, thats right word is he will be OS. But on a lighter note if he doesnt go OS then he will be a huge chance to suit up for the Tigers.

Now can we keep a lid on Sam Anstey, yes he will probably be a great player and the drop to C Grade will make him look even better but lets have a look and see how he goes before we make before we declare him the worlds best.

And to end it should be a good year down with the Tigers, i hear the mood is positive and with a few more inclusions still to come what already looks good can only get better.

Look for the return of Paul Wintle and Andrew Hayes to add some experience to a young tiger den.

YaMan said:
Anyone know if NOBS have any of their players that played maybe 2-3 yrs ago back to the club.

I know that last year (2005) was a completly different side to the side of 2004, and likewise of the side of 2004 to 2003.

There were some good players running around but just couldn't get that winning feeling too often.

Apparently they are poaching players from West coburg! There under 18"s won the flag last year and they have some good players. If they pick them up they be a fair team in the seniors or the under 19's. Rumour has a the coach of NOB has poached them because of a fall out with some of the people down at! B. Nadar plays cricket there and drinks at the west coburg footy club on thrusday ntes during the year. Be interseting to see if he will be down there this year............:cool:

HARDNUT1 said:
Apparently they are poaching players from West coburg! There under 18"s won the flag last year and they have some good players. If they pick them up they be a fair team in the seniors or the under 19's. Rumour has a the coach of NOB has poached them because of a fall out with some of the people down at! B. Nadar plays cricket there and drinks at the west coburg footy club on thrusday ntes during the year. Be interseting to see if he will be down there this year............:cool:

I've heard likewise about the possibility of some guns under 18's playing at NOBS next season. One imagines a kebab sponsorship isn't far away....

HARDNUT1 said:

Bernie Nader is the coach of the Under 19s. This is just one of the exciting developments in the off season at the Gillon. NOBSPC will be a new look outfit in 2006 with an influx of younger players from the local area and of course St Pats. The under 19's look like being the team to beat and hopefully this will flow through to an improved showing in the seniors.

Heard rumours from Brunswick Street that at least 7 players from the 05 premiership side have called it quits. Obviosuly they want to go out on top. Not sure of any recruits coming in.....

From all the whispers ive been getting, the 2006 Premiership Cup is all but in the cabinet of the mighty St.Bedes-Mentone Tigers. The Drink (luke Beverage) has been getting huge numbers on the track, gun recruits and the boys are flying. In the words of one player, "we should be $2 favorites, we will win it in a canter".

I'll lay them at $2. What's that Betfair URL again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Kid said:
From all the whispers ive been getting, the 2006 Premiership Cup is all but in the cabinet of the mighty St.Bedes-Mentone Tigers. The Drink (luke Beverage) has been getting huge numbers on the track, gun recruits and the boys are flying. In the words of one player, "we should be $2 favorites, we will win it in a canter".

under no circumstances would the boys down at bridisi street be getting in that frame of mind. after such a dissapointing season in 05 they realise c section has improved alot since last being in there. yes there is a few recruits and a few of the old timers coming back with not many departures but that doesnt guarantee anything. im sure Beveridge isnt getting him self to far ahead and will be busting the boys ars'e on the track and having a good time off the track this year. In the good old St Kilda way. "Train hard, Party Hard"

Franky, trust me. The boys are talking premierships. And why wouldnt they? Sure they had a poor season in 2005, but they are now in Divvy 3(absolute cakewalk). They are yet to have less than 45 on the track and one player has told me that no team will get within 10 goals of the mighty Tigers this season.

The Kid said:
Franky, trust me.

Why - are you trying to sell us something? A used car perhaps?

The Kid said:
The boys are talking premierships.

About 8 months too early methinks.

The Kid said:
And why wouldnt they?

Ooh - something about 20 games, 9 other sides, potential injuries, who knows?

The Kid said:
Sure they had a poor season in 2005,

Hooray, now you're making good sense, things are on the up......

The Kid said:
but they are now in Divvy 3(absolute cakewalk).

....then you had to muck it up with that comment!!

The Kid said:
They are yet to have less than 45 on the track.

Which is a good start, presuming they can all play good footy...

The Kid said:
and one player has told me that no team will get within 10 goals of the mighty Tigers this season.

OK - you've got me, where to I place my bet? :rolleyes:

Alphonse said:
Bernie Nader is the coach of the Under 19s. This is just one of the exciting developments in the off season at the Gillon. NOBSPC will be a new look outfit in 2006 with an influx of younger players from the local area and of course St Pats. The under 19's look like being the team to beat and hopefully this will flow through to an improved showing in the seniors.

Alphonse, do you play for NOBSPC. If so, in the seniors or in the 2's.

Anyway, great oval down there at the Gillon. Good memories on some saturday nights there.

The Kid said:
Franky, trust me. The boys are talking premierships. And why wouldnt they? Sure they had a poor season in 2005, but they are now in Divvy 3(absolute cakewalk). They are yet to have less than 45 on the track and one player has told me that no team will get within 10 goals of the mighty Tigers this season.

It's great to have some cockiness as we approach the season. Last year it was Blacks & Camberwell who were predicting undefeated seasons. The former won the Premiership but lost a few games ( 2 to Paradians & 1 to C'well) while the latter showed their true colours by 'choking' in the finals.
C Section was a reasonable standard and very even.
Who will be the challengers to St Bedes ?????

The Kid said:

im sure the thoughts of "the Kid" are not taken by the club as a whole, as they r normally not one to be seen as cocky. im sure they would be more than happy to just go on about there business by training hard and not have to worry about stupid comments made by someone from the outside looking in, who im sure enjoys indoor cricket and i know the kid knows what im talking about

Scribe said:
Why - are you trying to sell us something? A used car perhaps?

About 8 months too early methinks.

Ooh - something about 20 games, 9 other sides, potential injuries, who knows?

Hooray, now you're making good sense, things are on the up......

....then you had to muck it up with that comment!!

Which is a good start, presuming they can all play good footy...

OK - you've got me, where to I place my bet? :rolleyes:

I sense Scribe being the tigers doubters this year, thats fine, but I for one will be there when they serve you up some humble pie.

They should be cocky, B --> C is a big drop, and they are back to their 04' side, but with more depth and quality.

Going to take a huge effort from someone to beat them this year.

footyfanatic007 said:
I sense Scribe being the tigers doubters this year, thats fine, but I for one will be there when they serve you up some humble pie.

They should be cocky, B --> C is a big drop, and they are back to their 04' side, but with more depth and quality.

No where near as big a drop as it used to be. 2 sides down from B in 2005 only 1 went straight back. 2 sides went to B from C in 2005, both comfortably stayed.

It will be interesting to see how St Bedes play away from their postage stamp ground.

Keen Observer said:
It's great to have some cockiness as we approach the season. Last year it was Blacks & Camberwell who were predicting undefeated seasons. The former won the Premiership but lost a few games ( 2 to Paradians & 1 to C'well) while the latter showed their true colours by 'choking' in the finals.
C Section was a reasonable standard and very even.
Who will be the challengers to St Bedes ?????

What do people think of Fitzroys chances? They only dropped 1 game last season. Uni Blacks went straight through to B grade in consecutive seasons. Could Fitzroy do it?

footyfanatic007 said:

I think StBede's people like being the big fish in the small pond, they like it easy in C section, and are happy to bully ordinary sides in the lower grade.

The problem is their ground is a hole, hard to win at, but they can't win away from it. They will never go anywhere playing at that hole. I hope they rot in their rightful place in C Section and below! Their feral players and supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back