C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scribe said:
CFE - good to hear from you, it's been quite a while.

Care to throw any names of the A Grade recruits into the ring so the round 1 column may be remotely accurate???:)

Cheers

Scribe

Hey Scribe,
Ryan Martin from Uni Blues returns to us after a few years playing A grade. His last year wasn't up to his first 2 years at Uni Blues due to a family tragedy, but has returned home. He will be one of the better onballers in C grade, him & Michael Miller will give a few teams some headaches this year.

I know he's old, but Matt McConville returns to the fray. It will take a quality big man to play on him.

There are some others in the pipeworks that we'll keep under raps for a little longer...

Seems like St Bedes are over the line & the other teams are battling it out for second ! It's a very long season.
How are NOBSPC travelling? Are Joe Barker & Luke Boyle still playing? Surely not. They would be in their 40's by now. I heard Bruno 'the messiah' Conti may even make a comeback!

Keen Observer said:
Seems like St Bedes are over the line & the other teams are battling it out for second ! It's a very long season.
How are NOBSPC travelling? Are Joe Barker & Luke Boyle still playing? Surely not. They would be in their 40's by now. I heard Bruno 'the messiah' Conti may even make a comeback!

it is fitzroy who are "overtheline"...refer recent history

GetSmart said:
I know for a fact the juice wintle is playing CHB as thats where he wants to play and is best suited and Rat Wintle will play CHF cause gordon is a natural backman and cant play forward. Chris barr would have no chance of getting a game in the 1's this year and im not sure what he is doing this year because i dont know him personally. Kiddy hasnt been training due to work but the word is he is playing but probably want crack it in for a senior game.

Gordon doesn't need to take a grab, just give a contest and let the rest of the team kick goals. Rat enjoys lurking off the half back line and will be more damaging there.

CFE said:
Hey Scribe,
Ryan Martin from Uni Blues returns to us after a few years playing A grade. His last year wasn't up to his first 2 years at Uni Blues due to a family tragedy, but has returned home. He will be one of the better onballers in C grade, him & Michael Miller will give a few teams some headaches this year.

I know he's old, but Matt McConville returns to the fray. It will take a quality big man to play on him.

There are some others in the pipeworks that we'll keep under raps for a little longer...

CFE - both very handy inclusions. Having played on Marto recently, he doesn't look much to start with, but his dishevelled appearance belies a tidy, hard running midfielder who uses the ball very well. He'll slot into your midfield rotation easily.

As for Mr McConville - say no more - he's one of the VAFA's greats. Playing 8 or 9 games at EE and with a couple of other C Grade grounds more on the postage stamp side, I'm sure he'll provide plenty of headaches for opposition coaches, perhaps as a permanent tall forward??

Keep 'em coming lads - I've already received a private missive from the Jackas who are very, very keen to build on last years' results and I reckon having EP as their home ground might add just a little bit more incentive....

Cheers

Scribe

Scribe said:
CFE - both very handy inclusions. Having played on Marto recently, he doesn't look much to start with, but his dishevelled appearance belies a tidy, hard running midfielder who uses the ball very well. He'll slot into your midfield rotation easily.

As for Mr McConville - say no more - he's one of the VAFA's greats. Playing 8 or 9 games at EE and with a couple of other C Grade grounds more on the postage stamp side, I'm sure he'll provide plenty of headaches for opposition coaches, perhaps as a permanent tall forward??

Keep 'em coming lads - I've already received a private missive from the Jackas who are very, very keen to build on last years' results and I reckon having EP as their home ground might add just a little bit more incentive....

To my way of thinking there are three teams that can really win it.
fitzroy are monites for mine with the other two possibles being St Bedes and Ajax. A midfield of Lewski, Sutton and Ritterman is very imposing but they do need Julian to commit to playing. The others can write their own ticket.

Cheers

GetSmart said:
I know for a fact the juice wintle is playing CHB as thats where he wants to play and is best suited and Rat Wintle will play CHF cause gordon is a natural backman and cant play forward. Chris barr would have no chance of getting a game in the 1's this year and im not sure what he is doing this year because i dont know him personally. Kiddy hasnt been training due to work but the word is he is playing but probably want crack it in for a senior game.

Well from what i saw by the bar last year, when young Chris did ruckwork with Rhoden and Connelly he killed them.
I heard we lost someone to Beaumaris who was that?

footyfanatic007 said:
Well from what i saw by the bar last year, when young Chris did ruckwork with Rhoden and Connelly he killed them.
I heard we lost someone to Beaumaris who was that?

Footyfanatic007 are you for real. You are either Chris Barr or you are a family member or close friend because as much as Chris is a nice kid he isnt a footballers paiur of undies. Secondly the fact that you have named Brendan Neville in the senior side also gives it away that you are from the same age group.

To beat Chris's ego up and to put Rhoden down thats a big call considering the Rhoden has some ability, just no meat on his bones. Chris on the otherhand i think should stick to tennis.

Bigfootyfan said:
Footyfanatic007 are you for real. You are either Chris Barr or you are a family member or close friend because as much as Chris is a nice kid he isnt a footballers paiur of undies. Secondly the fact that you have named Brendan Neville in the senior side also gives it away that you are from the same age group.

To beat Chris's ego up and to put Rhoden down thats a big call considering the Rhoden has some ability, just no meat on his bones. Chris on the otherhand i think should stick to tennis.

By being from the same age group it has enabled me to look at players, and compare them? my bad. Neville is a rare talent as much as it is hard to ignore him for some older guys, i cannot, he has the build the speed the tenacity, Sandringham VFL are after him for a reason Bigfootyfan.

"No meat on the bones" is sort of a big issue in the ruck, to easily pushed around in my opinion.

footyfanatic007 said:
By being from the same age group it has enabled me to look at players, and compare them? my bad. Neville is a rare talent as much as it is hard to ignore him for some older guys, i cannot, he has the build the speed the tenacity, Sandringham VFL are after him for a reason Bigfootyfan.

"No meat on the bones" is sort of a big issue in the ruck, to easily pushed around in my opinion.

Fanatic, im sorry but your way off the mark with Chris. This forum is an occasional talking point at the club and i can tell you that after your post on Thursday there were a few quiet laughs and sighs at how someone could think that Chris is good enough. Again nice kid, his father is a massive supporter and drive behind the club but thats where it ends.

Neville will play ones this year no doubt, was only drawing his name to attention to source that you were someone close to that junior side.

Rhoden may be skin and bones but is very agile and moves quicker than most big men. He wouldnt be my choice in the ruck but if he is the option what he lacks in strength can be made up around the ground.

Bigfootyfan said:
Fanatic, im sorry but your way off the mark with Chris. This forum is an occasional talking point at the club and i can tell you that after your post on Thursday there were a few quiet laughs and sighs at how someone could think that Chris is good enough. Again nice kid, his father is a massive supporter and drive behind the club but thats where it ends.

Neville will play ones this year no doubt, was only drawing his name to attention to source that you were someone close to that junior side.

Rhoden may be skin and bones but is very agile and moves quicker than most big men. He wouldnt be my choice in the ruck but if he is the option what he lacks in strength can be made up around the ground.

I just reckon it is great that you guys are giving everyone such an isight into SBMT and all their players!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigfootyfan said:

Fair point, maybe im a little biased, but neville for sure will play, this i agree with. With the comment on Chris, i didnt intend it to be "hes playing for round 1" but rather "hes a decent prospect in future years", its not often you get a kid at 6"6 at around 95kg's. Another kid you should look out for is Chris Mouritz, has all the natural talent, kid can mark.

overtheline said:
I just reckon it is great that you guys are giving everyone such an isight into SBMT and all their players!

I agree. All this talk abouit St Bedes is great as it deflects all the focus from the real premiers, the mighty Jackas! We did win 8 in a row last year, had the leading goalkicker and arguably the best player in the comp in Ari Lewski. Add jason Ritterman to that, elsternwick park and a little more luck with injuries and we are a big threat. Keep talking it up beda boys!

jackaman said:
I agree. All this talk abouit St Bedes is great as it deflects all the focus from the real premiers, the mighty Jackas! We did win 8 in a row last year, had the leading goalkicker and arguably the best player in the comp in Ari Lewski. Add jason Ritterman to that, elsternwick park and a little more luck with injuries and we are a big threat. Keep talking it up beda boys!

Ritterman is a gun...massive for C Section.

i agree with you jackaman about the beda boys talkin it up, but you also cant rely on one gun to win u a flag from what i saw of you guys last year......average bunch....but i still do tip the tigers to get up....ugly bunch of guys......but can play...

ITSMYNAME said:
i agree with you jackaman about the beda boys talkin it up, but you also cant rely on one gun to win u a flag from what i saw of you guys last year......average bunch....but i still do tip the tigers to get up....ugly bunch of guys......but can play...

I think he outlined at least three guns in his post

overtheline said:
I think he outlined at least three guns in his post

Well said over, I did outline more than one gun at jackaland and could outline more if I was so inclined. Interesting to note the beda hype has dried up since a directive went on their website to shut up! How many flags have they won in the last 15 years??

Go jackas!!

jackaman said:
Well said over, I did outline more than one gun at jackaland and could outline more if I was so inclined. Interesting to note the beda hype has dried up since a directive went on their website to shut up! How many flags have they won in the last 15 years??

Go jackas!!

I belive that Luke Beveridge is furious at all of the hype and I can tell you personally that he is just keen to win enough games to avoid relegation and hopefully make the finals. He is trying to find out who the guys are on this site that pump the bedes so he can pump them OUT of Brindisi St.
And no, Loewe will not paly at Brindisi, but Moose is back.

brian speaking said:
I belive that Luke Beveridge is furious at all of the hype and I can tell you personally that he is just keen to win enough games to avoid relegation and hopefully make the finals. He is trying to find out who the guys are on this site that pump the bedes so he can pump them OUT of Brindisi St.
And no, Loewe will not paly at Brindisi, but Moose is back.

How do you think St Kevins coach Dave Murray feels about the way you pump up SKOB Brian?

I never said that your post had anything with what i said, this is my assesment of the jackas.....1 man team...ari is an absoloute gun, i would even go as far to say too good to be in the vafa, obviously loves to play with his mates which says something about a bloke....but after watching u guys for a few years....thats all u got really others can be shut down....interesting to see some results after this weekend's praccie matches...hopefully no injuries to anyone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back