C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i make sense said:
Quietly confident, i think i will re-name you "loudly stupid". your comments about Tyquin and Miller are stupid - hence your new name.

Tyquin has been killing them this year, and Miller's record speaks for itself. I'm sure if both these players were playing for your reds you would be quick to sing their praises as they would finish 1 & 2 in your clubs b & f. Thus they would be the best players at your club.

QC - I look forward to you being a little more quiet and a little less confident.

That makes sense to me.

What I make sense said...

If you think that about Miller then maybe it's YOU that dosn't have a clue...

C Section Team of the Half Year

Backs - Scribe, Richard Clay Torpedoes, Supa Frank
Half Backs- Tommy1979, CFE, Saintly5
Centres- Greentree, I make sense, Grandstand Guru
Half Forwards - Blueboys1, Quietly Confident, Mappa
Forwards - Zoofest43, Local Boy, Over the line
Rucks - The Beacon
RR - Scroda (a natural tagger)
Rover - Red Roy (would yap and yap and yap)

I/C - bluesnews43, FIEMJO, bede me up & SeymourLions

Coach - Mobbenfuhrer

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:

Rucks - The Beacon

Coach - Mobbenfuhrer

The Roy is happy to play on ball. I won't change much though, would not be good for the team if I wasn't around the contest.

As for Scribes team, Gregory at CHB????????????????? Tim Davis is the best defender in Amateur football period. Would walk into CHB in any team in any section. What about Maghamez, he is surely in the best 6 fowards in this comp.

Whats with all of these ormond players - how do they perform in big games like Grand Finals or Grand Final replays against the roys - not that well let me tell you !

I see QC is continuing his analysis of the tigers, and upsetting a few people along the way. Well done son, they need bringing down a peg or two. Some interesting stuff on their website regarding Hampton Rovers and blokes not hanging around for a drink. Roy is very disapointed with such behaviour and does not condone it.

I agree with him (or does he agree with me) the Tigers are yet to play a good team on a big ground. Hampton are very average (yes i know RCT they beat us by 5 points there before you have a heart attack) and will not make the finals. Jackas at E.P. and the long drive to Brunswick St will sort them out.

That is all for know.

Roy

Red Roy said:
The Roy is happy to play on ball. I won't change much though, would not be good for the team if I wasn't around the contest.

As for Scribes team, Gregory at CHB????????????????? Tim Davis is the best defender in Amateur football period. Would walk into CHB in any team in any section. What about Maghamez, he is surely in the best 6 fowards in this comp.

Whats with all of these ormond players - how do they perform in big games like Grand Finals or Grand Final replays against the roys - not that well let me tell you !

I see QC is continuing his analysis of the tigers, and upsetting a few people along the way. Well done son, they need bringing down a peg or two. Some interesting stuff on their website regarding Hampton Rovers and blokes not hanging around for a drink. Roy is very disapointed with such behaviour and does not condone it.

I agree with him (or does he agree with me) the Tigers are yet to play a good team on a big ground. Hampton are very average (yes i know RCT they beat us by 5 points there before you have a heart attack) and will not make the finals. Jackas at E.P. and the long drive to Brunswick St will sort them out.

That is all for know.

Roy

Maghamez in top 6 fwds ! You wld have to be joking.
Davis IS the difference at Reds. Parade wld have beaten you by 5 gls if not for him.

Surprised with Hampton as we have always found them good at the post match.
C Section, generally, is very poor in this area. On 3 occasions this year even the coaches were missing from post match drinks !

KO...I know the regulars at Brindisi street have been disappointed by some of the post match lack of attendance this year and it started Round 1 from HR...reason given was they had a club function on...don't think there are too many club functions starting at 4.30pm (time the game finished this day) and it is only 10 minutes to Hampton. They felt very strongly about it as has been documented. It is a great post match tradition and should be maintained by ALL Clubs...the standard is set in the first 9 games to be reciprocated in the second half. Must say the Fitzroy Reds were impressive post match at the Tigers Den my spies tell me and I know the Tigers faithfull will return in kind.

Roy....Brunswick Street is not a long trip...long trips are Parade at Bundoora, Whitefriars at Donvale and for those a little older...Fawkner & Thomastown (that's a road trip like going interstate!)

Tell me Roy...what's your analysis of why Red's comfortably defeated Parade Round one at home and yet just got over the line by 11 points in the return game last Saturday at Parade (minus D.Boundy)? Have Reds slipped? or just maintained where they are at and Parade improved?

No excuse for 'home' clubs to not attend for at least 30 mins.

Having a drink post match, especially after a loss, is character building for the club.

Reds are not nearly as strong as Rd 1. About 6 goals weaker.

I think the Rovers are being harsly judged for non attendance at the tiger den. As a keen tiger supporter and member, i had quite a few beers with a few of the rovers players and supporters at Brindisi St after the round 1 clash. I was very surprised to read the coment on the Tigers website.

Roy....Brunswick Street is not a long trip...long trips are Parade at Bundoora, Whitefriars at Donvale and for those a little older...Fawkner & Thomastown (that's a road trip like going interstate!)
Friars aint a long trip for everyone :)

As for the earlier posts about the OC crowd, I love em, reckon they are the 2nd best crowd in the Ammos, dont know what the problem is, 2 weeks ago the crowd for Ajax I think it was was shocking especially towards Loats who had a poor day which didnt help

Anyway what are the predictions for the Ajax v Reds game this week? Will it be a good game? Only had 1 close game all year, always enjoy a thriller :)

Rucks - The Beacon

Coach - Mobbenfuhrer

Would love to play for the opposition for a chance to have a crack at BluesNews (in the unlikely event he got off the bench). He'd be bragging about his glory days as a 16 year old boy playing along side Judd and Ball, but he wouldn't put his head over the pill.

On another matter, since when has Boss Reserve been a "big ground"? In my C grade experience, the large grounds are GBO, E'wick, Monash,and of course the finals venue, Sandy.

Fraser, my sources at the Gillon think your team is spot on, so many of those players have torched nobs this year. Great to see ‘Father Time’ Scott Sleep recognized.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scribe

Think your team is pretty solid. Agree with Red Roy (for almost the only time ever) that Davis should have been CHB as he has to be the best Red this year. Gregory from Monash though has been outstanding but playing on ball. He played State and my mail is he is almost clear Club B&F and most would be surprised if he wasn't top 5 comp B&F at the halfway mark as he was the main man behind the Students early form. Good pick with Williams in the ruck, as from all accounts he has had an outstanding year for them too. Understand your reasoning re Lewski and positions, but he surely has to be on the ground. Played Vic u/23 and has been in the best week in, week out. Also a query on both Sullivans...Still a good effort all in all.

Looking forward to a solid fortnight from the Jackas too, starting with a decisive away win at Fitzroy. Also a great game will be Monash v Ormond at Monash. A one point margin last time and all to play for this time!

Alphonse said:
Fraser, my sources at the Gillon think your team is spot on, so many of those players have torched nobs this year. Great to see ‘Father Time’ Scott Sleep recognized.

Alphonse,

He led me a merry dance in A grade almost 10 years ago, and doesn't seem to have slipped much in his 'golden years' - certainly a worthy NOBSPC inclusion.

PS - any sign of Tony M over your way? Or has he found a hidey hole somewhere in the Mediterranean?

Red Roy said:

You are a moron! Not that all of us here didn't know that already...

Miller & Keleher would walk into any team in C grade, probably higher as well, that's why they are in the team. I'll admit Robbins' inclusion is dubious....

And it's on the season so far not past matches...

O'Reilly out, Davis in. No offence meant to O'Reilly, just pipped at post.

That's probably about the sum of it, Vinnie, Kane, Rock Star high perf at the Reds, but I'm sure there are folks at the other clubs that would be as good considering we're mid-table.

All Ormond players to be removed due to their inability to defeat Fitzroy. :D

All StBM players to be removed due to their ground lining up directly up with the sun, not north-south, directly up with the sun! (I think Mackie Road does, also).

All OC players apart from Loats to be removed due to not being Loats.

All Hampton Rovers players not related to bus drivers to be removed.

Otherwise fine. :)

Getting the tips in early this week

Parkdale vs OC - seems as though Loats is unlikely - Parky at home to win
Reds vs Ajax - must win at home for the Reds - maybe just
SBMT vs Paradians - Tigers comfortably (will they risk playing Boundy?)
COBS vs Rovers - NOBS at home by less than 10 points
Blues Students vs Ormond - Uni should have a few back but Ormond for me

No.8

Mobbenfuhrer said:
:thumbsu: hehe I knew we'd swing you round, CFE :p

Well if you can't beat them...(which we haven't been able to do for a while)

On second thoughts nah... I think our clubs are beginning to have a healthy dislike for each other, bring it on I say!!!

Getting the tips in early this week

Parkdale vs OC - seems as though Loats is unlikely - Parky at home to win
Reds vs Ajax - must win at home for the Reds - maybe just
SBMT vs Paradians - Tigers comfortably (will they risk playing Boundy?)
COBS vs Rovers - NOBS at home by less than 10 points
Blues Students vs Ormond - Uni should have a few back but Ormond for me

No.8

Roy will also place his tips:

Parky v OC - No loats, no OC - parky

Reds v Jackas - Here we come, Redders in a canter (good tipping RCT )

STBMT V Parade - Parade were allright last week, tigers will be suffer their first loss.

Nobs v rovers - Nobs - will the rovers stay for a drink - doesn't really matter because from my mail there are no Nobs people there after home games anyway!!! (relegation battle here - must win for both clubs)

Students v Ormond - Ormond can beat almost any team - except the Reds and will do so on Saturday.

That is all from the Roy at this juncture.

Red Roy said:
Roy will also place his tips:

Parky v OC - No loats, no OC - parky

Reds v Jackas - Here we come, Redders in a canter (good tipping RCT )

STBMT V Parade - Parade were allright last week, tigers will be suffer their first loss.

Nobs v rovers - Nobs - will the rovers stay for a drink - doesn't really matter because from my mail there are no Nobs people there after home games anyway!!! (relegation battle here - must win for both clubs)

Students v Ormond - Ormond can beat almost any team - except the Reds and will do so on Saturday.

That is all from the Roy at this juncture.

For me:

Parkdale to win. No Loats, No OC, no matter what anyone else tries to say

Jackas. In too good form to lose to the Reds who are still not convincing.

St Bede's. Easy. Boundy irrelevant.

NOBs. Chance to jump from the relegation zone too alluring.

Monash. Last chance for you Students.

Scribe said:
Thanks for the feedback gents - as was always going to be the case, plenty of genuine claims have already been noted.

As for some specifics:

1. I was looking to slot in 4 or 5 Tigers, but it is a testament to their even-ness that the three mentioned as unlucky omissions were all considered, and would be in a expanded squad of, say 30.

2. Mitch from OC was also considered, but there were too many of similar ilk already in.

3. Davis was going to be my first choice Redder, until I started sifting through the BPs for the season. Dangerous, I know but, given I still play myself, I haven't been to many games as an observer, and figured Chapman and O'Reilly had been more consistent.

4. Robbins could be a tad fortunate, and Lewski was only on the pine because the other two Jackas got a starting slot, in their rightful positions. He'd be rotating on the ball with Ritter, Keleher, Anstey and Miller.

5. Parkdale aren't that far off the pace and the two Sullivans have been instrumental thus far.

6. Bloom's been very good, but you can't go past Loats, and Greenwood has been a shining light up front for the Rovers.

NB - overtheline, I don't subscribe to the STBMT can't play on a big ground theory. Frankly, I think they'll go through the season undefeated, but I was prepared to sacrifice a tip to stir up things at Hampton. Unfortunately, it sppeared to work in reverse!!!!

Thanks for all your input/opinion. Please keep it coming.....

I've heard enough!!! Me at FB and Gregory and Davies better option at CHB, you haven't been watching many C grade games you people and Scribe! 10 straight wins as captain is apparently not enough!!!!

What about my 2 ugly brother surely they are better options than Tyquin(Who carries my bag). Who would I wax with, if there not playing?

One more person you have left out, S.KIDD. I know we are best mates and I shouldn't be pumping him up, but I feel I have too! This bloke gives me the ball a s h i t load of times a game and I want to make it known on big footy that I LOVE HIM!
I will leave you with this from the great John McEnroe
"Full Back" Scribe- YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back