C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Simon Symonds got his wires crossed a touch.

I don't play in C section, but if I did, I doubt I'd be in such esteemed company as the genuine names listed by other forum contributors. However, I'm willing to concede being a genuine w@nker. Usually at least once a week (unless the missus is being particularly generous).

My Top 10 B&F prediction is pretty similar to the rest:

Anstey
Keleher (Orm)
Lewski
Loats
L. Wintle
P. Sullivan
Williams (Mon)
Davis
Tyquin
Routman (smoky)

Frankly, I can't see anyone from the bottom 3 sides polling inside the Top 10 as they simply haven't won enough games.

Still, umpires can work in mysterious ways.

good to hear from you Frase. thought you had lost interest in your old C Section mates and were only posting with the Big Boys in A Section.

Good to see not many of you have diverted far from Reds top 10 in the comp B & F - but people, please put in a bit more effort then just jotting down some names - give your posts some substance with some balanced and fair opinion as the Red always does.

RCT - where are you?? Is there a sale on at Bunnings and you are too busy to post? or have you finally realised that the Red is the pre-eminent commentator on all things C Section?

I am heading off to the Gunn tonight to watch ormond Train - CFE - I will be in a Fitzroy Jumper so you may want to turn the lights out so the lads just don't fall over at the sight of their nemisis!!!!!!

Looking foward to Saturday - Just need hampton and the tigers to do the right thing and look out !!

Full tips will arrive tomorrow along with a comprehensive report on Ormonds training.

Thanks for your continuing support.

The Roy

zoofest43 said:
Comp B+F is a difficult task given I only see teams twice a year.Have to rely heavily on fellow forumites summations of games. That withstood here goes.

1. Anstey
2 Lewski
3. Miller
4. Loats
5. P.Sullivan
6. Gregory
7. Tyquin
8. Ritterman
9. Davis
10. Ajax's boundary umpire

All you guys claim to know a lot about C grade but none of you have Tim Brady in your predictions. Yes I know NOBSPC have only got 5 wins the kid should poll well.

Red Roy said:
good to hear from you Frase. thought you had lost interest in your old C Section mates and were only posting with the Big Boys in A Section.

Good to see not many of you have diverted far from Reds top 10 in the comp B & F - but people, please put in a bit more effort then just jotting down some names - give your posts some substance with some balanced and fair opinion as the Red always does.

RCT - where are you?? Is there a sale on at Bunnings and you are too busy to post? or have you finally realised that the Red is the pre-eminent commentator on all things C Section?

I am heading off to the Gunn tonight to watch ormond Train - CFE - I will be in a Fitzroy Jumper so you may want to turn the lights out so the lads just don't fall over at the sight of their nemisis!!!!!!

Looking foward to Saturday - Just need hampton and the tigers to do the right thing and look out !!

Full tips will arrive tomorrow along with a comprehensive report on Ormonds training.

Thanks for your continuing support.

The Roy

Roy,
I don't think there is any doubt you are the foremost authority on C grade. Ths weeks games

Reds v Ormond- Can Ormond get the monkey off their back? With another strong reds side selected( willy twos have a bye!!), I fancy the mental torment will continue. With St bedes last game, Ormond had better hope for no blowout wins for the teams around them. Reds by plenty!

Monash v St bedes- No gregory, no hope. SBMT bby plenty

Oc vs Nobs- Oc good at home and the giant to kick plenty. Oc for mine

Hampton v Parkdale. How does Parkdale's away record look? Two wins-nobs and parade. Not very impressive. Rovers good against Ajax last week and they will casue an upset and stay in the section.

Parade v Ajax- Bring your mouthguards boys. A little tempted to go for Parade, as Ajax can turn it up on occassions but they have too much ability. Jackas!

Ormond Training Last Night

Red remained reasonably well hidden last night so as not to scare the life out of the Monders. Saw some interesting things though:

- Lots of work on Centre Square stuff - watch for Miller hitting the contest at pace and MConville trying to get it to his right hand side. Will try and get a block on for him

- Kickouts - not much science here, nothing you haven't seen before Burgs

- General Ball movement - trying to create space on the postage stamp by kicking to the fat side of the ground. TD will be well aware of this and will pick off any dangerous balls before they get to Ash Russell

Overall - trained O.K. What was the bit at the end when some sort of religious man came onto the ground and a Fitzroy Jumper was burned and all the players chanted - some sort of Exorcism ????

TIPS:

Reds v Ormond - I won't even bother

Tigers v Students - Gregory maybe out - students are gone

Rovers v Parkdale - Huge game, Rovers can almost secure C section if they win, Parkdale still in with a chance of the four - can local boy get over his tantrum from last week - Roy thinks not, Rovers in an upset

Parade v Jackas - jackas too slick, OP have been eating too much Hungry Jacks

Nobs v OC - the Giant may kick 20 if they leave him on. OC in a canter, NOBS going down

ROY

I think OC will be in a bit of trouble this week down back . . . not as straightforward as one might think. Can they win at home ? Yes, but it may be much closer. I will say less than a goal.

Monash v Bedes - I think this may get really ugly. Up over 15 goals for the mighty Brindisi Street Boys. 17-0 is nothing to sneeze at.

Hampton v Parkdale - Rovers. It's their game for the taking ! To stay in C Grade yet again !

Jackas will have a field day - this one is over. 10 goals plus

Oh, and Reds by 37 points. . . . . . . .

Ormond after the exorcism to finish off "Red's" year.
Tigers in a canter towards the finals. The butcher shop window has even more in's & outs again this week
"Local Boy" will settle down and have his mob prevail in last ditch effort for the finals.
The Jackas easy at Garvey
Likewise OC over the hapless Nobs

Red Roy said:
Ormond Training Last Night

Red remained reasonably well hidden last night so as not to scare the life out of the Monders. Saw some interesting things though:

- Lots of work on Centre Square stuff - watch for Miller hitting the contest at pace and MConville trying to get it to his right hand side. Will try and get a block on for him

- Kickouts - not much science here, nothing you haven't seen before Burgs

- General Ball movement - trying to create space on the postage stamp by kicking to the fat side of the ground. TD will be well aware of this and will pick off any dangerous balls before they get to Ash Russell

Overall - trained O.K. What was the bit at the end when some sort of religious man came onto the ground and a Fitzroy Jumper was burned and all the players chanted - some sort of Exorcism ????

Some would wonder with all that effort of attending training that the Reds might be a bit worried that we may finally beat you guys??

Tips:

Ormond
St Bedes
Parkdale
Ajax
The OC

Spencer Johnson said:
I think OC will be in a bit of trouble this week down back . . . not as straightforward as one might think. Can they win at home ? Yes, but it may be much closer. I will say less than a goal.

Monash v Bedes - I think this may get really ugly. Up over 15 goals for the mighty Brindisi Street Boys. 17-0 is nothing to sneeze at.

Hampton v Parkdale - Rovers. It's their game for the taking ! To stay in C Grade yet again !

Jackas will have a field day - this one is over. 10 goals plus

Oh, and Reds by 37 points. . . . . . . .

suggest that the garvey boys are prepared for one last final fighting effort to remain in c section. big reunion day at Garvey tomorrow, so stay tuned

looks an easy round to tip.

Parkdale Hampton are struggling to much to even save themselves
Ormond Playing consistent footy
St Bede's far to good
Ajax far to quick and accomplished
OC should be to solid

GL to all players

St Bedes & the Jackas must be shoe ins.
Hampton to upset Parkdale in a thriller (here's hoping anyway)
Warnie to knock over Cullinan again
Though the depth of the OC midfield is being tested at the wrong end of the season, 15 fwd entries for the game will mean 15 goals to the Giant. So the Loat-show to roll on for at least another week.

The consensus B&F with Loater in the top 5 is too generous. He hasn't played enough games but should have 5 or 6 BoGs. I think 31 votes won it last year from memory (Smyth).

I'm sticking with what I reckoned at an earlier date :

All the away teams to win this weekend.
Hampton v Parkdale
Ormond v Reds
Monash v StBM
OP v AJAX
OC v NOBS

All the home teams to win the weekend after.
NOBS v Monash
Parkdale v OP
StBM v Ormond
AJAX v OC
Reds v Hampton

StBM 18 wins
AJAX 13
Parkdale 9.5
Ormond 9
---
Reds 9
OC 9
Monash 7.5
NOBs 6
Hampton 5
OP 4

Hmm, Hampton versus Precariousdale! *crosses fingers*

Max here. They were telling us after 6 rounds that the Tigers had a lucky draw. Could not win away from home and could not win on big grounds. So I have told the Chief that he should bet on Monash to win tomorrow! What do you think 99?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlindedByTheLight said:
suggest that the garvey boys are prepared for one last final fighting effort to remain in c section. big reunion day at Garvey tomorrow, so stay tuned

Realise it is Spinder's last home game and other pending retirements on the cards but are they not good enough on this ground for St Bedes Mentone

:thumbsdown:

Well for what it's worth before I pack in the work day

Hampton v Parkdale - Hampton in a last ditch fight to avoid relegation

Ormond v Reds - Reds to continue psychological torture of Ormond

Monash v StBM - Definitely no Gregory so Tigers by minimum 10 goals

OP v AJAX - OP to unsettle Ajax

OC v NOBS - OC to step one foot closer to Sept (I'm thinking if they make it they will continue their trend of making up the numbers!)

Re: top ten b&f

simon symonds said:
TOP 10

1. Fat Pr!ck 36 (OP) Canteen sales gone through the roof for all OP away games. A truly disgusting club led by this bloke

2. Long John Silver (NOBS) Most unaccountable footballer to have played. Onll courageous thing done is walk around with hair like that

3. Bald Red Head (OC) Dirty little sniper who should of been drowned at birth. Bald red and ugly = TRIFECTA

4. M Hayes (PV) Only known survivor of Chernobyl tragedy to be playing c grade ammos

5. P Groves (STBMT) Rep side now playing 2s. Good pick by george. True champion

6. Mahgemez(FR) Never seen someone so scared for someone that size. Epitomises Fitzroy. Shows how good vfl 2s is!

7. Boundy (OP) What a pussy. Taking a year off for a sprained ankle. Has piled on the kgs with his fat mates down at Garvy

8. Kinsella (STBMT)Only seen play once Never seen someone with so little talent give so much lip. Would fit in perferctly down at OP canteen with the rest of the ferals

9.Gold (AJAX) Iwould think he would struggle to produce children naturally looking at his shorts. Real competiton for john stevens

10 Scribe - Sounds like a geniune w anker

Good to see more constuctive posts. Fair dinkum misinformed and not real funny either.
Viva the Red Rock.

Re: top ten b&f

simon symonds said:
TOP 10

1. Fat Pr!ck 36 (OP) Canteen sales gone through the roof for all OP away games. A truly disgusting club led by this bloke

2. Long John Silver (NOBS) Most unaccountable footballer to have played. Onll courageous thing done is walk around with hair like that

3. Bald Red Head (OC) Dirty little sniper who should of been drowned at birth. Bald red and ugly = TRIFECTA

4. M Hayes (PV) Only known survivor of Chernobyl tragedy to be playing c grade ammos

5. P Groves (STBMT) Rep side now playing 2s. Good pick by george. True champion

6. Mahgemez(FR) Never seen someone so scared for someone that size. Epitomises Fitzroy. Shows how good vfl 2s is!

7. Boundy (OP) What a pussy. Taking a year off for a sprained ankle. Has piled on the kgs with his fat mates down at Garvy

8. Kinsella (STBMT)Only seen play once Never seen someone with so little talent give so much lip. Would fit in perferctly down at OP canteen with the rest of the ferals

9.Gold (AJAX) Iwould think he would struggle to produce children naturally looking at his shorts. Real competiton for john stevens

10 Scribe - Sounds like a geniune w anker

Your a genuine tool!!!!!

Ventured to Bluff Road to watch the Parkdale Vultures record a very easy and impressive win over Hampton led by the 'Big Red' Shane Rowley who slotted a lazy 13 odd goals.

'Local Boy' was very pleased with the team's efforts!! :thumbsu:

here goes....

NOBS v Monash. NOBS are playing at home and for c grade survival, Monash for the jumper alone. Neither team have any current form but Monash still should be too polished. .....unless a dozen slabs to ease the burden of being a pauper student comes along.......

Parkdale v Parade. a shoo-in for the bay boys. Loats only wishes he had red hair.

St. Bedes v Ormond. A good pre-finals work out for both sides. Lots of running and no injuries will be the theme of the day for both sides.

Reds v Hampton. the heart says Hampton the head says Reds.
.....unless a dozen slabs to ease the burden of being a pauper student comes along.......

AJAX vOC. Though the rabbis can not go up or down and don't want to get injured, they should be too fast on the big deck for OC. ....unless a dozen slabs comes along...

Should be a cracking round.. my tip for the ladder is:
Finalists: St. bedes, Ajax, Ormond, Parkdale
MIddle of the road: OC, Monash, Reds, Hampton
D Grade and thanks for the memories: NOBS and Parade

Carlton & United Breweries could be the real winners.

Three Malugas said:
OC from what we read now close to full strength. Jackers also have players back in. Parkdale as good as they will get list wise. Jackers getting players back. No word from Tigers or Ormond all season on outs. Number Tiger Reserves players in seniors over past few weeks. Still continue to win well though. Ormond keeping pretty low and are disciplined outfit. Parkdale getting the most out of their list. Can't afford more injuries.

Thoughts for the last four weeks.
Ajax to win 4 ? mark over Ormond game
Ormond to win 2 with possible win over Jackers.
OC to win 2. On form won't beat Tigers and Jackers.
Monash to win 1. Dont be suprised if they lose to NOBS last game away. Only win Reds.
Parkdale to win 3. Expect them to upset Monash. Will beat Rovers and Parade.

On that basis. Tigers, Jackers, Ormond and Parkdale for the final 4.

Parade are gone. Rovers or Reds the other candidate. Depends whether Rovers can win two games. Will be touch and go. Expect NOBS to get over Reds this week

Not far off it back in July. Will this be the week of upsets?

richoooo said:
here goes....

NOBS v Monash. NOBS are playing at home and for c grade survival, Monash for the jumper alone. Neither team have any current form but Monash still should be too polished. .....unless a dozen slabs to ease the burden of being a pauper student comes along.......

Parkdale v Parade. a shoo-in for the bay boys. Loats only wishes he had red hair.

St. Bedes v Ormond. A good pre-finals work out for both sides. Lots of running and no injuries will be the theme of the day for both sides.

Reds v Hampton. the heart says Hampton the head says Reds.
.....unless a dozen slabs to ease the burden of being a pauper student comes along.......

AJAX vOC. Though the rabbis can not go up or down and don't want to get injured, they should be too fast on the big deck for OC. ....unless a dozen slabs comes along...

Should be a cracking round.. my tip for the ladder is:
Finalists: St. bedes, Ajax, Ormond, Parkdale
MIddle of the road: OC, Monash, Reds, Hampton
D Grade and thanks for the memories: NOBS and Parade

Carlton & United Breweries could be the real winners.

Well summarised, especially for the relegation teams. It really is thanks for the memories to two once proud A Garde clubs who have failed to move with teh times and abused those who have had vision and wanted to help but were ignored. Long live the revolution.

bit of a disapointment to see Old Paradians getting relegated to D1 Section. Have no one to blame but themselves though, **** training drills and cannot attract skilful players from the school. Them going down to D1 next year will see them lose Bounty to Bundoora and many potential under 19s who are having to go up to play seniors next year will leave.. most likely to Old trinity where the facilities are brilliant.
what does anyone else think about this?

dv07 said:
bit of a disapointment to see Old Paradians getting relegated to D1 Section. Have no one to blame but themselves though, **** training drills and cannot attract skilful players from the school. Them going down to D1 next year will see them lose Bounty to Bundoora and many potential under 19s who are having to go up to play seniors next year will leave.. most likely to Old trinity where the facilities are brilliant.
Yes, disappointing to see Parade go down. Seems Parade has some terriffic older blokes that need help from the playing group. Instead of pulling the plug players should be taking up the reins with recruiting and getting the club up the grades.

dv07 said:

Yer I think they can't cope with the loss of the p00f of Daniel Harford! Will Fantone stand up??

dv07 said:

yes, it will be very hard for Boundy to resist the anticipated huge offers that will now come from some of the diamond valley clubs. Suggest that Bundoora wont be the highest bidder. And most likely many of their under 19s will do what ones have done before them - move back to their original local clubs and get some cash when they lpay seniors.
Relegation will mean that players like Brabander can now go on and pay 400 games when he and oters should ahve retired years ago and been prepared to let the emerging players come in. These are the ones that have since departed for the local clubs where they are made much more welcome.
Time for major changes at Garvey. Long live teh Revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back