Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has a tendency to kick of the instep resulting in the occasional grubber and decision making was sometimes questionable. His follow up work looked good in his pre-draft highlights, not sure if gameplan stifled it as he didn't really show much of it at VFL level.

Seemed like a good kid though so hope he does well.
What part of the foot are you actually supposed to kick the ball?

Not the medial portion that's for sure.
Yeah you absolutely are. If I had to pick one bone you would kick with, it would be perhaps the intermediate cuneiform which is definitely on the medial side of the foot.

images

Yeah you absolutely are. If I had to pick one bone you would kick with, it would be perhaps the intermediate cuneiform which is definitely on the medial side of the fooot
The dorsal aspect of the int. cuniform, sure. But I was talking medial aspect, we're not talking soccer here.

Off topic royal, but I know it’s your area . Charlie dean, foot issues, solvable? Any thoughts? Or just genetics

I believe his latest fracture was to the 5th metatarsal, although I haven’t been tracking things closely. That particular location, known as a Jones fracture, is notorious for not uniting well, and often requires surgical fixation, and sometimes the screw doesn’t even hold well enough and a revision surgery is required to put a bigger screw in!

It will likely eventually be sorted and not pose any long term issues, but must be enormously frustrating for him when he’s trying to make an impression and further his development.

This is an X-ray of the kind of screw I’m referring to in his foot; you can see on the right the screw has broken. This is another potential complication of surgical reduction in this type of injury.

images

I believe his latest fracture was to the 5th metatarsal, although I haven’t been tracking things closely. That particular location, known as a Jones fracture, is notorious for not uniting well, and often requires surgical fixation, and sometimes the screw doesn’t even hold well enough and a revision surgery is required to put a bigger screw in!

It will likely eventually be sorted and not pose any long term issues, but must be enormously frustrating for him when he’s trying to make an impression and further his development.

This is an X-ray of the kind of screw I’m referring to in his
Thanks Dr 😊

This is an X-ray of the kind of screw I’m referring to in his foot; you can see on the right the screw has broken. This is another potential complication of surgical reduction in this type of injury.

images
Thanks mate, good to hear there’s atleast somewhat of a positive outlook for him. Bit of an anomaly old dean. Has scope to be handy addition but we’ve barely seen him

Bit more encouraging in today's training photos.

View attachment 1706938

With both Richards and JJ out, I reckon he's a shout to debut for us this week.
I'll have to watch the game if he does. Does look like he has put on some weight in the upper body.
He's gonna have to compete with Smith for the Mullet privileges lol

Bit more encouraging in today's training photos.

View attachment 1706938

With both Richards and JJ out, I reckon he's a shout to debut for us this week.
Goodluck to the kid. Def put on a few kg’s. If he can improve his kicking he might still find a role. Could make a decent defensive winger if he was able to fix a few areas.

images
Hey doc, they reckon they've sorted out his running mechanics and he is progressing much better. do you know if he's had a screw already put in or have they been letting it heal by itself?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey doc, they reckon they've sorted out his running mechanics and he is progressing much better. do you know if he's had a screw already put in or have they been letting it heal by itself?

I am not sure, I haven’t been following the press releases closely enough.

Also, just to be clear, I’m a physiotherapist not a doctor, so you don’t have to call me “Doc”. :D

images

I hope you got permission of the feet before publishing that photo....

I hope you got permission of the feet before publishing that photo....

It was already publicly available but I do expect a lawsuit from the feet any time now…

i hear that swipey is representing the feet. Be afraid... It appears he has an affinity with feet

Dang, I’ll get Kirby to represent me and then we can…
giphy.gif

… until both complainant and respondent are broke. Which is my case would take about negative 10 mins.

Dang, I’ll get Kirby to represent me and then we can…
giphy.gif

… until both complainant and respondent are broke. Which is my case would take about negative 10 mins.
You chose the wrong lawyer mister TRS. Hiring Kirby is a surefire way to wind up coughing up the house, wife, job, and your goldfish to this aforementioned foot.

You chose the wrong lawyer mister TRS. Hiring Kirby is a surefire way to wind up coughing up the house, wife, job, and your goldfish to this aforementioned foot.

Nah Kirby’s my guy. Anyone who can save me from (or condemn me to, I forget which) a nuclear meltdown has my vote. Probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back