Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great runner and hard worker, but his disposal when he has the ball was something that worried me this year. Just seemed to hack it. Doesn't quite have the composure. Definitely has some way to go developing in terms of those moments. I'm not sure quite he was a wingman. I would have tried him in another position. Half back? Some time in the middle?
I thought I lacked a bit defensively Jen I watched a fair bit of the VFL too as I'm interested in how players are going and how youngsters are developing, I reckon he should've played half back but his disposal is a bit wayward, reckon he could turn into a decent player still if he wants it enough.

I thought I lacked a bit defensively Jen I watched a fair bit of the VFL too as I'm interested in how players are going and how youngsters are developing, I reckon he should've played half back but his disposal is a bit wayward, reckon he could turn into a decent player still if he wants it enough.
Yeah, probably could have worked on his defensive work especially if wing is your position. I do agree, could have put him down back as a learning curve, not a bad thing for a youngster. Hopefully he finds somewhere and works hard, puts on some weight.

Yeah, probably could have worked on his defensive work especially if wing is your position. I do agree, could have put him down back as a learning curve, not a bad thing for a youngster. Hopefully he finds somewhere and works hard, puts on some weight.
Yeah these days a winger has to work back hard defensively, maybe that's why they didn't have him down back because of his defensive deficiencies, you are spot on he needs more size to him, I think he'll end up on a list even if it's not this year and he goes back to state League for a bit

Yeah these days a winger has to work back hard defensively, maybe that's why they didn't have him down back because of his defensive deficiencies, you are spot on he needs more size to him, I think he'll end up on a list even if it's not this year and he goes back to state League for a bit
The issue is that after two years, he doesn't appear to have put on any size or improved his contested game at all and he's not good enough with ball in hand to not have a contested game or be a defensive psychopath.

The issue is that after two years, he doesn't appear to have put on any size or improved his contested game at all and he's not good enough with ball in hand to not have a contested game or be a defensive psychopath.
His size could have been an issue, like Mcmahon. Maybe they didnt think he was gonna be able to put on the weight required.

His size could have been an issue, like Mcmahon. Maybe they didnt think he was gonna be able to put on the weight required.
Just very little improvement in any area stuffed him. Probably just had to improve in one aspect and he would have gotten an extra year.

Just very little improvement in any area stuffed him. Probably just had to improve in one aspect and he would have gotten an extra year.
yeah, big warning signs when he was never in consideration even on the emg for games during the season. Something was going on there. He was racking up good enough numbers, but they clearly wanted him to improve on areas. Whether its the defensive work for a winger, whether it was his disposal when he had the ball. It's hard to know.

yeah, big warning signs when he was never in consideration even on the emg for games during the season. Something was going on there. He was racking up good enough numbers, but they clearly wanted him to improve on areas. Whether its the defensive work for a winger, whether it was his disposal when he had the ball. It's hard to know.
Unfortunately he just didn't really improve any parts of his game - offensively, defensively or in a contest - nor did he improve his body. Hopefully for his sake, development comes later and he gets another shot somewhere.

taking it from the way he played and the fact that he was still living with jack crisp at the end of year 2, i got a feeling that he was just going through the motions. Whether he was homesick or not interested in playing professional footy, I think that might have been the source of it. Just a stab in the dark

Unfortunately he just didn't really improve any parts of his game - offensively, defensively or in a contest - nor did he improve his body. Hopefully for his sake, development comes later and he gets another shot somewhere.
That is true and I thought he regressed this year, however I did think he showed a couple of signs in his first year, he played 11 games but Jen is right he was never really in consideration to play this year, I think he played 1 game this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked up in the mid season draft by the Bulldogs. Good luck to him

Terrible footballer, goodluck to him, I hope he can improve some things and play some games.

Size is only one element. He also lacked any intent toward contested footy. That isn't a derivative of size, more so mindset.

Also a terrible kick and decision making was average at best.

We effectively chose Markov over keeping him, I am happy with our decision
How so?

That was some 3D chess move on our part delisting him in October then trialling Markov and bumping him, foreseeing the injury to Dean, then snatching him from the cesspit at Princes Park at the last minute.

Maybe Uri Geller was brought in as a consultant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back