Cameron Mooney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiff coming up against Scarlett though. If he had've played on Croad he would've kicked 10;).

Croad was good on Franklin for the most part.

It was very smart coaching by Thompson, he outdid Williams yet again.

Williams had Rutten on Fevola for way too long :rolleyes: who looked utterly inept. Too slow, too dumb.

He had one of the 'awesome foursome' Pavlich at CHB :confused:

Thompson went with Croad on Buddy and Mooney on Scarlett, assuming that both defenders would know those forwards inside out and it worked very well. Mooney did f--- all and Buddy was contained when forward.

Mooney was quite ordinary tonight, even compared to his below par start to the season. At his best he is a very good player. But most people here are going on this one game. I could pick a dozen players who weren't much better than him tonight...... but I can't be stuffed.

I do think he was a borderline decision for AA but he did have a very good 2007 season.

Never really rated him, he's ok but nothing out of the ordinary. Would be absolutely nothing in front of an average side.

I think he got in the way of Pav tonight. They were basically forced to play Pav up the ground because Mooney can only really play up forward. I would certainly have been playing Pav deep forward instead of Mooney late in the game.

I don't agree with that. Mooney's at his best at CHF.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw Bradshaw playing on mooney for a bit. I remember a contest where mooney was going for the mark bradshaw was falling over sograd mooneys arm and pulled him down, yet the umpire didn't pay the free kick even though he had the best angle to see it from only 5m away.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw Bradshaw playing on mooney for a bit. I remember a contest where mooney was going for the mark bradshaw was falling over sograd mooneys arm and pulled him down, yet the umpire didn't pay the free kick even though he had the best angle to see it from only 5m away.

It'd be fair to say everyone played on everyone at some stage.

Bit of a farce really, seeing Pav and Bradshaw in respective backlines.

The concept won't last. I mean tonight's game was see- sawing, close and high scoring to the naked eye but I still found it a touch boring.

Aren't Robert Walls and Mike Sheahan on the seletion committee? (correct me if i'm wrong) great experts if so :rolleyes:

sheehan isnt,walls is.People on bf like to bag him but he has played the game at the highest level,played in 3 premierships and been a premiership coach so yes he does know more than people who have never played the game once in their life.

he was picked by the experts.I will concede franklin is better know so i doubt mooney will get in this year.But mooney is just as good as riewoldt and better than lucas

Do a poll and find out. YOur precious little world might fall.

I do remeber one C.Mooney getting towelled by Ryder when we lost by 99 points.

He is a very average thug. We'd have him - but we aren't that good - circa 2000 he would be replacing Jonathon Robran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sheehan isnt,walls is.People on bf like to bag him but he has played the game at the highest level,played in 3 premierships and been a premiership coach so yes he does know more than people who have never played the game once in their life.

Walls considers Jarrad Waite - who in reality is 24, a 'youngster' in football terms

'nuff said

Croad was good on Franklin for the most part.

It was very smart coaching by Thompson, he outdid Williams yet again.

Williams had Rutten on Fevola for way too long :rolleyes: who looked utterly inept. Too slow, too dumb.

Thompson went with Croad on Buddy and Mooney on Scarlett, assuming that both defenders would know those forwards inside out and it worked very well. Mooney did f--- all and Buddy was contained when forward.

Bolton should have gone to Fev but he had his hands full owning Brown as per usual :D

Mooney's a good player but his perceived stocks have risen recently due completely to the fact that he is on the receiving end of the best delivery the game has to offer. I'm not saying he's a hack but as was proven tonight.... he has no place in an all stars game (unlike most of his team mates :D)

When the Dream Team named four excellent tall forwards, it was already probable that the four Victorian controlling umpires would choose this week to put the whistles away and allow defenders to consistently infringe on them. Then it happened.

In those circumstances, of course you move Pavlich to defence.

Beautifully said

Mooney has struggled this year but these morons dont seem to be able to comprehend that AA was based on last years performances....and he was great last year.....kicked about 3 goals on Brian Harris in the first 10 minutes of a game last year...not too many forwards have done that

So to all you clowns out there....yes Mooney has struggled this season and probably didnt deserve selection for tonights game but he was A grade last year and that is why he was AA....

Is that clear enough?

so, drew petrie kicked six in a quarter on him should he be all australian mooney was the luckiest player in the aa team to be selected, no doubt

Mooney was quite ordinary tonight, even compared to his below par start to the season. At his best he is a very good player. But most people here are going on this one game. I could pick a dozen players who weren't much better than him tonight...... but I can't be stuffed.

I do think he was a borderline decision for AA but he did have a very good 2007 season.

You're correct that its wrong to judge him on one game but I think it was probably a good representation of where is actually at. Most astute observers recognise that he is a good player however he is one that benefits from an elevated status due to playing alongside a midfield of out an out champions. He probably rates somewhere between 15-25 in the best forwards in the game.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Me too dude.

IIRC the justification for his selection over Franklin and Lucas from Gerard Healy on OTC was the number of goal assists.

Cam apparently had many while the other two had very few. (Rhyme unintended :D)

Cameron Mooney is the John Stockton of the AFL? :)

The selectors' opinion - not mine. ;)

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Me too dude.

IIRC the justification for his selection over Franklin and Lucas from Gerard Healy on OTC was the number of goal assists.

Cam apparently had many while the other two had very few. (Rhyme unintended :D)

Cameron Mooney is the John Stockton of the AFL? :)

The selectors' opinion - not mine. ;)

Super - perhaps this year someone can be named AA due to collecting the most number of shepherds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back