Cameron Mooney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mooney was poor tonight but he was a deserving AA selection last year.

5 goals in a grand final is testament to that. How many other players running around tonight have achieved that?

Serious. Because he kicked 5 goals in the GF he deserves AA?
I didnt know thats what selection was based on:confused:

Super - perhaps this year someone can be named AA due to collecting the most number of shepherds.

Geez guys, its just a game...perhaps it makes the Geelong legend even greater if they can win a premiership with such an obvious dud taken CHF.

Wow, Mooney is clearly such a liability to Geelong that he must be worth about at least 5 goals to the opposition....especially after he performed badly in this one game. I mean you talk about the Leon Davis grandfinals of 2002 and 2003 and it just pales in comparison to Mooneys performances last year and this year...i mean is he some sort of opposition playing spy deliberately trying to infiltrate and lower the grade of Geelongs team game?

Who gives a ____, love Moons, he does his job, he is a great guy and a valuable member of the geelong contingent that has lost 1 game (with a kick on the siren) over the last 27...

I am sure Cameron Mooney is deeply insulted by these harsh posts within Big Footy and will most likely retire from the game next week.

Mooney's a good player but his perceived stocks have risen recently due completely to the fact that he is on the receiving end of the best delivery the game has to offer. I'm not saying he's a hack but as was proven tonight.... he has no place in an all stars game (unlike most of his team mates :D)
q lynch still looked ordinary when he had judd, cousins, embley, kerr drilling it to him week after week, and some would say wce mid was better, would you?

either q lynch is poor beyond recognition or mooney does deserve at least some credit

q lynch still looked ordinary when he had judd, cousins, embley, kerr drilling it to him week after week, and some would say wce mid was better, would you?

either q lynch is poor beyond recognition or mooney does deserve at least some credit

But you'd have to agree Lynch looks a hell of a lot worse atm than he did when he was on the end of the delivery of that superstar midfield yes?

He has been shocking this season.

But you'd have to agree Lynch looks a hell of a lot worse atm than he did when he was on the end of the delivery of that superstar midfield yes?

He has been shocking this season.
granted, he wouldnt be an all aussie if he didnt have that midfield, you can say that about a lot of things though, when cousins was in the side (when judd won his brownlow) if cousins wasnt in the side and judd was taking the first tagger, would he had won it, (again earlier in his career we now know what he is capable of) but its the same thing, mooney didnt look ordinary when he had that coming to him, perhaps coz of his body, he was held by scarlett remember, ive seen a lot of players do worse then that... ok not that much worse but you get the idea. q lynch did, so we kinda expected for him to fall in a heap, thus is why wce were pushing for fev, should have pushed harder me thinks :p

Players who should have been AA in front of Mooney last year.

1. Scott Lucas
2. Russell Robertson
3. Brent Ebert
4. Lance Franklin

2.8 goals a game from a full forward in a team kicking over 17 a week?

Players who should have been AA in front of Mooney last year.

1. Scott Lucas
2. Russell Robertson
3. Brent Ebert
4. Lance Franklin

2.8 goals a game from a full forward in a team kicking over 17 a week?

A team that scored more than any other, without a single player kicking more than 5 goals in a game.

Got some more stats for us?

I don't think Mooney is the greatest or anything, however he isn't nearly as bad as some people are making him out to be. He is probably a slightly better then average forward in a good team. Having said that, he has also been out of form this year. If the SOO was held last year when Moons was on fire, probably would have seen a better display from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mooney's a good player. He's probably slightly overrated considering the company he keeps at Geelong, but he's a quality player and I'd love him at the Swans.

He didn't look interested tonight right from the get-go. Trotted out when his name was called and didn't seem to get past 1st gear all night. It didn't help that Mr Scarlett was on his tail all night, mind you.

Been slightly disappointing (and badly undisciplined) over his whole career in general but last year (just that year) he was exceptional. He was about as good as he could have been for Geelong last year and our most influential player. Isn't it something that when he produced his absolute best that Geelong stormed to a flag?

As for this 'only 2.8 goals per game' rubbish he played largely at CHF ffs and is VERY unselfish (at times to our detriment). How many did Carey and Tredrea average a year from there? Some awfully stupid and ignorant posts here and overreactions after a poor game tonight (which he should not have been picked for I agree, not his fault though he did not pick himself). Where were you lot after last years GF and or just after he was picked for AA? Bit harder to bash and criticise him then wasn't it? :rolleyes:

A few people here may also need to look up the leaders in marks last year and check the name below Matthew Pavlich.

Scarlett had the easiest job on the paddock by the looks of it. Mooney didnt work. He's better than that.

Some of the so called "matchups" looked like they were supposed to create "interest" amongst fans rather than being based on common sense. Croad on his teammate and Scarlett the same.

Why else would u put the games #1 KP defender on the 4th-5th best KP fwd ?

Are we allowed to mention how useless Pavlich,Bradshaw and Richardson were or did only one forward have a bad game ?

I think you're missing the point...last nights game just showed how shit Mooney really is.

Pavlich is an actual superstar, Bradshaws coming second in the coleman, and Richos.....well just Richo and we all love 'im!:thumbsu:

Been slightly disappointing (and badly undisciplined) over his whole career in general but last year (just that year) he was exceptional. He was about as good as he could have been for Geelong last year and our most influential player. Isn't it something that when he produced his absolute best that Geelong stormed to a flag?

As for this 'only 2.8 goals per game' rubbish he played largely at CHF ffs and is VERY unselfish (at times to our detriment). How many did Carey and Tredrea average a year from there? Some awfully stupid and ignorant posts here and overreactions after a poor game tonight (which he should not have been picked for I agree, not his fault though he did not pick himself). Where were you lot after last years GF and or just after he was picked for AA? Bit harder to bash and criticise him then wasn't it? :rolleyes:

A few people here may also need to look up the leaders in marks last year and check the name below Matthew Pavlich.

Helped along by terrific service- considering what Pavlich had to work with, imagine how he would go with Ablett, Bartel and Corey circa 2007 putting it on his chest.

Mooney is great at Geelong, because he's....very Geelong. Three genuine elites in Ablett, Bartel and Scarlett (Selwood pending), backed up by a very even team of good to excellent players who all have a job to do and get the best out of themselves. Mooney is much better than he was last night, but in a team with Franklin and Pavlich (who was also disappointing), he didn't warrant the best fullback in the comp, even if he was firing. Maybe Bomber wanted to give them something to joke about at training

Scarlett had the easiest job on the paddock by the looks of it. Mooney didnt work. He's better than that.

Some of the so called "matchups" looked like they were supposed to create "interest" amongst fans rather than being based on common sense. Croad on his teammate and Scarlett the same.

Why else would u put the games #1 KP defender on the 4th-5th best KP fwd ?

Like I predicted the match- up's chopped and changed all night.

Scarlett spent time on Mooney, Motlop, Pavlich and Franklin. Primarily on Mooney though. Which was great coaching by Thompson, he knew that Croad would know Franklin inside out and Scarlett would know Mooney inside out. Both worked, Franklin was contained when forward, Mooney did nothing.

I was glad to see the Vics coached in order to win.

Helped along by terrific service- considering what Pavlich had to work with, imagine how he would go with Ablett, Bartel and Corey circa 2007 putting it on his chest.

Mooney is great at Geelong, because he's....very Geelong. Three genuine elites in Ablett, Bartel and Scarlett (Selwood pending), backed up by a very even team of good to excellent players who all have a job to do and get the best out of themselves. Mooney is much better than he was last night, but in a team with Franklin and Pavlich (who was also disappointing), he didn't warrant the best fullback in the comp, even if he was firing. Maybe Bomber wanted to give them something to joke about at training

It's called tactical coaching. Playing the %'s in order to win.

The match- up's changed all night anyway.

You can't blame Pavlich!! He had Campbell Brown on him! Browny always towels him up!!

Mooney on the hand... amazing how bad he looks surrounded by genuine stars..unlike his overated counter-parts at Geelong!

Try the fact that that dumb arse Williams had arguably the game's perennial forward at CHB for alot of the match.

Rediculous.

SEN voted Pav worst on, but it wasn't his fault, that honour should go to Rutten, who had his weaknesses exposed without Adelaide's defensive scheme and flooding numbers to protect him. Beaten by everyone he went near.

Mooney had an awful game. He played on the best defender in the game. Players average 1.7 goals on Scarlett this year. There are a lot of overated forwards this year, seven at least so far, and more coming by this summation. Very accurate posts by opposition supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back