MRP / Trib. Caminiti hit on Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at him laying on the ground, that was not fake
Hard to see how someone could be knocked out by that...looked to me he was embarrassed lying there on the ground having his arse kicked by an 18 yo and wasn't sure how he was going to get out of this without losing all street cred.

But Murphy's intent was to hit Cameneti to the body - which he did.

Camineti' intent was to hit Murphy to the body also.

The difference is the outcome - the intent was the same.

Strange rule.
The grading in general is bizarre. So I understand that this is graded "severe" impact because Murphy was concussed.

But surely, this should be "high" impact instead of "severe" impact. I think most AFL players would not be concussed from that hit, but clearly some players (Murphy, McCartin etc.) with a history of concussion could be concussed by what might be low-medium impact contact. If this was a straight punch to the head, or something in that ballpark, absolutely that should be "severe". For me, this should be "high".

To me, it looks like Murphy pushes Caminiti and then Hammer pushes him back and goes to bump him. Unfortunately hits him high so gets weeks, hopefully 3-4 weeks.

Hard to see how someone could be knocked out by that...looked to me he was embarrassed lying there on the ground having his arse kicked by an 18 yo and wasn't sure how he was going to get out of this without losing all street cred.
"While the Drs medical report says he did suffer a concussion, we'd like to submit evidence from Saint12 who has studied the footage and concluded Murphy is just a soft**** who was embarrassed to be floored by a younger opponent."

The grading in general is bizarre. So I understand that this is graded "severe" impact because Murphy was concussed.

But surely, this should be "high" impact instead of "severe" impact. I think most AFL players would not be concussed from that hit, but clearly some players (Murphy, McCartin etc.) with a history of concussion could be concussed by what might be low-medium impact contact. If this was a straight punch to the head, or something in that ballpark, absolutely that should be "severe". For me, this should be "high".

Like I said before there are some players like Murphy and McCartin with a history of concussions that can be concussed more easily than other players.

A glancing blow with low or medium impact could concuss them so rating a hit to the head as severe because that player got concussed is a nonsense.

Many other players probably would have just shrugged off that blow from Caminiti and kept on playing, in that case this incident may not have even been looked at but because Murphy was concussed suddenly people are acting like Caminiti king hit him and should be rubbed out for over 4 weeks.

Like I said before there are some players like Murphy and McCartin with a history of concussions that can be concussed more easily than other players.

A glancing blow with low or medium impact could concuss them so rating a hit to the head as severe because that player got concussed is a nonsense.

Many other players probably would have just shrugged off that blow from Caminiti and kept on playing, in that case this incident may not have even been looked at but because Murphy was concussed suddenly people are acting like Caminiti king hit him and should be rubbed out for over 4 weeks.
It’s not relevant that someone else may not of got concussed. He elected to hit a bloke off the ball resulting in the player he hit being diagnosed with a concussion.

Was this the first game of footy you guys have ever seen or something? Just like when a player elects to bump it is their own responsibility to not hit a player high, those who elect to throw an elbow also have a responsibility to not hit their opponent high. The onus is not on the recipient of the hit to not get hit in the head, how biased can one possibly be grasping at straws like this lol.

Last edited:
Was this the first game of footy you guys have ever seen or something? Just like when a player elects to bump it is their own responsibility to not hit a player high, those who elect to throw an elbow also have a responsibility to not hit their opponent high. The onus is not on the recipient of the hit to not get hit in the head, how biased can one possibly grasping at straws like this lol.
Stand up like a man and get hit in the chest
Choose to fold over and duck then you get the hit in the head. Bloke lives in a funk so he gets concussed. He's an embarrassment.

To me, it looks like Murphy pushes Caminiti and then Hammer pushes him back and goes to bump him. Unfortunately hits him high so gets weeks, hopefully 3-4 weeks.
Under the grading system it could be 2-3 (depending on careless or intentional).

It's at the tribunal though so it's all out of the window. AFL will run a focus group to determine the best PR they can get with a punishment, and apply that

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Good on Murphy though, start a fight, get laid out then mouth off when the guy is 50m away and play the victim after the siren. What a flog.

Stand up like a man and get hit in the chest
Choose to fold over and duck then you get the hit in the head. Bloke lives in a funk so he gets concussed. He's an embarrassment.
Your loss was 2 days ago now, 2010 was 13 years ago, time to stop melting and focus on the next round. Why let a bad tenant live in your head rent free?

For the record I agree that Caminiti most likely didn't intend to hit him high, but rules are rules and he will learn to aim lower and more carefully with any future retaliation. Worth 2 weeks off for mine, I imagine that the tribunal will be more harsh than that but who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, if the AFL want to stamp this s**t out any punch/whack/slap needs to come with a suspension regardless of outcome, as we see here the Saints player didn’t mean to knock him out but did, if Murphy didn’t whack him he wouldn’t have been knocked out, stop the first hit and the second doesn’t happen, have a zero tolerance approach and the players will soon learn.

I think a send off rule could be useful for stamping it out.
It baffles me that the AFL doesn't have a send off rule (either for 10 mins or for the rest of the game) for professional fouls.

Agree. The impact wasn't severe - the consequence was.

It was a hit off the ball that led to the victim being concussed. Exactly the same.

They were both off the ball but Hall's strike was a blatant king hit that knocked Staker out and he intended to hit him in the head.

Caminiti struck Murphy with his forearm/elbow and was intending to hit his chest before he ducked and he wasn't knocked out, he was just concussed.

To say they are exactly the same is ridiculous, there are numerous differences between the two incidents and the suspension should be different too.

Under the grading system it could be 2-3 (depending on careless or intentional).

It's at the tribunal though so it's all out of the window. AFL will run a focus group to determine the best PR they can get with a punishment, and apply that
Not being a big 4 club, they'll get the multiplier rather than the discount

Camintini will have to get 4 because there was a concussion.
I'm never into considering the outcome of an action, especially when the person who landed on their arse is a ****ing fairy who ducked into the contact and initiated it with a shitty king hit anyway.

What would be Kozzie Pickett's suspension if Murphy copped the same bump Bailey Smith brushed off? Murphy would probably be dead right now.

Edit: Also by this logic Kozzie probably should have got off, Bailey didn't even flinch when he was barrelled into.

They were both off the ball but Hall's strike was a blatant king hit that knocked Staker out and he intended to hit him in the head.

Caminiti struck Murphy with his forearm/elbow and was intending to hit his chest before he ducked and he wasn't knocked out, he was just concussed.

To say they are exactly the same is ridiculous, there are numerous differences between the two incidents and the suspension should be different too.

Disagree. Off the ball so automatically intentional.

This should be 8 weeks. Sickening stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Caminiti hit on Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back