Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What a bullshit season though - the 13/18 sides have winning percentage over 50. The bottom 5 sides are utter crap
Has there been a worse bottom three than North, Richmond and West Coast in recent history?

Usually you'd get one, maybe two teams tops stink it up that badly during a season but to have three teams this woeful is very unusual in a supposedly professional league with multiple equalisation policies.

Has there been a worse bottom three than North, Richmond and West Coast in recent history?

Usually you'd get one, maybe two teams tops stink it up that badly during a season but to have three teams this woeful is very unusual in a supposedly professional league with multiple equalisation policies.
Yes, 2012 there were a number of pathetic teams - two of them purely due to being expansion teams but the Demons and the Bulldogs were very poor that year as well.

2018. St Kilda, and the Suns only won 4 games each and Carlton only won 2. The Suns and Carlton both had sub-60 percentages.

Remember in 2018 when Port were in 4th place with 11 wins and 4 losses @ Round 16 before going completely off the boil and losing 6 of the next 8 games and missing finals? I'm trying to manifest that for Essendon right now.

Could you add Geelong as well please?

Just gotta take it all a game at a time. Here's the run home for the teams where batting with. If we want to win our next 3 games then we'll have to make the most of our opportunities.

GWSCatsPortDeesLionsFreoDogsSunsHawks
Blues (H)Hawks (H)Dogs (H)Eagles (H)Crows (H)Tigers (H)Port (A)North (A)Cats (A)
Tigers (A)Pies (A)Suns (A)Scum (H)Eagles (A)Hawks (A)Blues (H)Port (H)Freo (H)
Suns (H)Dogs (A)Tigers (H)Freo (A)Swans (H)Dees (H)Cats (A)Giants (A)Pies (H)
Dees (A)North (A)Blues (A)Giants (H)Suns (A)Eagles (H)Swans (A)Lions (H)Crows (A)
Hawks (H)Crows (H)Swans (H)Dogs (A)Saints (A)Scum (A)Dees (H)Eagles (A)Giants (A)
Lions (A)Freo (A)Dees (A)Port (H)Giants (H)Cats (H)Crows (A)Scum (A)Blues (A)
Freo (H)Saints (A)Crows (H)Suns (A)Pies (A)Giants (A)North (H)Dees (H)Tigers (H)
Dogs (A)Eagles (H)Freo (A)Pies (H)Scum (H)Port (H)Giants (H)Tigers (A)North (H)

Thank you for calling Essendon by their correct name. 👍

For the past 6 weeks, the boys have had various challenges to overcome, and prove themselves. A come from behind win against GWS. Playing in front of over 90000 fans, most of which were against them, for Dusty’s 300th and CJ’s 50th. Coming off the bye to face a full strength West Coast in Perth. Our next challenge is facing Geelong at Geelong. Ground will be filled with feral supporters, playing on a sub standard ground, that is unique. Be playing a seasoned team, that beat us in round 3. Having a vast majority of 50/50 calls going against them.

It’s just another hurdle in their development to prove they can overcome. Each new challenge, have made them better. I would love to see another 10+ goal thumping of the cats, as they slide down the ladder, while we rise up. Win this and we are one step closer to making finals

We definitely need Lewis firing. Harsh as it may sound Wingard won’t get back in. Moore, Ginnivan, Macdonald and Watson all ahead. Breust will play cameos (hopefully win a game or 2 of his own boot) but not sure we will see much of him as a 4 quarter player here on in.
I said Wingard back to his form last season which is superior to what Ginnivan, Macdonald and Watson are at currently. Not by a lot but the class of Wingard for finals beats out the consistent shanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this week I'd like Port over Dogs; Crows over Lions; Blues over GWS; North over Suns; and, Eagles over Melb.
Not all are likely, but would be fun.
Can't make my mind about which is better for us in the Magpies v. **********;
I’m thinking we want Dogs to beat Port, who have the tougher run home. Provided we win tomorrow, we are then level on points with both of them. Over the next couple of weeks we wanna be as close to as many teams as possible who are currently above us on the ladder. So then there is less room for error on their part in the final few rounds, and more chance we jump above them

So this week I'd like Port over Dogs; Crows over Lions; Blues over GWS; North over Suns; and, Eagles over Melb.
Not all are likely, but would be fun.
Can't make my mind about which is better for us in the Magpies v. **********;

Dogs could make top 4. They are playing good footy and have a good run home.

Port look lost. Port are far more likely to lose more games in the run home so Im cheering for a dogs win.

Quite aside from the poor performance and loss, Giants unexpected win and Melbourne boosting percentage hurts. Basically no margin for error now

I figure we can only afford to lose one more game. Given our percentage we can’t hope to rely on sneaking into the 8, we’d need to get above the logjam. Games against GWS and Collingwood given our similar W/L position at present are absolute must win games. I would say the Carlton game is the only one we can safely lose - everything else is basically like an elimination final.

I figure we can only afford to lose one more game. Given our percentage we can’t hope to rely on sneaking into the 8, we’d need to get above the logjam. Games against GWS and Collingwood given our similar W/L position at present are absolute must win games. I would say the Carlton game is the only one we can safely lose - everything else is basically like an elimination final.

Yep if we lose one or two more put Sicily in for a op on his shoulder so his ready for day one of preseason.

Also Lewis get them and anyone else ready to go day one, next year could be a big push to finals.

Lewis hasn’t had much of a pre season in the last couple of years form memory, may help him get over his injuries.

Yep if we lose one or two more put Sicily in for a op on his shoulder so his ready for day one of preseason.

Also Lewis get them and anyone else ready to go day one, next year could be a big push to finals.

Lewis hasn’t had much of a pre season in the last couple of years form memory, may help him get over his injuries.

Agree. Next loss and we should start "planning" for next year.

Get everyone into surgery now

To come..

Freo (UTAS) (3rd) - inform, but at UTAS, will be a 50-50/40-60 game.

Collingwood (MCG) (9th) - out of form, 50-50 game or 60-40.

Adelaide (AO) (15th) - at Adelaide Oval but still more of a 70-30/60-40 game.

GWS (MO) (8th) - out of form, but in Canberra will be difficult, probably a 50-50/40-60 game.

Carlton (MCG) (2nd) - form side, will be a big test, 30-70/40-60 game.

Richmond (MCG) (18th) - should win, 80-20.

North (UTAS) (17th) - playing well but should win, 70-30.

Have to win games against sides similar level (Collingwood and GWS, or top 4 sides in Freo/Carlton).

To come..

Freo (UTAS) (3rd) - inform, but at UTAS, will be a 50-50/40-60 game.

Collingwood (MCG) (9th) - out of form, 50-50 game or 60-40.

Adelaide (AO) (15th) - at Adelaide Oval but still more of a 70-30/60-40 game.

GWS (MO) (8th) - out of form, but in Canberra will be difficult, probably a 50-50/40-60 game.

Carlton (MCG) (2nd) - form side, will be a big test, 30-70/40-60 game.

Richmond (MCG) (18th) - should win, 80-20.

North (UTAS) (17th) - playing well but should win, 70-30.

Have to win games against sides similar level (Collingwood and GWS, or top 4 sides in Freo/Carlton).
We're capable of going 6-1 if we can reproduce our pre-Geelong form. It is a BIG IF, though.

One game and significant percentage outside of the eight, with seven games to go.

Essentially that makes us two games outside of the eight, and we have a tough run to come over the next five weeks:

Run home:
  • Freo
  • Collingwood
  • Adelaide (away)
  • GWS (away)
  • Carlton
  • Richmond
  • North

Who are the teams most likely to fall out of the eight?

One game and significant percentage outside of the eight, with seven games to go.

Essentially that makes us two games outside of the eight, and we have a tough run to come over the next five weeks:

Run home:
  • Freo
  • Collingwood
  • Adelaide (away)
  • GWS (away)
  • Carlton
  • Richmond
  • North

Who are the teams most likely to fall out of the eight?
I’d say port/gws probably the two sides vulnerable. Essendon have a difficult draw.

Strangely, we can still finish top 4 at this stage, so finals ain’t out of the question, but we’d need to win at least 3 of our next 4 to do it.

Seems more likely we just miss out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back