PJK

Debutant
Jan 7, 2002
Sydney,NSW,Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
This theory is being developed by Roos fans.
Kangaroos are at 92.5% of the salary cap, so could get Rawlings to nominate his going rate plus the last 7.5% of the cap, and then agree he would agree to forego the large extra payment. This amount could not be accommadated under most clubs salary cap and so they could not draft him. The Dogs are also in North's position so he would probably fit, but Rawlings would make them pay the full amount, which they probably wouldn't.
Shifty, but in the spirit of what went on today.
IT COULD WORK

Originally posted by stmookeyj
Sal Cap?

Have room there as well. I believe we are currently paying 92.5%- and if we aren't - well we would be pretty low, we won't be paying all of Corey's contract, haven't got Carey to worry about, haven't got Martyn, or JMcCartney.. got a pretty young list.. and I think Archer or King or someone is able to go onto the Vets list in 04, not sure tho.

Go Roos

Originally posted by PJK
This theory is being developed by Roos fans.
Kangaroos are at 92.5% of the salary cap, so could get Rawlings to nominate his going rate plus the last 7.5% of the cap, and then agree he would agree to forego the large extra payment. This amount could not be accommadated under most clubs salary cap and so they could not draft him. The Dogs are also in North's position so he would probably fit, but Rawlings would make them pay the full amount, which they probably wouldn't.
Shifty, but in the spirit of what went on today.
IT COULD WORK

You didn't want him as much as what we did and you have been trumped. We have done our sums and he will sign for 2 or 3 seasons with the Doggies
He is a bit of a character and will enjoy his time at the Doghouse.

Re: Re: Can the Roos still get Rawlings

Originally posted by OldSchool
You didn't want him as much as what we did and you have been trumped. We have done our sums and he will sign for 2 or 3 seasons with the Doggies
He is a bit of a character and will enjoy his time at the Doghouse.

You haven't got him yet! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can the Roos still get Rawlings

You are right, we might go for Stevens or Ray Hall ;)

If Jade states that he will go into the preseason draft and state that he will only sign for 1 year on $500,000 for that year, then any club that recruits him, MUST pay what he demanded.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can the Roos still get Rawlings

Originally posted by 1jasonoz
If Jade states that he will go into the preseason draft and state that he will only sign for 1 year on $500,000 for that year, then any club that recruits him, MUST pay what he demanded.
I'm not seeing your point here but I can tell you that he will be 27yo this time next year and he would be taking a very silly risk if he was to sign a one year deal.
$900,000 + over three years is far better than $500,000 for one season because of the injury factor. This will not be lost on the 26yo player and his manager.

Exactly old school. Next we bring Brady to the Dogs and both the Rawlings are playing together as desired. The funny thing is Roo fans think that Rawlings had his heart set on playing for the roos where he had his heart set on playing with his brother. This can still happen in 2005, it will be easier for us to offer a trade for brady than North for Jade. and even if they do offer a trade for jade we will still get a quality player in return.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can the Roos still get Rawlings

I'm not seeing your point here but I can tell you that he will be 27yo this time next year and he would be taking a very silly risk if he was to sign a one year deal.
$900,000 + over three years is far better than $500,000 for one season because of the injury factor. This will not be lost on the 26yo player and his manager.

If Jade states he wants a 1 year contract on $500,000 for that year, any club which picks him up, HAS to pay him what he wants.

We would have after the trading/delisting, upwards of $800,000 free in our cap. If Jade asked for a 1 year contract on $800,000, could/would you lot pay him?

Why would North deal with the dogs after they have been royally screwed by the Dogs/Hawks?

And who says Brady would leave the Roos anyway?
(Who says he is out of contract?)

Go Roos

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can the Roos still get Rawlings

Originally posted by 1jasonoz
If Jade states he wants a 1 year contract on $500,000 for that year, any club which picks him up, HAS to pay him what he wants.

We would have after the trading/delisting, upwards of $800,000 free in our cap. If Jade asked for a 1 year contract on $800,000, could/would you lot pay him?
Jason, You are clutching at straws. You have missed him because you didn't put in the best offer. The Kangas do not have the cap room you think either.

Originally posted by scooter600x
Tim Harrington has just said North are resigned to the fact that they have miised out on him.

Yes, I am listening to him. He seems like a realist the supporters however, are not.

Here's my tip, the bottom 4 teams will go into a ballot next season for the first 4 selections in the PS draft however, they wont run the ballot until after the trade period.
Problem, if there is one, solved.

There's no way the Dogs would have struck the deal they did if they didn't know for sure that they had the first pick.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can the Roos still get Rawlings

Jason, You are clutching at straws. You have missed him because you didn't put in the best offer. The Kangas do not have the cap room you think either.

Absolute rubbish. The Roos have alot of room in their cap. Only paying 92.5%, plus the delistings/retirements leave room.

Here's my tip, the bottom 4 teams will go into a ballot next season for the first 4 selections in the PS draft however, they .

Old school the AfL tried to bring this rule in but the Players union stopped it

Isnt that ironic and now the players union are complaining about the Rawlings deal.

Originally posted by Gnome Murphy
Old school the AfL tried to bring this rule in but the Players union stopped it

Isnt that ironic and now the players union are complaining about the Rawlings deal.
I was aware that it was stopped but if the AFL cop some criticism they might reach a compromise with the players union.
Run the ballot after the trade period, simple fix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the Roos still get Rawlings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back