Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

JORDAN DE GOEY (COLLINGWOOD)
Magpies list manager Ned Guy has his work cut out for him this year. He needs to find a way to retain Brodie Grundy, Darcy Moore, Scott Pendlebury and Jordan De Goey. And while the first three are big names, De Goey has shown in the past two years he can be the most destructive force in the game at times. Collingwood will want to keep all four, especially the explosive forward who causes opposition coaches more headaches than most.

Guess with it looking like Grundy will Re-Sign in the Near Future that De Goey is the next 1 the Media will try and make leave

It may depend what opposition clubs offer them. If they come up with silly money, we may lose at least one. We won't be able to afford millions for the lesser pair.

It may depend what opposition clubs offer them. If they come up with silly money, we may lose at least one. We won't be able to afford millions for the lesser pair.
Other clubs have already offered silly money.

Grundy strikes me as a loyal bloke.

I know you’ve got to make hay while the sun shines but he genuinely seems to enjoy being at Collingwood.

Alarmingly I can picture him in a sport guernsey but I really hope he sticks fat.
I agree re: Happiness at Collingwood, but if being loyal is your argument, then there’s every chance that he’s loyal to his family and goes home lol.

I would love to keep them all but we also need to keep our eyes on the balance and paying others what they are worth, Stevenson is one we need to retain long term.

Am confident that Grundy won't go, surely he will be signed soon.

Jordy won't leave Maynard.

Agree we need to keep Stevo but he will remain loyal due to us picking him early and he being grateful with the heart issues etc. Then he would feel guilty about the gambling.

Maybe Moore will be the one to jump ship if he gets offered a lot more than we are prepared to match.

I would love to keep them all but we also need to keep our eyes on the balance and paying others what they are worth, Stevenson is one we need to retain long term.

While I think he is Under contract for another 2-3 Seasons

It's funny how we are struggling in a way but we managed to pay secure blokes like Adams on long-term deals.

I would have preferred to stitch up Grundy before him.

It's funny how we are struggling in a way but we managed to pay secure blokes like Adams on long-term deals.

I would have preferred to stitch up Grundy before him.

Adams is a fully paid up member of the Nathan Buckley fan club.

Why wouldn't he be signed first?

Buckley has to have someone to go into bat for him when Walsh asks again who should be coach going forward at the 2021 end of season review.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley has to have someone to go into bat for him when Walsh asks again who should be coach going forward at the 2021 end of season review.
You would be well right. I wouldn't have made Adams a priority but he does sound subservient.

Grundy has to be sign up priority number 1 followed by Jordy and Moore.

According to Pickering, he went to the Pies and asked them what a contract for Moore might look like but he couldn't get anywhere because of the Grundy situation which he understands. However we might be in a position where other clubs can put in better offers before we get our ducks in a row.

Apart from Grundy being easily our top player, we need to sign him because we would get stuff all for him now that he's a free agent come end of the season.

We could land something for Moore though it's not preferable to lose players once you have developed them.

What a ridiculous post!

Perhaps, but clearly he was offered a long-term contract quite a while ago. We should have signed Grundy first at all costs.

Imagine missing out on Brodie or Jordy because we priortised Adams.

If we "miss out" on either of them it will be because they WANT something elsewhere....not because of other signings. Methinks you're trying to start a bushfire on this one? If Grundy wants to go home...then $$$ don't matter.

If we "miss out" on either of them it will be because they WANT something elsewhere....not because of other signings. Methinks you're trying to start a bushfire on this one? If Grundy wants to go home...then $$$ don't matter.
I don't think Grundy will go. He will return to Adelaide but probably after his career is over. Nonetheless Jordy, Stevo and Moore would be blokes who can set us up for the future but after forking out a lot for Brodie and deservedly so, it will be hard to fit them all in after a number of other long-term deals. Other clubs will offer big $$$$$ so guess we can't blame them if they take them. Career spans are short.

I don't think Grundy will go. He will return to Adelaide but probably after his career is over. Nonetheless Jordy, Stevo and Moore would be blokes who can set us up for the future but after forking out a lot for Brodie and deservedly so, it will be hard to fit them all in after a number of other long-term deals. Other clubs will offer big $$$$$ so guess we can't blame them if they take them. Career spans are short.

There some Old Players that be getting Lesser Salary with 1 Year Deals in Steele and Pendles.

We have ton of players out of contact season so I could see quite a few Mid-Tier Depth Players leaving at years end

There some Old Players that be getting Lesser Salary with 1 Year Deals in Steele and Pendles.

We have ton of players out of contact season so I could see quite a few Mid-Tier Depth Players leaving at years end
Well that will erode our depth unfortunately.

Not sure if Pendles will accept a modest deal after the season he has had.

So Tradedraft if we had to lose one of Jordy, Brodie or Darcy, which would be your preference? Moore I suspect.

Well that will erode our depth unfortunately.

Not sure if Pendles will accept a modest deal after the season he has had.

So Tradedraft if we had to lose one of Jordy, Brodie or Darcy, which would be your preference? Moore I suspect.
They are all signed for 2020. That is our focus, to win our 16th flag this year.
Looking beyond that is a waste of energy.

They are all signed for 2020. That is our focus, to win our 16th flag this year.
Looking beyond that is a waste of energy.

The List Mangers will Focus on That and Players Managers

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back