Discussion Can We Rule Out Mick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets be honest now, if he said he wanted to coach again a few days before the Grand Final what would that do for the players? Knowing there coach has his mind on other things, really he had no choice but to say no to that question.

Lets be honest now, this was post match presser stuff. As in after the final, as in after he informed that he was also not fulfilling the director of coaching role, as in no longer employed by the Collingwood football club and enacting the walk away clause of his contract.

The issue with picking him up on the back of that, even if he wanted to coach again, would be that (no doubt) there'd be a conflict of contractual obligations for the 2012 season. (contract with whoever took him as coach, contract with the Pies that would be particularly worded to enable them to threaten as they have been)

I dont think so. If he has quit the pies and they have filled that same position which there is rumour will happen this week then they have no argument. If anything they can try and take him to court but not the club. He quit.

Entirely depends as to the particular contract entered into, there may be a "cooling off" period for any walk away in that Mick cannot be employed in a match day office outside of Collingwood for x months or that upon walking away enter into a new contract whereby Mick is gagged from commenting on Collingwood in a match day effect to protect assets.

There's a difference between "quitting" and walking away whilst enacting a contractual clause, namely the specifics of the contract which are then called upon to protect assets. (either of the individual or of the entity the individual was previously a part of)

And if the same position outlined in the contract is no longer available by the club, is the contract still valid? I wouldnt think so.

Same position may bring different specifics given the individual, similar to Fevola having a booze clause for dismissal whereas someone like Ablett would not have this clause despite both being AFL players at AFL clubs. They would not simply offer the same exact contract stipulations regardless.

While it is not impossible, the odds of Mick Malthouse actually coaching this club is extremely small. About the same scale as me being hit by lightning or being bitten in a shark attack.

While it is not impossible, the odds of Mick Malthouse actually coaching this club is extremely small. About the same scale as me being hit by lightning or being bitten in a shark attack.

I agree but our selection panel would be derelict in their duties if they at least did not try to speak to him or contact his manager.

He will most likely not be interested and that will be end of it.

"No. I don't think I will ever coach again," -- Mick Malthouse on 3AW this morning.

That's what we need, a 58 year old coach who can gives us 10 good years!
Come on guys lets forget about Mick and move on.
There is a lot of talant out there and we need to get the mix right. It's about the whole coaching panel not just the Head coach.

As an outsider, I was wondering what you thought of this idea?

The club have made Robert Harvey interim coach. How would you feel if they tried to get Malthouse as a senior coach, and, failing that, still get him to the club as a Senior Assistant to Robert Harvey, and them be like a Hird/Bomber double act (a "favourite Son", who is inexperienced, being helped by an experienced premiership coach, who played for the club).

This way, you don't have to pay as much for him! What do you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As others have mentioned in another thread, wasn't Mick in Perth for a book signing or something?

Or is Milney in Perth too? :p

From what ive worked out he didnt say it was today or anything like that. :cool:

Apparently that was floated by Tim this morning, so how did they have coffee this morning, get spotted and then reported by the time the morning show or whatever he works finished?

So if this story has legs, coffee would've occurred yesterday, no? Thus allowing Mick to be in Perth today?

But i don't believe it, it seems everyone has the inside word on the goings on at the Saints. But hey I'd love Mick at the club in some sort of position, not sure he's the master coach everyone thinks he is, but him taking a director of coaching type thing on less money would be funny. Proves he's a massive liar, like we all knew, and Eddie's reaction would be decent.

Pssh, rubbish. How can one man be in one state one day and another the next!

Preposterous!

:/

I hear tell that there are these creations that allow man to fly by burning a type of liquid to propel an engine that's attached to these gigantic train looking things only there are flat panels either of side of it to create lift.

I believe the soothesayers call them planes, whatever they might be, marvelous things though they seem.

But then, I dare say these artisans who write on tablets about pinnacles of manhood are still being pulled by horses to know of such inventive modern technology. I say, that Tesla chap may be conducting experiments involving lightning as well; Man harnessing the power of gods? Now isn't that just preposterous!

Shall you be partaking of the public stoning of the Cousins as well good sir?

I hear tell that there are these creations that allow man to fly by burning a type of liquid to propel an engine that's attached to these gigantic train looking things only there are flat panels either of side of it to create lift.

I believe the soothesayers call them planes, whatever they might be, marvelous things though they seem.

But then, I dare say these artisans who write on tablets about pinnacles of manhood are still being pulled by horses to know of such inventive modern technology. I say, that Tesla chap may be conducting experiments involving lightning as well; Man harnessing the power of gods? Now isn't that just preposterous!

Shall you be partaking of the public stoning of the Cousins as well good sir?

gold-bars.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Can We Rule Out Mick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back