He is arguably the best player we have ever drafted via the N

He is better than Murphy IMO

Yarran arguably the most gifted

But Cripps is startling good
Size, strength, work ethic, professionalism, leadership

And he's just a kid

His hands and overal nous in close is breathtaking to be honest

And how's the one handed mark up forward?!!' That was amazing

His kicking for goal will improve in time as his tank and running capacity improves, I think he misses his shots as he's knackered

We don't want to ruin him though so best not to make him captain too soon

We need and he needs more elite talent to support him, and Menz n Doc

I'm a Murph critic, but I reckon since half-time against the Bombers*, I've seen a slight shift. Seems to be going harder in all aspects. Too few are jumping on board. Kudos to him, all the same.

Hasn't changed my opinion entirely, but if it continues, then I'd say a couple of others move ahead of him on my hypothetical trade table.

I'm a Murph critic, but I reckon since half-time against the Bombers*, I've seen a slight shift. Seems to be going harder in all aspects. Too few are jumping on board. Kudos to him, all the same.

Hasn't changed my opinion entirely, but if it continues, then I'd say a couple of others move ahead of him on my hypothetical trade table.
I agree that he's going harder, but that should be true for all players and the Captain needs to do more than that, for example when do you see him directing players at a stoppage, or revving up the boys? Not only does he need to perform well and lead by example, he has to make the others want to follow him in this regard and be able to let them know when they're letting the team down.

I agree that Murphy as captain isn't ideal, but in hindsight it was the correct choice out of our three options at the time.

Simpson is a shadow of his former self, and Carrazzo is all but finished. :cry:

I agree that Murphy as captain isn't ideal, but in hindsight it was the correct choice out of our three options at the time.

Simpson is a shadow of his former self, and Carrazzo is all but finished. :cry:
No, in hindsight Simpson would have made a much better captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afl.com.au saying Docherty just re-signed, so he looks like he is going to be at the club long term! A leadership position is assured for next season you would think.

Afl.com.au saying Docherty just re-signed, so he looks like he is going to be at the club long term! A leadership position is assured for next season you would think.
He is a leader but does he need the burden during a rebuild? Would like to see him become A grade first.

What are people's thoughts on Gibbs and Murphy both fronting up yesterday?

Whilst they both said the same thing, which I admit was cliche, I liked that Gibbs was firm in the way he spoke. He didn't let the media pigeon hole him. Also liked the way he stood up for Murph when Murph didn't really know what to say about the whole trade talk.

Actions speak louder than words, but they genuinely looked hurt and a bit pissed off. Here's hoping they can lead us to victory this week.

:)

Whilst they both said the same thing, which I admit was cliche, I liked that Gibbs was firm in the way he spoke. He didn't let the media pigeon hole him. Also liked the way he stood up for Murph when Murph didn't really know what to say about the whole trade talk.

Actions speak louder than words, but they genuinely looked hurt and a bit pissed off. Here's hoping they can lead us to victory this week.

It is not in their nature to truly take the gloves off so to speak
But it was still good to see Bryce not leave it all up to Marc, even though he arrived mid way through as opposed to at the start but I guess he doesnt want to be seen to steal Marc's thunder as skipper

It is not in their nature to truly take the gloves off so to speak
But it was still good to see Bryce not leave it all up to Marc, even though he arrived mid way through as opposed to at the start but I guess he doesnt want to be seen to steal Marc's thunder as skipper

Yeah, I wondered why he showed up midway through. Still good that he did.

Does Marc have to front up or is it up to him? Anyone know?

Really? I thought they looked like spoiled kids who were in trouble. Gibbs was the kid who tries to smooth talk his way out of it, and Murphy was the kid who just sulks because he'd been scolded.

Is the fact that these two were somewhat "football royalty" before they were drafted a reason for their lack of intensity on field? They come from big-name football families and were media darlings even before being drafted. Sometimes I think they feel they're entitled to be AFL footballers, and people expecting more of them or questioning their efforts just annoys them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Captaincy, Leadership & Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back