Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The only problem with titch is his 69% ownership, with probably a large portion of owners having him as captain. Can't fault a 147 average at all, but it does make it harder to get ahead of the pack. Big risk going someone else if they under perform.

I'll go titch this week as he is playing at the G, might be a bit wet but that should just mean more contests for him to win a touch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You simply can't tag a bloke like him

It will never be said again!!!

No posts since Saturday would suggest no one is concerned!!

He loves the G so I'm happy.

It was never about Buddy playing The Dogs for me, it was totally about the tag Titchell was always going to get against Melbourne!

I would absolutely love to know how many had him but put the C elsewhere!!!

It will never be said again!!!

It was never about Buddy playing The Dogs for me, it was totally about the tag Titchell was always going to get against Melbourne!

I would absolutely love to know how many had him but put the C elsewhere!!!
Looks like Buddy wasn't a bad bet after all!

Haven't watched the game yet, was he actually heavily tagged or just had a down game? Given the score, it doesn't look like the tag helped any!

Looks like Buddy wasn't a bad bet after all!

Haven't watched the game yet, was he actually heavily tagged or just had a down game? Given the score, it doesn't look like the tag helped any!

Yeah, a nothing else matters tag. It was very strange using Jones though, he is there best midfielder and Captain. Only Jones' smarts and ability got him as much footy as he did. After 1/4 time it didnt matter, which begs the question, why did they continue using Jones...

But making Buddy the Captain wasnt about him, it was about the risk of a tag on Titch!

Yeah, a nothing else matters tag. It was very strange using Jones though, he is there best midfielder and Captain. Only Jones' smarts and ability got him as much footy as he did. After 1/4 time it didnt matter, which begs the question, why did they continue using Jones...

But making Buddy the Captain wasnt about him, it was about the risk of a tag on Titch!

We are starting to see this tactic used more often now. Pendles went to Cripps when the Pies belted the Blues. Instead of a heavy tag job, employing a top quality mid in a run with role seems to be effective. Pendles got the job done, shutting out Cripps, and still had significant impact on the game with his normal accumulation.

If I was Brad Scott I'd send Jacobs to JOM. Yes Titch racks it up, but Jaeger is much more damaging. Titch still had 13 clearances on the weekend and Hawthorn destroyed the Demons, so what's the point?

Note that I have both Titch and JOM so I'm not arguing out of hope that anyone other than Titch is tagged. It just makes good sense to me.

We are starting to see this tactic used more often now. Pendles went to Cripps when the Pies belted the Blues. Instead of a heavy tag job, employing a top quality mid in a run with role seems to be effective. Pendles got the job done, shutting out Cripps, and still had significant impact on the game with his normal accumulation.

Except that Melbourne got flogged regardless, because Hawthorn had other players coming through. Carlton pretty much only has Cripps.
Would have been interesting if Pendles went to Titch in round 1 instead of letting him carry his own football around with him! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back