Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Mclean over those other 3 ?

Just a gut feeling. Combined with recent form and role change from last year. He has also gone, 87, 127, 101 in his last three at AO.

I'm happy to take the risk with Titch in the wings, waiting for the C.

Thursday night players are locked out at the start of that game, but all other players (bye and non-bye) are not locked out, so are able to be traded, swapped to interchange, swapped on / off VC or C, swapped to/from emergency status etc..

So you can put VC on a player from Thurs night game.

If you like their score, then you can put the C on any non-playing player, and that score of 0 won't count, so you'll get the doubled VC score.
It's best to put it on a bye player, as if you put it on a player whose team is playing but isn't listed, there is always the minute chance he gets named last minute and you'll be stuck with his score.

So I would suggest: VC on Macrae/McLean/Westhoff/Rocky/whoever you like from PA or WB

If you like the score (usually for me that is if they score 125+) then put a bye week player on field, eg. Max Gawn, and put the C on him. If you have a non-bye ruckman on the bench who is playing, that's fine, you just put the E on that player and you'll get their score in place of Gawn, and you'll get the VC score doubled instead of the C score.

If you don't like the score then put the C on whoever you like, as per usual.

The same applies for general scoring, so if for instance you have 7 forwards (plus a bye player eg. Fritsch) then you could put a PA/WB player on the bench with the emergency, if they score great you can put Fritsch on field and take another to the F8 position to not count their score. Fritsch doesn't play -> you get the looped emergency score. If you don't like the score then you keep the other player on field.

Two caveats:
ALL TRADES THAT ARE DONE BEFORE THURSDAY NIGHT ARE LOCKED IN, EVEN IF THEY DON'T INCLUDE PORT OR WB PLAYERS.

eg. if you downgrade Spargo (bye player) -> Kerr and upgrade someone else to McLean, then the Spargo trade and the McLean trade are both locked in.

ALL PLAYERS THAT HAVE PLAYED ON THURSDAY NIGHT ARE LOCKED IN.
eg. if you have Macrae on the bench without emergency (because he was out last week) then that score will not count. You must put them on field!

Then you can adjust the rest of the team until Friday lockout as per usual.

So no value (and some risk) to having any trades done at this stage - unless you are specifically after a Port or Dogs player.

So no value (and some risk) to having any trades done at this stage - unless you are specifically after a Port or Dogs player.

Yes. Only caveat is that you may need to shuffle players like Wingard Rocky etc who are DPP to make trades so just bear that in mind - they will be locked.

So for me just Spargo to Wingard at this stage. Re visit tomorrow.

Yes. Only caveat is that you may need to shuffle players like Wingard Rocky etc who are DPP to make trades so just bear that in mind - they will be locked.

Interesting as the app just sent me a notification saying I only had a couple of hours left to make my trades....

Looking at Spargo to Kerr, Pet Raccoon to Gaff and ?????

Most likely Brayshaw (Freo) to someone...

Absolutely ****ing bucketing in Adelaide boys. I had to pull over because my windscreen wipers couldn't keep up. Take that for what you will selecting a captain...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Website had a red banner across saying be aware of partial lockout. No surprise on the potato app

You take back what you said about potatoes. They don’t deserve to be compared to an AFL product...

Late change.
Out: Tom Mitchell

Also Out:
Bad jokes about captains being out when most V.C scores are terrible.
Surely fantasy wouldn't screw us that badly! Right?

Last edited:
Late change.
Out: Sam Mitchell

Also Out:
Bad jokes about captains being out when most V.C scores are terrible.
Surely fantasy wouldn't screw us that badly! Right?
Not sure there'd be many people who have Sam Mitchell as Captain ...

No brainers in this lot.

Calvin’s Captains

1. Tom Mitchell - OK … this could be huge. Firstly, the pig is up against the second easiest team for midfielders to score against - Adelaide. Fremantle had 6x100+ against them last week and Mitchell will join the club here. He scored 117 and 125 against them last year and before his bye he was running hot with scores 145, 135, and 149. Look out, I can smell bacon.

2. Ed Curnow - 116, 109 and 136 are his last three games against the Dockers and fresh off the bye, he should be amazing. Averaging a huge 116 for the year, this guy will take some stopping.

3. Gary Ablett - The Little Master's form is heating up with scores of 137 and 119. He scored 120 and 141 against the Tigers last year and at the MCG, he's in a league of his own.

4. Bryce Gibbs - Had 105 on the Hawks last year and chases his seventh straight 100+ score against them this week. They're one of his favourite teams and I expect another ton again.

5. Andrew Gaff - His score of 96 last year on the Swans was his lowest against them in his last six games. Should be great again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back