Carlton 2007 AFL Draft - Official

Remove this Banner Ad

From burgatron - who thought he'd go higher at 24.

STEVEN BROWNE

West Perth, WA, Small defender, February 1 1989, 179.8cm, 74.7kg

Another player who has risen up the order in recent times, Browne now looms as a No.20-30 selection. Fremantle is believed to be very keen on his services, although if Harry Taylor is available that could change. Browne is also on the radar for Hawthorn (No.29), the Kangaroos (No.32) and Geelong (No.34) if still available. Two other Western Australians – Jarrhan Jacky and Chris Mayne – may also come into consideration here, although they could be available for Fremantle's third choice at No.40.

Bio: Small defender/midfielder with clean skills and good ability overhead for a player his size. Made his senior WAFL debut in round 17 with West Perth and was named best on ground in round 18 with 29 disposals and 10 marks. Recorded solid results at the 2007 NAB AFL Draft Camp with a 13.8 beep test and 3.00sec 20m sprint.

Happy with that :thumbsu:

Re: The Draft- Discussion Thread

actually as I recover from last night minute by minute... they seem to be 180-185ish with stong overhead marking abilities however they are quick... I hope Ratts isnt trying to build a Bulldogs style side

Re: The Draft- Discussion Thread

Says he is a medium mid (182cm) who ran 20m in 2.83 in WA state screening. Sounds like we must be hoping for a Foley. At least it dissproves my original theory that Hughs refuses to pick small players.

Gourdis must really be a f#ck head to drop this far.

Re: Dennis Armfield is ours at pick 46

mate there is a draft discussion thread... have a look there is some stuff.

the least threads the better

Only onw more pretty please. :cool:

Ok i'll discuss out last pick in the discussion thread. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton 2007 AFL Draft - Official

Remove this Banner Ad

Back