VFL Carlton 2024 VFL Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

What is a Wil White?
Don’t ever change Ferris…

He is a little man. Small forward always dangerous in a struggling forward line. 2004 foal, in his draft year was 177cm and a whopping 63kg. The now 20yo South Warrnambool lad was prominent enough in local footy to get a VFL gig with us this year and didn’t miss a game. By the end of the season was working more and more up the ground, like a modern high half forward and his performances continued to improve.

So many clubs are now playing plenty of state league and rookie listed players promoted to become AFL staples e.g. Moore, Bedford, Papley, Rioli, the list goes on. There is plenty of noise suggesting we use a high pick to draft a dynamic small forward this year, and there are some good prospects (one in particular done to death in draft thread, along with Jesse Dattoli rumoured to be linked to us).

We have an NGA prospect next year, another little man in Tyson Gresham, yes brother of, who at pre season “weigh in” was 168cm. Has played rep (futures) footy and regularly in “bests” has been named in Coates League “team of the week” as an underager as well. An excellent prospect and with the AFL rule changes to NGA drafting, “he is ours” next year. Small forward who has played plenty of mid (wing) and getting midfield disposal numbers as well as hitting the scoreboard. Likely has grown considerably and hopefully ends up similar stature to Essendon (*) and former St Kilda playing brother Jade by next season’s draft.

You asked, don’t believe in short, flaky replies.

Now, if only he could kick better, maybe I could introduce you to a Logan Prout…

He is a little man. Small forward always dangerous in a struggling forward line. 2004 foal, in his draft year was 177cm and a whopping 63kg. The now 20yo South Warrnambool lad was prominent enough in local footy to get a VFL gig with us this year and didn’t miss a game. By the end of the season was working more and more up the ground, like a modern high half forward and his performances continued to improve.

So many clubs are now playing plenty of state league and rookie listed players promoted to become AFL staples e.g. Moore, Bedford, Papley, Rioli, the list goes on. There is plenty of noise suggesting we use a high pick to draft a dynamic small forward this year, and there are some good prospects (one in particular done to death in draft thread, along with Jesse Dattoli rumoured to be linked to us).

We have an NGA prospect next year, another little man in Tyson Gresham, yes brother of, who at pre season “weigh in” was 168cm. Has played rep (futures) footy and regularly in “bests” has been named in Coates League “team of the week” as an underager as well. An excellent prospect and with the AFL rule changes to NGA drafting, “he is ours” next year. Small forward who has played plenty of mid (wing) and getting midfield disposal numbers as well as hitting the scoreboard. Likely has grown considerably and hopefully ends up similar stature to Essendon (*) and former St Kilda playing brother Jade by next season’s draft.

Now, if only he could kick better, maybe I could introduce you to a Logan Prout…
He's a ripper our man Wilbur White. If we have a rookie spot available, I'd take him in a heartbeat along with McMahon.

Absolute terrier with a bewdiful left peg....and knows where the goals are. One of the shining lights in our VFL side this year, and still only 19yo.

I still reckon there's hidden gold at state league that you can get at a bargain.

gee i've loved Prout's work this year, has done bloody well

Love your work, Coona. Thank you!

I was going to head to off to the Google Machine, but figured I'd get a better answer in here. I wasn't wrong.

Also, you're not wrong either...

Don’t ever change Ferris…He is a little man.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Carlton 2024 VFL Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back