Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

NGA and Northern Academy’s are different

NGA is a rort when you have Cody Walker in a program, can’t match a bid inside 40

Northern Academy’s can match anywhere in the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The F/S chances of getting a good player as a percentage compared to hand picked young athletes from 12-14 yo of age is totally out of whack ..
The selection and grooming process of academies can only better but the genetic % won't get any better

I think the whole father son '"unfair advantage" has been blown up due to a couple of high picks in recent years (Daicos, Ashcroft, Darcy) that happened to go to clubs already going well. Plus, it's been lumped in with the academy system. It's really a lucky dip. You can't build a sustainable advantage out of father son.

When you look at it there have been about 8 first round father sons under the current system. Most sons come from players who played late 90s / early 2000s where every team was in the comp bar GC and GWS so no team really has an advantage. WA and SA teams winge that it's biased towards Vic teams which made sense 10-15 years ago but not now.

Compare that to the academy system which has produced more then 20 first rounders between split amongst only 4 clubs it's a completely different thing.

I think the whole father son '"unfair advantage" has been blown up due to a couple of high picks in recent years (Daicos, Ashcroft, Darcy) that happened to go to clubs already going well. Plus, it's been lumped in with the academy system. It's really a lucky dip. You can't build a sustainable advantage out of father son.

When you look at it there have been about 8 first round father sons under the current system. Most sons come from players who played late 90s / early 2000s where every team was in the comp bar GC and GWS so no team really has an advantage. WA and SA teams winge that it's biased towards Vic teams which made sense 10-15 years ago but not now.

Compare that to the academy system which has produced more then 20 first rounders between split amongst only 4 clubs it's a completely different thing.
Yet Blakey was the only unfair fs of all of them... Or however the **** Sydney stole him from north/brisbane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet Blakey was the only unfair fs of all of them... Or however the **** Sydney stole him from north/brisbane
Sydney didn’t steal him, he’s from Sydney, was part of their academy for years and just like every father son eligible player, he got to decide whether or not to nominate his fathers club/s.

He chose to stay in Sydney

Sydney didn’t steal him, he’s from Sydney, was part of their academy for years and just like every father son eligible player, he got to decide whether or not to nominate his fathers club/s.

He chose to stay in Sydney
A choice he was given and no other draftee? He's also not from sydney. Born in Melbourne and lived in Brisbane and Sydney.

Again. Those academies should be for outreach. Not for stealing sons of guns who were always going to play pro.

They completely stole him.

I don’t give a **** what anyone says, but the father son selections are the only thing that keeps a small part of the old AFL/VFL club history alive, and what’s more, makes old timers like me, still feel that a little part of the our old club still flickers.
Can you imagine.... Richmond vs the hawks just had 92k. To honour dusty. Imagine if his son is half good enough and doesn't land at Richmond because they simply don't have access.... F/S is historic and part of club and fan connection

Hahahahahaha ok pls don’t change F/S rules this kid is a genetic freak

Just read he kicked 2 in the GV seniors and he is 15!
All I see is a Bontempelli clone who if he's inherited his fathers leap is also going to be able to take hangers like Fyfe did.

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

(Definitely not getting ahead of myself)

Comment from the draft thread on today's game:

The Camporeale hype is real though. Genuine Rozee vibes from Lucas

On 2201116PG using BigFooty.com mobile app
I saw that, personally think Lucas is about as far from Rozee as you can get but he played very well in his role today. Kicking was on point compared to past games where he's been too inconsistent and not aggressive enough imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back