Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's use the Ancient Asian 'Sarkonthawan' system to see who is better form

Round 1- Collingwood defeat reigning Premiers +10
- Carlton draw with one of the most ordinary teams in the league -5

Round 2- Collingwood humiliate a team who has now beaten two flag favourites in Lions and Swans +10
Carlton defeats a beaten-up Geelong off a 6-day break +5

Round 3- Collingwood defeat one of the worst teams in the league +5
- Carlton defeat a bunch of cellar dwellers and get out of jail on a dubious call +2

Round 4- Collingwood lose to a Premiership favourite having more scoring shots off only a 6 day break -2
- Carlton defeats another cellar dweller +2

This system has never been wrong
Collingwood- 23
Carlton- 7

Yep Curnow who recieved 0 frees for the first 3 rounds bought them all off to make sure he could get a hold of Aiden Bonar.

No, he was only able to buy off 24th, 25th and 27th. 26th was old school. Unbreakable. Would not budge.

Yep Curnow who recieved 0 frees for the first 3 rounds bought them all off to make sure he could get a hold of Aiden Bonar.
Makes me laugh when people use free kick goals to justify bad umpiring. 3 of those 4 frees were as blatant as they come. The one dodgy free that was paid to Curnow is balanced by the a clear free missed 15m out from goal in the 3rd. Swings and roundabouts as they say

Makes me laugh when people use free kick goals to justify bad umpiring. 3 of those 4 frees were as blatant as they come. The one dodgy free that was paid to Curnow is balanced by the a clear free missed 15m out from goal in the 3rd. Swings and roundabouts as they say
Why is the focus on the Curnow frees? Was he the only player on the ground?

Yeah, not surprised that you didn't pick up on the fact I was referring to Carlton's 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th players who were wearing yellow on the day...

Don't worry, I know exactly the sook you were having, just makes it so much more priceless

To think how many times you have stated that you shouldn't blame umpires for a result in a game, then completely fold

Everyone has known for a while you have zero credibility fadge 😉

Why is the focus on the Curnow frees? Was he the only player on the ground?
Was replying to a post that was about Curnow and I replied with something about Curnow. Didn't know "staying on topic" was that much of a foreign concept in this thread

We 2
He could have been. You didn’t watch the game, how would you know?
We would know because at the 12.45 minute mark of the 2nd Quarter Curnow scored a point. He went on to score goals at the 16.03 and 27.39 minute marks of that quarter. Had he been the only player on the ground, no one would have been able to kick in from his behind and therefore he would have been unable to score his two goals that quarter. That's how we know. ;)

Last edited:
Was replying to a post that was about Curnow and I replied with something about Curnow. Didn't know "staying on topic" was that much of a foreign concept in this thread
Yeah, two Carlton posters taking a comment about umpiring and focussing only on the Curnow frees.

Very much 'on topic'.

Any comment on the umpiring for the other 45 players on the ground? Zurhaar for example as a start?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, two Carlton posters taking a comment about umpiring and focussing only on the Curnow frees.

Very much 'on topic'.

Any comment on the umpiring for the other 45 players on the ground? Zurhaar for example as a start?
Should have got a high free on Weitering (North kicked a goal in the same play 3 seconds later). Should have had one of his goals ruled out for a clear high fend off on Docherty. This is off the top of my head of course. And once again I was replying directly to a Curnow related comment - I dont check what that poster was replying to

Last edited:
Let's use the Ancient Asian 'Sarkonthawan' system to see who is better form

Round 1- Collingwood defeat reigning Premiers +10
- Carlton draw with one of the most ordinary teams in the league -5

Round 2- Collingwood humiliate a team who has now beaten two flag favourites in Lions and Swans +10
Carlton defeats a beaten-up Geelong off a 6-day break +5

Round 3- Collingwood defeat one of the worst teams in the league +5
- Carlton defeat a bunch of cellar dwellers and get out of jail on a dubious call +2

Round 4- Collingwood lose to a Premiership favourite having more scoring shots off only a 6 day break -2
- Carlton defeats another cellar dweller +2

This system has never been wrong
Collingwood- 23
Carlton- 7

Collingwood defeat the reigning premiers +10
Carlton defeat the reigning premiers +5

Collingwood has 'better form'
Carlton has more wins

Oh well - as they say - "thanks for coming"

I actually did watch that game. Because I didn't watch your game against GWS means I also didn't watch your game against North?

What are you guys on?
3 wins and a draw?

Collingwood defeat the reigning premiers +10
Carlton defeat the reigning premiers +5

Collingwood has 'better form'
Carlton has more wins

Oh well - as they say - "thanks for coming"

The audacity to question the ‘Sarkonthawan’ system. This has stood the test of times over thousands of years. This system was used in the Ninja games and the Samurai World Cup and was passed on to our great game of Marngrook. Good way to spoil a Monday morning. I have been rendered speechless. The system is foolproof.

Last edited:

Very much 'on topic'.

Zurhaar got 2 dubious frees and got away with a high fend off rounding out his 3 goals from favourable umpiring decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back