Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues keeping in striking distance despite a long injury list.

Pies getting lucky, all their opponents suffer key injuries the week before playing them. Playing the saints who have 14 players on the injury list is some voodoo type luck.

Agree with PieLebo87 that there's a lot of Geelong 2022 associated with the Pies this year. Heavily reliance on some old warriors on their last legs in Pendles and Sidebottom, getting a favourable draw. Best chance they've had in a long time sadly.

You can talk about it all you want.

As you’ve said -

you’ve already answered your own question;

“It's a long year, maybe we have to tweak the gamestyle when teams get a run-on against us? We've got 20 weeks to work that out”.

The further away we are from the end of the H&A season - the more likely judgement calls on premiership favouritism are just posturing.

Especially when there are clear signs that neither of us are the best…

Yet.
Based on all evidence available, it seems to me most observers are rating Melbourne and Collingwood as comfortably the best two teams in it.

We have a lot of data to go on (I have listed this previously), though of course it is all subject to change as the season evolves.

But it doesn't mean we can't postulate based on what we know at different points in time.

I mean, frig me.... it could be Grand Final eve and we have a team $1.05 favourites, and their 5 best players could be killed in car accidents on the way to the game.

Life would be pretty boring if we weren't able to make predictions until after the event.

Based on all evidence available, it seems to me most observers are rating Melbourne and Collingwood as comfortably the best two teams in it.

We have a lot of data to go on (I have listed this previously), though of course it is all subject to change as the season evolves.

But it doesn't mean we can't postulate based on what we know at different points in time.

I mean, frig me.... it could be Grand Final eve and we have a team $1.05 favourites, and their 5 best players could be killed in car accidents on the way to the game.

Life would be pretty boring if we weren't able to make predictions until after the event.
Nothing wrong with making predictions - the media love it. Each week a new ranking etc…

We all lap it up.

You’re right, so much can change, making predictions this week is hard enough, let alone 25 weeks away.

Can’t wait for R10!

Cripps is doing his job beautifully. He’s less noticeable now that he’s surrounded by more competent players.
Struggled in the first half against North.
Only 11 disposals (8 contested) and 3 clearances.
Fought back in the second half with 19 disposals (14 contested) and 6 clearances.
Getting Walsh and Kennedy back in there will help him, especially if he's getting some attention from oppo players early in games.
It's been nice having Hewett back, but his hand is obviously still bothering him a bit and he didn't attend anywhere near as many centre bounces against North.

Blues keeping in striking distance despite a long injury list.

Acres, Walsh and Kennedy back this week. All huge ins - would hate to have your first loss getting those guys back! Who else from the top 10-15 are missing? Doc is a huge one though.

Pies getting lucky, all their opponents suffer key injuries the week before playing them. Playing the saints who have 14 players on the injury list is some voodoo type luck.

Bloody roast of all roasts given by the QLD/AFL media to Lions forward line the week before playing us. Nek minnut: Cameron kicks 6 (3 in the first 3 rounds), Hipwood kicks 2 and sets up 2 (2 goals in his first 3) and Daniher decides to play his 1 in 3 quality games of the season.

Outside Richmond, not sure who those big outs are for our other 3 oppositions the week we’ve played them though.

PS: haven’t you guys played 2 sides we’ve played in the first 4 rounds and play the saints next week too?

Agree with PieLebo87 that there's a lot of Geelong 2022 associated with the Pies this year. Heavily reliance on some old warriors on their last legs in Pendles and Sidebottom, getting a favourable draw. Best chance they've had in a long time sadly.

Go check out who is leading the Coach’s MVP and who the other Collingwood player is in the top 10 and their ages. Not even going to dignify the ‘favourable draw’ comment with a response lol

Last edited:
What’s going on here?
will ferrell omg GIF

Geez, we are 3rd? Not bad for a mid table team

Really, it's a waste of paper, Demons we're raging favourites mid way through last year and didn't finish top 4

If you need summary analysis or betting odds as justification as to how a team is travelling, you will continue to be swayed by their changing opinions
3rd IS pretty good for a mid table team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton seriously traded Will Setterfield just to end up bringing Ed Curnow back into the guts

Adelaide are a good side but are a less experienced and skilled version of Collingwood.

Anyone who thinks the blues are anywhere near Collingwoods standard hasn’t been watching either team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back