Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton’s issue is they have 8 or so really good players but then the list completely falls away. That and a gameplan which doesn’t serve the skill level of the players and relies on drive from guys like Saad and curnow and McKay kicking a winning score. Need a more even contribution, like Collingwood get.

Carlton’s issue is they have 8 or so really good players but then the list completely falls away. That and a gameplan which doesn’t serve the skill level of the players and relies on drive from guys like Saad and curnow and McKay kicking a winning score. Need a more even contribution, like Collingwood get.
We’ve been trying to tell them this for 250 pages but it just doesn’t seem to sink in.

Last year it was because Pittonet was missing, they get him back and still lose, then it becomes about Walsh being missing… they get him back and still lose. Now it’s because Docherty and O’Brien are missing. It’s a never ending cycle…

We’ve been trying to tell them this for 250 pages but it just doesn’t seem to sink in.

Last year it was because Pittonet was missing, they get him back and still lose, then it becomes about Walsh being missing… they get him back and still lose. Now it’s because Docherty and O’Brien are missing. It’s a never ending cycle…

Yeah a lot are in a bit of denial about their list and style of play. O’Brien is not a good player.

Expected loss but disappointed with the embarrassing efforts.

I think it's clear that the Blues bottom 6 Silvagni, Fisher, Plowman, Ed Curnow, Honey and Dekoning (As solo ruck) are still absolute tripe. Pies are no chance of the flag but neither are the Blues with those spuds running around. Been the same story for years, unfortunately Voss as a 1st year coach seemed to go pretty conservative with the list and thought he'd give some of them another go, I wouldn't give half of them another game if I was in charge.

Yeah a lot are in a bit of denial about their list and style of play. O’Brien is not a good player.
The playstyle of slowly dump kicking in forward isn't great, but with the talent there I understand it. The issue is that should at least allow us to setup strongly defensively as there is limited pace on the game, yet we get easily carved up and give up easy inside 50 targets.

Why is it an expected loss against a side that has finished bottom 4 in the last 3 years? These are the games you should be winning to propel you a couple of spots higher on the ladder.

I think it's clear that the Blues bottom 6 Silvagni, Fisher, Plowman, Ed Curnow, Honey and Dekoning (As solo ruck) are still absolute tripe. Pies are no chance of the flag but neither are the Blues with those spuds running around. Been the same story for years, unfortunately Voss as a 1st year coach seemed to go pretty conservative with the list and thought he'd give some of them another go, I wouldn't give half of them another game if I was in charge.

Finally some acknowledgment after 250 pages! We can now lock this damned thread!

EDIT: apologies crows finished 5th last in 2022.

Why are Pies no chance of the flag exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back