Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my.

Enjoyable night at the local with a Carlton supporter, Adelaide supporter and a few other neutrals.

Discussion before the game was Curnow/McKay v. Rachele, Rankine, Walter, Fogarty...and guess what? Fogarty bobs up and kicks 5.

Ben flipping Keats kicks more goals than any individual Carlton player.

Oh my.

Isn't it amazing what happens when you fail to receive a handful of dubious free kicks in the first half to keep you in the contest?

Oh my.

Do Carlton supporters still think they have better forwards than we do? The Magpies have no less than 5 small forwards who would host crumbing sessions at IKON, including one who is trotting around in the VFL.

You'd take Collingwood's forwards as a group over Carlton's group in a heartbeat.

Carlton have two Coleman medalists and then its crickets. Whereas Collingwood have a much better balance between talls, smalls and defensive forwards. Carlton's inability to make finals shows that having two gun KPFs isn't enough.

You'd take Collingwood's forwards as a group over Carlton's group in a heartbeat.

Carlton have two Coleman medalists and then its crickets. Whereas Collingwood have a much better balance between talls, smalls and defensive forwards. Carlton's inability to make finals shows that having two gun KPFs isn't enough.
They had a good ol laugh about McStay the other day, but I just watched Silvagni and De Koning trot around once more for the Blues so it’s safe to say Dan would be firmly entrenched in their best side

I cannot believe this thread is still going .
Honestly it’s always been the pies and always will be .

Seriously outside of delusional Carlton supporters does anyone genuinely think the blues will finish above Collingwood ??
Blues had all the momentum through to March... and then the season started.

Hopefully Collingwood overtake them in the poll shortly.

They had a good ol laugh about McStay the other day, but I just watched Silvagni and De Koning trot around once more for the Blues so it’s safe to say Dan would be firmly entrenched in their best side

McStay would be their best defensive forward by a country mile.

I cannot believe this thread is still going .
Honestly it’s always been the pies and always will be .

Seriously outside of delusional Carlton supporters does anyone genuinely think the blues will finish above Collingwood ??
Plenty of people fall for the Carlton hype train each off-season

Bagger fans love talking up their list as premiership quality because they have a handful of elite players.

And surely after what 10 years without finals, Carlton need to come good. The system is designed so that teams shouldnt do a Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have lost one game by the way, and it's round 5. You'd think it's season completely over from the reactions in here. A lot of time to figure some things out and further improve. Also not enough credit being given to Adelaide. We played ass, but not sure many teams would have stayed with them in that first quarter.

Update on the Ancient Asian 'Sarkonthawan' system to see who is better form

Round 1- Collingwood defeat reigning Premiers +10
- Carlton draw with one of the most ordinary teams in the league -5

Round 2- Collingwood humiliate a team who has now beaten two flag favourites in Lions and Swans +10
Carlton defeats a beaten-up Geelong off a 6-day break +5

Round 3- Collingwood defeat one of the worst teams in the league +5
- Carlton defeat a bunch of cellar dwellers and get out of jail on a dubious call +2

Round 4- Collingwood lose to a Premiership favourite having more scoring shots off only a 6 day break -2
- Carlton defeats another cellar dweller +2

Round 5- Carlton humiliated on National tv in a showcase game that they were expected to win -15

This system has never been wrong
Collingwood- 23
Carlton- -8

It’s obvious to blind Freddy that the Blues have stuffed up their list build. When you’ve got only 3-4 of your best-22 out and you are having to play Plowman, Ed Curnow, JSOS, Honey, Fisher …. you simply don’t have the depth of quality to compete for a flag.

Finals quality? Yes. Top-4? Unlikely but you never know. Premiership? Miles off it.

Adelaide get in Rankine and Dawson … absolute guns. Demons get May, Grundy and Lever. Tigers get Lynch and Prestia. Cats get Danger and Cameron.

Blues spend their money and draft picks bringing in Acres, Williams, McGovern, Saad, Hewett, Newman, Cerra. All good to very good players, but none who ‘move the needle’ and change the fortunes of the team. Jordan Dawson and Cerra are probably on similar deals …. they are chalk and cheese in quality.

Now with their top-end players all locked away forever on huge long-term deals and a need to find money for TDK, I don’t know how the Blues can enhance their list? They desperately need a Bolton/Rankine/Rachelle type high quality small forward, as whilst Motlop has potential the rest of their small-medium forwards are very average.

The Blues thought they had the pieces for a flag all in place but I just can’t see it. And it’s not just 1 x loss. It’s drawing with a struggling Richmond. Being unconvincing against rebuilding Roos and GWS with some umpire assistance. The Blues should be peaking with some regular great and high quality footy, but they’re just stuck with a middling list and still playing loads of very average footballers week in and week out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Blues thought they had the pieces for a flag all in place but I just can’t see it.
They are still haunted by woeful drafts and list management decisions post 2015 draft.

Apart from Walsh, 2016-2020 drafts are poor. And they were was wasting time bringing in salary dumps.

They love comparing their buikd to successful teams, not sure many had 7 seasons out of finals after getting the "premiership pieces" in place from the 2015 draft.

They are still haunted by woeful drafts and list management decisions post 2015 draft.

Apart from Walsh, 2016-2020 drafts are poor. And they were was wasting time bringing in salary dumps.

They love comparing their buikd to successful teams, not sure many had 7 seasons out of finals after getting the "premiership pieces" in place from the 2015 draft.

Still waiting for the generational Pies to dominate, 30 years for the same amount of flags

These are called "facts" unlike the opinion you are passing off. Just like Blues wouldn't win more than 8 games in 2022, opinion that didn't get close to actual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back