Carlton announcement on Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

That is such a ridiculous analogy. McDougall was 23 when he was traded and had been in the system for 6 years - he had ample time to develop. Kennedy is 20 and has had limited opportunities in his 2 years in the system.

I would suggest that any valuation WCE have of him will be based more on their predraft rating rather than what he has or hasn't done in his limited opportunities at Carlton.

You can't be serious comparing McDougall to Kennedy.

McDougall is a bong smoking dope who couold carely get a kick for the worst WAFL side - Perth Demons, let alone do anything at AFL level.

Kennedy has dominated games at VFL level (a far stronger comp than WAFL) and after 2 years of bulking up and development is prime to make his mark at AFL level.

Richmond are merely being mischievous and trying to de-rail the WCE-Carlton trade, they don't seriously expect to get Judd IMO. Why the heck would you want to recruit a bloke who doesn't even rate you in his top 4 preferred Melbourne clubs?

You guys again prove my point about failing to grasp basic concepts!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I wasnt making a comparison between the ability of McDud and Kennedy, I was simply using McDud to illustrate the point that the relative draft position of a players a few years back is entirely irrelevant in determing their worth now.

Carlton fans have run this "Kennedy was Pick 4, therefore Pick 3 & Kennedy = 2 Top 5 picks" argument - which is bollocks!

Kennedy, like McDougall was a Top 5 pick. Like McDougall, he would not attract a Top 5 pick if he was available for trade now. He may get a high second rounder. The post I was responding to said he is worth more than Pick 18. Is he?

I mean, if you put him on the market right now, this trade week, would you reasonably expect someone to give you better than Pick 18 for him?

The guy has done little. Has shown the agility/speed of a Leigh Brown and the finesse of an Earl Spalding. His redeeming traits seem to be "hard-working", "good team mate", "solid citizen" .... as such he is the anti-Lance Franklin - but we all know who is worth more in a trade.

Not too hard to grasp surely?

Mate, I suggest you read the post again. I was referring to Carlton's lack of talent, specifically KPP talent, and even more specifically in regard to his claims that Kennedy had "limited opportunities" to prove himself at the Blues.

I take it comprehension wasn't (isn't?) your strong point at school? (Spelling certainly wasn't, Mr "Dillusional")

And, just to pre-empt the inevitable, whether Richmond has better talent is completely irrelevent to this argument.

You certainly were. And that's why you are now wearing a yellow card! Life's a bitch, huh?

You certainly were. And that's why you are now wearing a yellow card! Life's a bitch, huh?
You're a disgrace, yellow carding somebody for having a crack at you're team:rolleyes:
Talk about abusing you're power, bet you feel real important.
Truth hurts doesn't it

Mate, I suggest you read the post again. I was referring to Carlton's lack of talent, specifically KPP talent, and even more specifically in regard to his claims that Kennedy had "limited opportunities" to prove himself at the Blues.

I take it comprehension wasn't (isn't?) your strong point at school? (Spelling certainly wasn't, Mr "Dillusional")

And, just to pre-empt the inevitable, whether Richmond has better talent is completely irrelevent to this argument.

Don't know if thats fair. I'd suggest Carlton have better KPP forwards than WC. I would take Fev, Waite and Fisher Over Lynch, Hansen and Co.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton announcement on Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back