Carlton are easily the best side outside the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

My smokey for the top 4 next year
top 4 is a big call. but they are a completely different team to the carlton side of the past few years. the improvements have been huge. during the first quarter of our game against them last week, i couldnt believe it was the same team we beat by 15 goals last year. richmond arent far behind the blues, but richmond have put in a few shockers this year, and thats probably the difference. correct me if im wrong, but i think carlton havent been blown away too often this year like richmond have a couple of times, and percentage probably shows that. but i think both sides will play finals next year though ;)

top 4 is a big call. but they are a completely different team to the carlton side of the past few years. the improvements have been huge. during the first quarter of our game against them last week, i couldnt believe it was the same team we beat by 15 goals last year. richmond arent far behind the blues, but richmond have put in a few shockers this year, and thats probably the difference. correct me if im wrong, but i think carlton havent been blown away too often this year like richmond have a couple of times, and percentage probably shows that. but i think both sides will play finals next year though ;)

I'm sure if carlton had played the hawks and cats twice this year like we have, then they would have put in a similar amount of shockers :D

I'm sure if carlton had played the hawks and cats twice this year like we have, then they would have put in a similar amount of shockers :D
i dont think richmonds game against the cats was all that much of a shocker really. the real dissapointing results for richmond would be interstate against adelaide and sydney, whether as carlton were in winning postions against both those teams. but regardless, carlton and richmond are both very dangerous now.

i dont think richmonds game against the cats was all that much of a shocker really. the real dissapointing results for richmond would be interstate against adelaide and sydney, whether as carlton were in winning postions against both those teams. but regardless, carlton and richmond are both very dangerous now.

The noticeable thing about our bad efforts against the Swans and Crows was that the ground was muddy. It was our lack of body size and experience in the midfield which was the difference because we couldn't really make much use of our speed. When we played the Cats, our players played scared. They panicked from start to finish and made silly decisions under no pressure. The swans game was a shocker and alot of that had to do with playing Hyde on Goodes in the middle. 90% our our games have been respectable

Wow! Best team outside the 8.

Rather be the worst team in the 8.

Good to see you're happy with coming 10th these days. That's what happens when you have to play by the rules for a change.

Wow! Best team outside the 8.

Rather be the worst team in the 8.

Good to see you're happy with coming 10th these days. That's what happens when you have to play by the rules for a change.

You will note that the thread was started by a Hawthorn supporter, so is a neutral view of things. Carlton supporters aren't happy to accept finishing 10th. Only premierships make us happy, but we are certainly pleased to see the club is putting in place the 'building blocks' towards winning our 17th premiership. That is when we will experience happiness.

I can understand your disdain for Carlton & its supporters though, that will tend to happen when you lose to a team more often than you beat them.

Not sure about best team outside the 8 but they are the best running team outside the 8 or possibly the entire comp.

Luckily they don't have the depth of quality to make a charge and the new teams coming in will hurt because they need to try and snag one while Judd is around.

and you have played Port, Saints and Lions twice. Not to mention the Pies twice, who you match up well on :cool:

Hardly easy games? we're about on par with Brisbane, St.Kilda are a top 8 side, Collingwood are hardly easy beats, and Port twice is nothing in comparison to Fremantle & Melbourne twice.

We've made the most out of our chances this year, Richmond still put in the occasional shocker against the good sides, and they find it hard to compete with the better sides - last week V Hawthorn was a top effort by you guys. Cartlon has managed to stay with the better sides for the most part of the season. Win, Lose or Draw, we've been pretty competitive in all games bar Geelong & North.

All 3 sides just outside the 8 are about as good as each other.

Richmond will end the season, having only defeated one side above them on the ladder (assuming they finish higher on the ladder then Brisbane)
Hawthorn could finish the year not having beaten 1 side above them on the year, does that make them any less a contender for finals next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't talk. You've taken on Freo twice, and about to play Melbourne twice. Thats 4 games handed to you on a silver platter.
So you expected Richmond to beat Freo back in round 4 before they were crap?

And people expected Carlton to beat Port at AAMI Stadium, having only won 2 games interstate since 2002, on a wet night, when 5 goals behind at 3 quarter time, several weeks before Port finally put the cue in the rack?
No they didn't which is the same thing as us beating the Dockers in Round 4 especially after 2 straight 7-8 goal losses. So to suggest we were given 4 games on a silver platter is dumb.

Everyone would agree that Richmond and Carlton are this seasons 2 biggest improvers. From 15th & 16th to being in contention for finals with 3 weeks to go in the season is proof of that. As for who is the best team out of the 8, there is no one answer that is correct, it all comes down to perception.

I reckon whoever finishes 9th will probably be the best team outside the 8, just a hunch

Yeah I would agree with this staement. If Carlton finish 9th yup they are the best team outside the 8. If someone else, say Richmond, finishes 9th, then they are the best team outside the 8. Pretty simple logic really.

the delusional thing about Carlton is they won't get any better next year. How? Fevola, Gibbs, Murphy, Stevens, Judd, Waite, Fisher, Carazzo - they won't be better next year, and the rest are just awful. Fremantle and Port will both finish above them next year relagating them to about 12th or 13th because they'll get smashed in the ruck and leak goals like the mens hockey team.

Some dude even bothered to leave me a usernote saying how much of a fool I looked like in this thread. I don't see it. Beating Brisbane doesn't make you the best side outside the 8. And my original point is still totally valid.

the delusional thing about Carlton is they won't get any better next year. How? Fevola, Gibbs, Murphy, Stevens, Judd, Waite, Fisher, Carazzo - they won't be better next year, and the rest are just awful. Fremantle and Port will both finish above them next year relagating them to about 12th or 13th because they'll get smashed in the ruck and leak goals like the mens hockey team.

You better hope that is the case! Given what we did to you twice this year.

Your post is crud mate.

i had heard the grapes were going to be sour this year & this confirms it. So the 19 year old Gibbs, 21 year old Murphy, 24 year old Judd, 19 year old Kreuzer, 21 year old Jamison, 20 year old Bower (the player who pantsed Travis Cloke in Round 4), 20 year old Grigg etc are not going to get better?

You use the word delusional & it is very relevant, because it sums up your thoughts perfectly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are easily the best side outside the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back