Carlton are the one to watch out for - They can win The Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember when Carlton fans kept telling us that the returns of McGovern, Motlop, Saad and Fogarty would make them even better :)
And then it did...

Mitch McGovern:
With - 10W 4L
Without - 2W 3L

Adam Saad:
With - 10W 4L
Without - 2W 3L

Lachie Fogarty
With - 10W 3L
Without - 2W 4L

Jesse Motlop
With - 1W 1L
Without - 11W 6L

Last edited:
And then it did...

Mitch McGovern:
With - 10W 4L
Without - 2W 3L

Adam Saad:
With - 10W 4L
Without - 2W 3L

Lachie Fogarty
With - 10W 3L
Without - 2W 4L

Jesse Motlop
With - 1W 1L
Without - 11W 6L

Nah' you kept telling me once those guys return, your side had improvement still left in them.

The reality of situation is you already played above yourselves throughout May/June.
Now you are noticing the natural regression as players (a couple I mentioned) fall away and perform to a level they have followed their entire career to date.

I'm also a big believer in VFL form as it gives you a glimpse into the depth across all levels.
Carlton's VFL team is currently sitting 19th. There is very little quality to come into the senior side if called upon.

It's going to be bloody interesting to see how the umpires adjudicate your club in week 1 of the finals. We all know Curnow receives more 50/50 calls than most during the home & away season.
If they choose to put their whistles away as they did in last years finals, Blues are in trouble. But that is stating the obvious isn't it.

Nah' you kept telling me once those guys return, your side had improvement still left in them.

The reality of situation is you already played above yourselves throughout May/June.
Now you are noticing the natural regression as players (a couple I mentioned) fall away and perform to a level they have followed their entire career to date.

I'm also a big believer in VFL form as it gives you a glimpse into the depth across all levels.
Carlton's VFL team is currently sitting 19th. There is very little quality to come into the senior side if called upon.

It's going to be bloody interesting to see how the umpires adjudicate your club in week 1 of the finals. We all know Curnow receives more 50/50 calls than most during the home & away season.
If they choose to put their whistles away as they did in last years finals, Blues are in trouble. But that is stating the obvious isn't it.
What happened round 15 this year? A whole bunch of spuds whooped your mob to the tune of 10 goals?

And when they did return there was improvement - McGovern, Saad and Fogarty were injured Round 4-5 and when they were out we had a slide in form. When they came back we saw improvement and the Blues won five games in a row. Have hit a bit of a form slump the last month but that doesn't at all relate to the players you have mentioned who have been great in their roles - it has to do with the midfield.

Carlton have had a double digit injury list pretty much all season meaning we are not playing many senior players in the VFL. It has pretty much just been 1-3 year players. Considering we are 4th so far in the AFL our depth has served us very well when there have been outs.

As they did in last years finals when Carlton won through to a prelim and lost to a team away by < 3 goals that hadn't lost at home for over a year?

What happened round 15 this year? A whole bunch of spuds whooped your mob to the tune of 10 goals?
We're in a quasi-rebuild.

The side is full of kids who aren't yet old enough to carry the side, veterans who have fallen off the cliff this year, sprinkled with a couple of guns in their prime.

It's an indictment on the rest of the league that we're even considered 'contenders', we should be nowhere near it.

I still think Carlton can do something this year. The season is just that even, and if they get an interstate side on the MCG, anything can happen.

...but you guys have to stop living off that round 15 win like it's anything of substance.

Beating Geelong circa 2024 is not the achievement people make it out to be, and Carlton supporters are at the forefront of that right now.

Carlton have had a double digit injury list pretty much all season

Ah yes, the injury card.

No mention of injuries when you were winning :)

You won easily.
Honestly though, in your heart of hearts, you really believe you will perform at that same level between now and when finals roll around?
I don't see it.

Maybe you a win a final but I think there's 4 or 5 teams hitting form at the right time of the year.

Ah yes, the injury card.

You won easily.
Honestly though, in your heart of hearts, you really believe you will perform at that same level between now and when finals roll around?
I don't see it.

Maybe you a win a final but I think there's 4 or 5 teams hitting form at the right time of the year.
We've got a month to get back to that form. See no reason we couldn't other than TDK missing up to finals. We're the best turnover side in the AFL but our 1 wood (contested game) has abandoned us in recent weeks. If the midfield fires up again we'll be right up ther.e

lol My Tilly gets bored on a Wednesday night and decides to start chest beating.

Remember last time you were this confident about the Blues flailing? I’ll remind you - we pummelled you by 10 goals and you disappeared until we lost to GWS. True story.

Yes but the Blues run home from here is the easiest of any of the finals candidates. 4 bottom 8 sides.

Geelong only have 1/5 against a top 10 side so they will be up there too.

Port have 3 top 10 sides along with a showdown so they won't go past you. Freo have 4 top 10 sides along with a derby.

So pretty much impossible for Carlton to finish below 3rd
Collingwood is almost always a tough opponent for Carlton and their season is on the line.

Hawthorn's game against them will basically also be their elimination final and they're one of the form teams in the comp.

At their best they would win both, but if they happened to lose both then confidence wouldn't exactly be high heading into the final two rounds.

I do think they'll recover but the idea that it's a certainty is questionable.

And then it did...

Mitch McGovern:
With - 10W 4L
Without - 2W 3L

Adam Saad:
With - 10W 4L
Without - 2W 3L

Lachie Fogarty
With - 10W 3L
Without - 2W 4L

Jesse Motlop
With - 1W 1L
Without - 11W 6L
FoGOATy is still the strongest correlator with a Carlton victory this year and maybe since you drafted him.

Why he isn't brought up in terms of Brownlow discussions etc I'm not sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol My Tilly gets bored on a Wednesday night and decides to start chest beating.

Remember last time you were this confident about the Blues flailing? I’ll remind you - we pummelled you by 10 goals and you disappeared until we lost to GWS. True story.

Are you really having a laugh or are you offended that I simply don't rate your mob?

Remember, it was you lot that bragged about how good you are, not me.
I'm still bemused by the hype they receive.
Your supporters have overrated the club like something shocking. Curnow and Cripps are outright superstars but it drops right off from there.

Should be a good match this weekend against Collingwood. One thing Carlton don't like is teams bringing the pressure. Collingwood harassed and tackled Carlton into oblivion last time these two met. If they bring that same intensity, Blue Baggers looking to drop right out of the four by the end of the weekend.

Remember when Carlton fans kept telling us that the returns of McGovern, Motlop, Saad and Fogarty would make them even better :)

Ah yes, the injury card.

You won easily.
I don't see it.

Are you really having a laugh or are you offended that I simply don't rate your mob?

Your supporters have overrated the club like something shocking. Curnow and Cripps are outright superstars but it drops right off from there.

Should be a good match this weekend against Collingwood. One thing Carlton don't like is teams bringing the pressure. Collingwood harassed and tackled Carlton into oblivion last time these two met. If they bring that same intensity, Blue Baggers looking to drop right out of the four by the end of the weekend.
So many words that I didn’t read

I laugh at the fact that all of this year, you ripped into Carlton whilst being totally hyperbolic & unreasonable. Right up until the pre-grame thread vs. Geelong where you made a spectacularly wrong prediction (which you've since deleted), then didn't post for 4 weeks, then bobbed up the minute we lost to GWS. I don't care that you don't rate Carlton, you just lose any credibility with that sort of behavior, just proves you're only interested in trolling & stirring shit up - so maybe we would take your arguments more seriously if you didn't make a fool of yourself.

Outside of banter threads, prove it. You clearly paint every single supporter with the same brush because of 1-2 nuffies.

Yes mate, it's the supporters who have Cripps, Curnow, Weitering, McKay (and Walsh up until recently) in the media mock All Australian teams. It's the supporters who storm AFL HQ and force them to put us 3rd on the ladder with 4 games to go.

We have weaknesses, one of them is handling pressure. Collingwood are a bogey side for us in big games so they will bring the heat and would not surprise me one bit if they rolled us.

Wait - we're still in the top 4? How can a team with only 2 good players be in the top 4 at this stage in the season? I think you're confused. The way you carry on, I thought we were 16th.

Last time i looked we were 4th with 14 clubs not as good as us so far, lets not get carried away yet.

Funny how we got those players back, we smoked you pretty much. That's in contrast to the first meetup where we lost by a touch over a couple of goals. So objectively, yes, the return of two key playmakers off HB makes us a better team.

Do you seriously think we'd be on par or worse without Sad and McGovern playing?

I don't see it.
Coming from the same person who said that level wouldn't even exist prior to the Round 15 matchup, your word holds zero weight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are the one to watch out for - They can win The Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back